COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 863

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:50 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:48 am
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:38 am https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/08 ... mask-rule/

and yes, Illy, i’m gloating that this dumbfuck got sick
Classy.

Cheering for the virus to spread is about as American as it gets.
not what i’m doing at all, but good try

i’m cheering that ignorance and anti-science stances are being exposed for what they are - dangerous
You're gloating that someone might lose their life. Classy.

Should the anti vaxxers post articles and cheer whenever there is a breakthrough case and someone gets sick and/or dies? Oh wait they already are. Classy. Both sides do it!

Sounds like you're cut from the same cloth.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

It cracks me up how much people still post and worry about covid when there are so much bigger problems in the world. Maybe the media should direct your attention elsewhere
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

yet, here you are posting too

:lol:
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, don’t we have any bigger problems to worry about?

nm sorry, thought this was the voter fraud thread
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:53 am
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:50 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:48 am

Classy.

Cheering for the virus to spread is about as American as it gets.
not what i’m doing at all, but good try

i’m cheering that ignorance and anti-science stances are being exposed for what they are - dangerous
You're gloating that someone might lose their life. Classy.

Should the anti vaxxers post articles and cheer whenever there is a breakthrough case and someone gets sick and/or dies? Oh wait they already are. Classy. Both sides do it!

Sounds like you're cut from the same cloth.
i couldn’t care less if he dies or not

just like i couldn’t care less what you think about me, or my reaction to science deniers getting covid
Deleted User 863

How compassionate of you.
Deleted User 89

randylahey wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:04 pm It cracks me up how much people still post and worry about covid when there are so much bigger problems in the world. Maybe the media should direct your attention elsewhere
the thing is, covid and whatever pandemic comes next are directly related to our interactions with the environment...as are the wildfires and climate change

i don’t see you posting about those issues
Deleted User 863

I wonder how different the stances from the 2 sides would be on the vaccine had Trump won?

If he were in office pushing for vaccinations i think many of those rural people refusing would take it.

I also think many of those on the left would be much more skeptical.

Strange world we are living in.
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:11 pm How compassionate of you.
i’ve plum run out of compassion for idiots

there is enough evidence that they should know better by now

if this was an unvaccinated person that legitimately wanted the vaccine but couldn’t get t due to access issues, i’d genuinely view it as a travesty

but this is an idiot that has overtly politicized the issue and, like the dumbfuck that died, has defaulted on his responsibility to those that elected him (and anyone else that looked to him for leadership and guidance)

fuck him...karmas a bitch
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:15 pm I wonder how different the stances from the 2 sides would be on the vaccine had Trump won?

If he were in office pushing for vaccinations i think many of those rural people refusing would take it.

:lol:

you really have no clue
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It is kind of a curious thought where we’d be with Trump still at the helm.

Then again, Trump declared the pandemic was over in like February 2020.

“When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done”
Deleted User 89

trump has had every opportunity to put out statements or speak through surrogates to support vaccination, but has done relatively little

he’s anti-science unless he himself is sick
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Get er done. First step: airlines and cruise ships.

The Biden administration is considering using federal regulatory powers and the threat of withholding federal funds from institutions to push more Americans to get vaccinated — a huge potential shift in the fight against the virus and a far more muscular approach to getting shots into arms, according to four people familiar with the deliberations.

The effort could apply to institutions as varied as long-term-care facilities, cruise ships and universities, potentially impacting millions of Americans, according to the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive conversations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:04 pm It cracks me up how much people still post and worry about covid when there are so much bigger problems in the world. Maybe the media should direct your attention elsewhere
Let me guess.

* the Southern border
* rampant voter fraud
* suppression of free speech by private enterprise
* Ebola
* globalism

What am I leaving out?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I was referring more to the planet dying. We are in the middle of a mass extinction of most life on earth and our species is to blame
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:15 pm I wonder how different the stances from the 2 sides would be on the vaccine had Trump won?

This is a very good point. Its sad how politicized everything is. But. Thats what happens when politicians see an issue an instead of thinking "how can we solve this" they think "how can we use this to our advantage"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:50 pm
Let me guess.

* the Southern border
* rampant voter fraud
* Ebola
* globalism

What am I leaving out?
They're coming to take yer gunz.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:58 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:50 pm
Let me guess.

* the Southern border
* rampant voter fraud
* Ebola
* globalism

What am I leaving out?
They're coming to take yer gunz.
Oh how could I forget. So many boogeymen!
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:17 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:11 pm How compassionate of you.
i’ve plum run out of compassion for idiots

there is enough evidence that they should know better by now

if this was an unvaccinated person that legitimately wanted the vaccine but couldn’t get t due to access issues, i’d genuinely view it as a travesty

but this is an idiot that has overtly politicized the issue and, like the dumbfuck that died, has defaulted on his responsibility to those that elected him (and anyone else that looked to him for leadership and guidance)

fuck him...karmas a bitch
Hopefully by you doing your part to continue the politization of the vaccine you change some minds of those refusing (LOL). It seems to be working well.

You're like Don Lemon. He had a guest on last night basically pleading with him to change his/their tactics they're using to try to convince people to get the shot.

Telling them how stupid they are isn't working (even though it's true). It's turned in to partisan nonsense instead of "here are the facts".

Now with every non vaccinated GOP member that test positive or dies there is celebration by some on the left....and everytime there is a vaccinated person who tests positive or dies the anti vaxxers rejoice and pat themselves on the back for not taking the shots.

It's all around dumb.

I saw on TV last night a poll showing the vast majority of unvaccinated do not plan on ever being vaccinated. Some indicated that they say they are "waiting" or "haven't had a chance", but that they only say that to avoid ridicule and they never plan on getting it. Fantastic.

The 2 sides hate each other so much they (the non vaxxers) will make bad decisions just to say fuck you to the other side, regardless of the outcome.

That % of vaccinated population will never get much higher than it is now. Which is nearly identical to yearly flu vaccination % irrc. So stop banging your head on the desk to a messageboard full of mostly vaccinated democrats. You aren't fighting the good fight here. Most of us are on your team.