COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:03 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:00 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:50 pm I don't think being wasteful is the issue.
definitely not directly. the waste happened largely because the resource wasn’t/isn’t valued appropriately by those for whom it was intended

but isn’t that the root issue with most all wastefulness?
I think the numbers are quite different if people were actually lining up to get it.

I can't fault the handling, and of course accidents happen. But still, the number is pretty small all things considered. (IT'S LESS THAN 1% AND YOU ARE FOCUSING ON THE NEGATIVE! am i doing this right?)
sure, accidents happen...and i’ll admit to being biased towards the US doing more for the global vaccination effort

... But the new data showed that the U.S. has wasted far more vaccine doses than many poorer countries have for their entire population. For example, the country of Georgia, a coronavirus hot spot, has administered just 1.1 million vaccine doses for its population of 4.9 million. Nepal, which has been ravaged by the delta variant, has administered just 9.7 million doses for its population of 30.4 million...

just not a good look...particularly when we’re talking about boosters
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

We were at a house party one night when we stumble into the kitchen, and on the counter I see a box of ziploc baggies next to a box of powdered sugar.

I say, how bout a prank, and put a bit of the powdered sugar in a bag. My bro’s like, no way that’ll pass off as coke bro.

Right then, a chick* walks in, sees the powder in a baggie, says OMG IS THAT COKE, and within seconds has lines cut up on the counter.

As she rolls up her 20 and leans in for the first sniff, I say, “sorry homegirl, that’s just powdered sugar. Look, it’s in a box next to the ziploc baggies, right in front of you on the counter, we were joking around about whether we could prank someone with it literally the moment you walked into the kitchen.

She freaks out. Like OMG YOU ASSHOLE! YOURE SUCH A DOUCHE! YOU ARE AN AWFUL PERSON! NOW I HAVE TO GO FIND REAL COKE FROM MY GUY!

Wait, what? How am I a douche for preventing you from snorting a bunch of powdered sugar?

She leaves the party for like 15 minutes, and sure enough, she comes back with real life coke.

I didn’t do any that night, but pretty sure it was the first time I saw it.

*and don’t worry CnB, this wasn’t the faux-goody goody chick we both knew from your dorm floor.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Honestly, I’m impressed somebody got in and out with a drug dealer in under 15 minutes.

Most of the time they make you hang out and act like you’re their friend.

Or is that just weed dealers?

Come to think of it, I’ve never bought coke.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:10 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:00 pm

definitely not directly. the waste happened largely because the resource wasn’t/isn’t valued appropriately by those for whom it was intended

but isn’t that the root issue with most all wastefulness?
I think the numbers are quite different if people were actually lining up to get it.

I can't fault the handling, and of course accidents happen. But still, the number is pretty small all things considered. (IT'S LESS THAN 1% AND YOU ARE FOCUSING ON THE NEGATIVE! am i doing this right?)
sure, accidents happen...and i’ll admit to being biased towards the US doing more for the global vaccination effort

... But the new data showed that the U.S. has wasted far more vaccine doses than many poorer countries have for their entire population. For example, the country of Georgia, a coronavirus hot spot, has administered just 1.1 million vaccine doses for its population of 4.9 million. Nepal, which has been ravaged by the delta variant, has administered just 9.7 million doses for its population of 30.4 million...

Yeah, I'm still going to disagree. I think this thing also falls mostly on the anti-vax idiots. It looks like the data is since March, and at that time, securing the vaccines before sending them out was the right thing to do because we all rightfully thought that we'd have lines for months to get doses in arms and to that 70% in each state number.

I think the "we could have vaccinated entire country X with thrown away doses" is low hanging fruit. Pointing to societal wastefulness is missing the bigger point, imo.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, taking a whole donut even though you didn’t plan to eat the entire thing and refusing a vaccine on mah rights/conspiracy grounds aren’t entirely apples to apples, but yea the indifference to waste is there
Deleted User 89

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:19 pm

Yeah, I'm still going to disagree. I think this thing also falls mostly on the anti-vax idiots. It looks like the data is since March, and at that time, securing the vaccines before sending them out was the right thing to do because we all rightfully thought that we'd have lines for months to get doses in arms and to that 70% in each state number.

I think the "we could have vaccinated entire country X with thrown away doses" is low hanging fruit. Pointing to societal wastefulness is missing the bigger point, imo.
and i don’t necessarily disagree with you

i think anti-vaxers, ill-prepared health departments and pharmacies, and short-sighted policies all played into it

the comparison to other countries is only illustrative if the access disparity...we’re wasting as much or more than many even have access to. that is trend that extends beyond covid vaccines
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:28 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:19 pm

and i don’t necessarily disagree with you

i think anti-vaxers, ill-prepared health departments and pharmacies, and short-sighted policies all played into it

the comparison to other countries is only illustrative if the access disparity...we’re wasting as much or more than many even have access to. that is trend that extends beyond covid vaccines
Well that seems more just like a numbers game. I'm guessing India's vaccine waste could probably vaccinate California. Maybe even multiple doses.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Well, would you look at this prick? Idiot.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1433 ... 16416?s=20
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

sdoyel wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:04 pm Well, would you look at this prick? Idiot.

:lol:

taking ivermectin

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v7e8 ... ivermectin
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“You just need to check out Joe Rogan’s podcast” does seem a common refrain among certain types
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:06 pm
sdoyel wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:04 pm Well, would you look at this prick? Idiot.

taking ivermectin

Jesus Christ. I assumed that was a joke. No, he from the horse's mouth, he's taking horse meds. This will get even more people killed. But no worries, we still got a few million more.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTSsA8wAR2-/

Also, I like how everything he took for COVID was not for COVID, yet the one thing for COVID, he ignores.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/01/10332937 ... covid-waco

A School System Closes After 2 Teachers Die Of COVID-19
Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

3.7 million teachers in the US. It's just two teachers, who cares. /randy
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:06 pm

taking ivermectin

On the plus side, his worm condition cleared up.
Deleted User 89

is that why he was rubbing his ass on the carpet?
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Looks like Candy the __________ got a hold of Jr's blow.
Seriously, wtf is wrong with her other than she appears she MAY be suffering the affects of cocaine usage (and having Covid?).

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 0389163008
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:41 pm Looks like Candy the __________ got a hold of Jr's blow.
Seriously, wtf is wrong with her other than she appears she MAY be suffering the affects of cocaine usage (and having Covid?).

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 0389163008
Funny how it works when they actually do come down with Covid. Why doesn’t she just ride it out?

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:45 pm
They retired. Good for them. Probably tired of constant death threats from the anti vax wackos.
https://www.businessinsider.com/2-top-f ... reddit.com
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Oh well, they didn’t get along with their boss... We just got FDA approval on the vaccine, what 2 weeks ago? Many of us have been vaxed since the Spring.

One former senior FDA leader told Endpoints that Gruber and Krause were leaving because they felt that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was making vaccine decisions that should have been left to the FDA and were upset with Marks, the leader of their division, for not insisting on the agency's oversight.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦