COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:34 pm the vaccine is not exactly delivering on what they promised us way back at the beginning. that we know for sure. they promised us x, we got y.
What was promise X again?
And who exactly promised it?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Nick Carl, a biochemist who works for Pfizer, admitted that natural immunity from covid infection is stronger than the protection you get from the Pfizer vaccine. Thoughts?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

randylahey wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:32 pm Nick Carl, a biochemist who works for Pfizer, admitted that natural immunity from covid infection is stronger than the protection you get from the Pfizer vaccine. Thoughts?
My thought is I still don't want to get Covid...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:34 pm the vaccine is not exactly delivering on what they promised us way back at the beginning. that we know for sure. they promised us x, we got y.
Huh?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

They promised that it would greatly reduce your odds of getting covid and it has done exactly that. If you thought they were telling you that it would make it impossible for you to get covid still then that's on you.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

randylahey wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:32 pm Nick Carl, a biochemist who works for Pfizer, admitted that natural immunity from covid infection is stronger than the protection you get from the Pfizer vaccine. Thoughts?
I imagine one could do a statistical analysis of sorts, right?

What’s the probability of serious disease or death from unvaccinated infection vs vaccinated, or the same probability after vaccination vs after natural immunity, or the same probability after vaccination plus natural immunity, etc.

And without knowing the calculations, I seriously doubt any would suggest any advantage to not getting vaccinated - certainly not enough to warrant all your naysaying.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

they sold us a cadillac. they delivered a chevy. chevy is fine. but it ain't no cadillac.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea, I wuz really hoping my vaccine would have heated leather seats
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:10 pm they sold us a cadillac. they delivered a chevy. chevy is fine. but it ain't no cadillac.
Once again, what in the actual fuck are you babbling about?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:17 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:10 pm they sold us a cadillac. they delivered a chevy. chevy is fine. but it ain't no cadillac.
translation:

The thing about the Covid vax rollout is you can't always get what you want, so we need to stop driving such a hard bargain and learn not to bite off more than we can chew.

It is what it is so let's find that needle in the haystack.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:44 pm
My thought is I still don't want to get Covid...
If you're only concern is generating the best possible antibodies. Which is never something I've heard someone say. You'll likely become exposed to the virus eventually whether you're vaccinated or not, and you can generate those antibodies then. It's just a matter of whether you want to be sick or not.

Protection from the vaccine doesn't preclude you from generating additional new antibodies if you do come in contact with the virus, to my knowledge.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

He sounds eloquent. Here's his quote.
"Your antibodies are probably better than the vaccination... When somebody is naturally immune, like, they got COVID, they probably have better, like, not better, but more antibodies against the virus."

"So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus," Karl said.
No one would argue that there are more antigens from a whole virus than from a single protein. But the spike glycoprotein was chosen for the vaccine because it offers the best protection against the virus, since that's needed for cellular entry.

Not all antibodies offer protection. So more doesn't always mean better.

Now, what's his actual job with Pfizer? And can you find this from a reputable source? Because I couldn't find either.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Hey, he don't need to talk no gud enslush to know wut he's talkn bout
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:34 pm
He sounds eloquent. Here's his quote.
"Your antibodies are probably better than the vaccination... When somebody is naturally immune, like, they got COVID, they probably have better, like, not better, but more antibodies against the virus."

"So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus," Karl said.
No one would argue that there are more antigens from a whole virus than from a single protein. But the spike glycoprotein was chosen for the vaccine because it offers the best protection against the virus, since that's needed for cellular entry.

Not all antibodies offer protection. So more doesn't always mean better.

Now, what's his actual job with Pfizer? And can you find this from a reputable source? Because I couldn't find either.
And the word "probably" means that he is just speculating without basing on any actual test evidence. I fully expect places such as Pfizer etc... to have employees who are of a similar mindset as Mich.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randy what are your thoughts on the abundance of evidence supporting the vaccine by the overwhelming majority of scientists and Healthcare experts why do you seek out these questionable sources that only fit your narrative if you twist their words or take them out of context?

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

This is what I hate about conspiracy theorists they ignore 99% of the data and fixate on 1% that likely doesn't mean what they think it means.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Y'all keep saying 99
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:25 pm
Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:17 pm
translation:

The thing about the Covid vax rollout is you can't always get what you want, so we need to stop driving such a hard bargain and learn not to bite off more than we can chew.

It is what it is so let's find that needle in the haystack.
The spider turd in the pepper shaker.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

So succinct, yet so thoroughly persuasive.
Ain't no seats
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:56 pm This is what I hate about conspiracy theorists they ignore 99% of the data and fixate on 1% that likely doesn't mean what they think it means.
It may in fact be true that this Nick fellow’s ultimate recommendation be that you should get the vaccine. So they’re likely ignoring 99.999999999999% of the data.