Gutter's HS football game analysis that no one should care about

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 887

Gutter's HS football game analysis that no one should care about

Post by Deleted User 887 »

I'm bored so here goes......
Last night I attended a High School Football game between Beverly Hills High School and Verbum Dei High School.
Besides the fact that the Beverly Hills team SUCKS (lost 44-6 to a team that 11 of us could probably beat and lost their two previous games by the scores of 33-0 and 38-0 to what I assume are mediocre at best teams), I was amazed at how half assed everything was, from the concessions, to the band, to the stadium, to the PA system, to the announcer, etc.. etc.
Only thing I was impressed with were the milfs in the stands.
Obviously Beverly Hills is a wealthy community so while I was extremely surprised that everything was second rate at best, most off all, I was in awe of how horrible the football team was.
I knew from the opening kickoff and very first defensive play that the team was garbage. Their kickoff formation was atrocious and I assumed they were attempting an onside/s kick. The kicker kicked the ball about 20 yards. Might as well have been an onside/s kick. I'm not that surprised he only kicked the ball 20 yards being that he is listed at 5-2 125 pounds and he is a Senior. He should consider a career as a horse jockey.
Then they gave up about a 40 yard run on the first play and it was pretty much all downhill from there.
I was sitting next to a very nice couple who's kid is a Sophomore and was a decent player on defense but he is listed at 5-8 145 pounds (which means he's probably smaller) and he was playing OLB. Unless he bulks up there is zero chance that he will see action in college. They told me he (and several of the guys on the team) is a wrestler so perhaps he needs to stay small (weight class) to continue wrestling?
Except for maybe a couple of players, their team as a whole was tiny. Not sure why. Did the kids not drink milk growing up? Are they only eating nuts and berries? Is there something in the water in Beverly Hills?
I didn't mention that there were probably only 30 or so players on the team so I don't know if some were out for Covid or if they really only have about 30 players on the TALENTLESS roster.
I asked the couple where the "star" of the Beverly Hills team (Dan Menache) was going to go to college and they said he is undecided. I am 99% sure the kid MIGHT be able to walk on at a school like Kansas but if he did, he probably would see just one down (as a Senior on Senior day?) if he was on the team.
Folks, I watched what I felt may have been the worst HS Football team I have ever seen play and I am not sure why, but I am shocked at just how bad they were/are. My questions that I may never know the answer to are - why and how. Why is there zero football talent in Beverly Hills? My biggest legit concern is if this Beverly Hills team were to play one of the better California HS teams, they would lose by 100 and 75% of their players would be carted off the field.
My guess is your High School's BAND could beat this Beverly Hills team.
Anyways, my takeaway was that obviously football isn't a priority in Beverly Hills. Perhaps if they really cared they should start recruiting. I told the couple I was sitting next to that I used to attend many Northwestern football games and back in the 70s and 80s one of the well known student chants after their opponent would score would be, "That's alright, that's ok, you're going to work for us someday".
They smirked but that was about it. I laughed when soon after that a kid on the Beverly Hills team had a nice run and they told me he is on the track team. My 54 year old SLOW fat ass might be as fast as that kid is. I assume the Beverly Hills Track team must blow too.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: Gutter's HS football game analysis that no one should care about

Post by JKLivin »

Good thing you’re safe in California, away from all of the COVID that would be lurking in your workplace.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

More gutterblog plz.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

pdub wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:13 am More gutterblog plz.
Careful! I may oblige.