NFL 2021

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: NFL 2021

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:43 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:39 am Bills have been on a path to becoming my favorite AFC team. Cut Beasley's dumbass and it's complete.
I declare war on your Vikes
Ha. A consolation is that, other than Packers fans, my least favorite fan base is Denver. Awful.

Cowboys fans are bad, but too far removed from any success. Don't ever see any Raiders fans anymore. Chiefs fans have some really bad apples, but some good people in there. All Broncos fans suck.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I had a coworker who sat next to me for a year who was a Bills fan - also a Syracuse fan.
Most obnoxious coworker I've ever had - would bring up Melo and Warrick every other week.
He ruined the Bills for me.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ditto on donk fans. On Sims, the most random thing in the world besides their Washington Football Team name has been who they have under center. Awfully tough to play receiver there.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:50 am I had a coworker who sat next to me for a year who was a Bills fan - also a Syracuse fan.
Most obnoxious coworker I've ever had - would bring up Melo and Warrick every other week.
He ruined the Bills for me.
Sounds like a BWW Chad for sure. Probably the only time he watched 6 Syracuse games in a row.

One of my best friends from Myrtle Beach was a Cuse fan from NY. He maybe gave me a little shit in the beginning, but he was a huge hoops fan, and quickly became a big fan of our Kansas teams because we always watched games. That was around the Sherron Twins Tyshawn time. I remember him always calling Sherron "Lord Collins" because we swore he was his favorite college player to watch because of how fierce and fearless of a competitor he was.

He was oddly enough a 49ers fan...probably because the bills sucked for a long time growing up?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just a rough guesstimate on age here based on what i have gathered about you....but. 4 consecutive super bowl appearances isnt exactly "sucking"
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:57 pm Just a rough guesstimate on age here based on what i have gathered about you....but. 4 consecutive super bowl appearances isnt exactly "sucking"
I was 5 or 6 when the last of those happened. I think he is a few years younger than me....so i think from the time he was in middle school until recently they missed the playoffs just about every year.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://506sports.com/

The most wonderful time of the year is here. MAPS!

My Sunday will include..
Noon
Pittsburgh at Buffalo (Big Ben is the best early on)
Seattle at Indianapolis (Should be a high scoring affair, you would think)
3PM
Cleveland at KC (KC by a billion)
Green Bay at NO in Jax (I think Jameis will surprise a ton. Saints sneaky NFC South pick for me)
7pm
Chicago at LA Rams (Blah)
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

SEASON PREDICTIONS

AFC East - Buffalo
AFC South - Tennessee
AFC North - Cleveland
AFC West - Kansas City
AFC Wild Card Teams in no order - Chargers, Ravens, Fins

NFC East - Dallas
NFC South - New Orleans
NFC North - Green Bay
NFC West - Seattle
NFC Wild Card Teams in no order - Bucs, LA Rams, 49ers

AFC and NFC Byes - Kansas City and Green Bay

AFC Champion - Kansas City
NFC Champion - Tampa Bay

Super Bowl - Kansas City over Tampa Bay by the score of 30-21
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Famous Jameis over GOAT Brady is a bold pick.

Rest of your predictions look pretty close to chalk--I'm not sure why, but I am pretty high on the Rams. Chiefs over Rams for SB in a much too early call.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Just think Rams have been a bit too overhyped. Matt Stafford is fine, but is he THAT much of an improvement to where they will be a top dawg in the NFC? Not sure.

I just think the Saints have some good pieces and that defense has the potential to be pretty nasty. As long as Sean Payton doesn't try to get too cute with Taysom Hill, it might be a good season for the Saints.

But at SOME POINT, Tommy has to have some sort of fall off or injury that sidelines him for a few games. Don't necessarily want that as a football fan, but chances have to be trending that way.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bucs are taking that division by multiple games.
I think Dallas collapses somehow and the Eagles or Redskins come on top.
NFC West will be a battle.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:57 am Just think Rams have been a bit too overhyped. Matt Stafford is fine, but is he THAT much of an improvement to where they will be a top dawg in the NFC? Not sure.

I just think the Saints have some good pieces and that defense has the potential to be pretty nasty. As long as Sean Payton doesn't try to get too cute with Taysom Hill, it might be a good season for the Saints.

But at SOME POINT, Tommy has to have some sort of fall off or injury that sidelines him for a few games. Don't necessarily want that as a football fan, but chances have to be trending that way.
I think Stafford will be a lot better than Goff. And he gets away from the Detroit shit show. But, the pause is how good the division is. I like the Cardinals the least, but even they have quite a bit to like.

I read a doomsday article about the Saints this year with Jameis and my mind was made up for me. It could be high comedy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cascadia thinks Stafford is a bust.
I guess we'll see.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:12 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:57 am Just think Rams have been a bit too overhyped. Matt Stafford is fine, but is he THAT much of an improvement to where they will be a top dawg in the NFC? Not sure.

I think Stafford will be a lot better than Goff. And he gets away from the Detroit shit show. But, the pause is how good the division is. I like the Cardinals the least, but even they have quite a bit to like.

I read a doomsday article about the Saints this year with Jameis and my mind was made up for me. It could be high comedy.
Have to break from the chalk in at least one division. That division for me is the NFC South.

Deleted User 902

Post by Deleted User 902 »

My office is now in NJ, which had legal gambling now. Fan Duel doing a stupid promotion, 40-1 on any moneyline ($5 max bet). Got my money on TB tomorrow just to prime the pump going into Sunday. Only time I will ever will root for Tom Brady in my life. But if he loses, it was worth the $5
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

No Gus Edwards or Marcus Peters for the Ravens. Ravens are done.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:34 am SEASON PREDICTIONS

AFC East - Buffalo
AFC South - Tennessee
AFC North - Cleveland
AFC West - Kansas City
AFC Wild Card Teams in no order - Chargers, Ravens, Fins

NFC East - Dallas
NFC South - New Orleans
NFC North - Green Bay
NFC West - Seattle
NFC Wild Card Teams in no order - Bucs, LA Rams, 49ers

AFC and NFC Byes - Kansas City and Green Bay

NFC Champion - Tampa Bay

Super Bowl - Kansas City over Tampa Bay by the score of 30-21
AFC East - Buffalo
AFC South - Tennessee
AFC North - Cleveland
AFC West - Kansas City
AFC Wild Card Teams in no order - Chargers, Broncos, New England

NFC East - Washington
NFC South - Tampa
NFC North - Green Bay
NFC West - Seattle
NFC Wild Card Teams in no order - Arizona, LA Rams, 49ers

AFC and NFC Byes - Kansas City and Tampa

NFC Champion - Tampa Bay

Super Bowl - Kansas City over Tampa Bay by the score of 31-20
Deleted User 902

dub needs a codpiece wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:10 pm My office is now in NJ, which had legal gambling now. Fan Duel doing a stupid promotion, 40-1 on any moneyline ($5 max bet). Got my money on TB tomorrow just to prime the pump going into Sunday. Only time I will ever will root for Tom Brady in my life. But if he loses, it was worth the $5
I'm only like $35 in, but damn, if I just get some of the faves to win on the moneyline, might clear $2-4k. Some stupid promos out there, and signed up for a bunch. One company gave four $100 bets for a single $10 bet (which I then parlayed on things like Bills, TB and Chiefs ML). Another eight $25 bets for a $5 bet. I know the bonuses need to roll over a few times, but I turned $30 into a grand last CBB season, and could've done a lot more if I had actual access to legal books.

Most of bets tie into the TB ML, so need that to hit tonight.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I fear the endorphin rush of gambling and almost winning to start down that path. Double or nothing. As stated above it is best to bet against your favorite team so there is at least consolation as a fan in lost money. Ask not for who Fat Tony calls. He calls for Gutter.
Deleted User 902

Sparko wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:03 pm I fear the endorphin rush of gambling and almost winning to start down that path. Double or nothing. As stated above it is best to bet against your favorite team so there is at least consolation as a fan in lost money.
I played and cleaned up (and paid a good chunk of my undergrad tuition) on poker craze of the mid-2000s. I don't like gambling per se, but I do like trying to use my edge to get a small advantage. I would never bet anything I wouldn't mind spending on beers at the bar in a night, and keep it in the bankroll. Don't chase lost money, but use the money made in a bankroll and have fun. If you lose, fine, it made the Detroit-Atlanta game a little more interesting. I got way too invested in a lot of Idaho State games last season. If you win, hey, buy your wife something nice.