Suite Draft....

Other Sports.
Deleted User 887

Suite Draft....

Post by Deleted User 887 »

I really don't expect anyone to care but I'm feeling the need to boast.
I am in charge of our company's sports tickets. We have full suites for the Cubs and Bears and share a suite with 3 other entities for the Bulls and Blackhawks. I just spent the last 2 hours "drafting" our seats /tickets in the suite.
You get to "draft" a full suite for 4 games and then we select 1/3 of the seats in the suite each time our pick comes up.

I ended up with....
Full suites for the Nets November 8th, Lakers December 19th, 76ers February 6th, and Hawks February 24th.
Me being crafty with my 1/3s, I got a FULL suite for Memphis on February 26th.

Crazy thing was for the full suites Milwaukee was the 1st pick and the Heat were the 2nd. I say crazy because the Bulls play them multiple times at home. I got the Lakers with the 3rd pick and then it snaked around and I got the 2nd Nets game. How can/could I not be thrilled with that?

In order of home games I have 1/3 for New Orleans, 2/3 for Detroit, 1/3 for New York, 1/3 for Charlotte, 1/3 for Denver, 1/3 for Houston, 1/3 for Indiana, 1/3 for Portland, 2/3 for San Antonio, 1/3 for Cleveland, 1/3 for Toronto, 1/3 for Charlotte.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Suite Draft....

Post by Sparko »

Get the Bears to acquire Pooka and I will be impressed.
Deleted User 887

Sparko wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:30 pm Get the Bears to acquire Pooka and I will be impressed.
If I'm not mistaken, he's on the Bengals practice squad. Might be better for him to sit on the back burner for the Bengals than be an after thought for the Bears.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:25 pm I really don't expect anyone to care but I'm feeling the need to boast.
I am in charge of our company's sports tickets. We have full suites for the Cubs and Bears and share a suite with 3 other entities for the Bulls and Blackhawks. I just spent the last 2 hours "drafting" our seats /tickets in the suite.
You get to "draft" a full suite for 4 games and then we select 1/3 of the seats in the suite each time our pick comes up.

I ended up with....
Full suites for the Nets November 8th, Lakers December 19th, 76ers February 6th, and Hawks February 24th.

Crazy thing was for the full suites Milwaukee was the 1st pick and the Heat were the 2nd. I say crazy because the Bulls play them multiple times at home. I got the Lakers with the 3rd pick and then it snaked around and I got the 2nd Nets game. How can/could I not be thrilled with that?

In order of home games I have 1/3 for New Orleans, 2/3 for Detroit, 1/3 for New York, 1/3 for Charlotte, 1/3 for Denver, 1/3 for Houston, 1/3 for Indiana, 1/3 for Portland, 2/3 for San Antonio, 1/3 for Cleveland, 1/3 for Toronto, 1/3 for Charlotte.
This is not a fun job.
Deleted User 887

jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:19 am
NotGutterGutter wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:25 pm I really don't expect anyone to care but I'm feeling the need to boast.

I ended up with....

This is not a fun job.
The "drafting" part is very fun for me. Dealing with requests and distribution/s, not fun at all.
Especially when I am not the ultimate decider (who does and doesn't get the tickets) and now that the tickets are "electronic".
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:46 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:19 am

I ended up with....

This is not a fun job.
The "drafting" part is very fun for me. Dealing with requests and distribution/s, not fun at all.
Especially when I am not the ultimate decider (who does and doesn't get the tickets) and now that the tickets are "electronic".
At the start of August 2014, the Royals were about .500. As .500ish teams do, they hit up season ticket holders for playoff ticket purchases. It's a neat trick for clubs: if they don't make the playoffs, they net the interest on a pretty decent chunk of change before refunding the money.

My firm passed on buying one set of our tickets, and when I learned of that I bought the set.

The rest, as they say, was history.

Let me tell you, though, when people found out (with interest at fever pitch) that this set of tickets was not the firm's, but mine...there were some uncomfortable moments.