Uncle Joe

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by MICHHAWK »

not even dear uncle joe agrees with the social medias whackjobs. so i feel ok about it.

you may want to look within. take stock. if you are more radicaler than dear uncle joe. cause that dude is nuts on most things.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

to be clear, i’m not advocating that they should’ve all just been let in to the US

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wx5mnz/ ... -reactions

What Black People Saw When Border Patrol Whipped Haitians on Horseback

... “The first feeling is just rage,” Nana Gyamfi, the executive director of the Black Alliance for Just Immigration, a nonprofit that organizes and advocates for the Black and migrant rights, told VICE News. “Outrage, enraged, all of the words that have rage in them.”

For Gyamfi, like many others at the forefront of Black immigration issues, the photos evoked America’s not-so-distant past with slavery and the racism that has followed for more than a century after its abolition. And for them, the Department of Homeland Security’s actions earlier this week were yet another reminder that the fight for Black equality isn’t just a local one; it’s global.

Over the weekend, thousands of Haitian migrants were forced back into Mexico after trying to cross the Rio Grande into the U.S. via Texas. The scene of the confrontation was horrific: Men on horseback were wielding lariats that closely resembled whips, while grabbing and swinging at Black men, women, and children who were hoping to find refuge. Migrants tried to reason with the authorities and explain why they were fleeing to America, as patrol officers called their home country “shit.”

“Those horses and whips were used on us during the Selma-to-Montgomery march in 1965 when we were seeking the right to vote, and now those horses and whips are being used on us as we seek safe passage and asylum,” said Vince Warren, executive director for the Center of Constitutional Rights, a progressive human rights organization with a focus on legal advocacy.

Warren wasn’t alone in feeling this way. Rep. Ayanna Pressley, civil rights attorney Ben Crump, and other Black leaders chimed in to voice outrage over the method that was employed to handle the Haitians at the U.S.-Mexico border.

“It’s an instrument that is reserved for Black people, regardless of their immigration status,” Warren said of the actions taken by Border Patrol agents. “It is a problem that the Biden administration has to address.”...

and Haitians in particular have been subjected to similar treatment by US immigration for decades
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:33 am not even dear uncle joe agrees with the social medias whackjobs. so i feel ok about it.

you may want to look within. take stock. if you are more radicaler than dear uncle joe. cause that dude is nuts on most things.
do you even speak english?

i bet many of those Haitians are more articulate than yourself

#senilemich
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you're like a member of "the squad" now. congratulations.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Cuz he speaks English?
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Need to get this bill passed. That should rebound these numbers. But currently with this bickering amongst Dems following the Afghanistan stuff it’s not at all surprising.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Yikes.

2024 is going to be extremely interesting.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:38 pm
Yikes.

This is why I fear the Democratic push to end the filibuster. As much as I disagree with Democrats, I can't imagine what this generation of Republicans would do.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:38 pm
Yikes.

You didn't think it would be interesting no matter what his approval rating is/was in early October of 2021?
I predict the guy with the old balls won't run for re-election. Question I have is if Kamala is the candidate. I say it's highly doubtful.
No matter who the Dems and Pubs have running and no matter who wins, I think we ALL probably lose. Just like in 2020.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

This is a calm down moment. I doubt President Biden seeks re-election. He said during the campaign that he may be just a caretaker. With that in mind, I doubt he cares about the poll numbers. What I wish he would say is this: "If you do not get vaccinated; if you do not mask; if you get Covid-19, you get no medical treatment other than palliative care." In my opinion, we need to thin the population of dummies.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“a division of the republic into two great parties … is to be dreaded as the great political evil.”

- John Adams
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

uncle joe will not run for a second term. so he doesn't much care.
Deleted User 887

Who the fuck is Spooky Hannah?

Some if not many of these particular people were NOT "peaceful".
Some were committing acts of vandalism.
If I had to diagnose the woman in the video, I'd say she's not right in the head. Forgetting her mental well being, she allegedly threw something over the fence at the White House. if so, that's a no no and she faced the repercussions of her actions. Good.
Deleted User 887

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:14 am uncle joe will not run for a second term. so he doesn't much care.
Your first sentence is an assumption. Your second sentence is also an assumption.
Right?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:20 am Some if not many of these particular people were NOT "peaceful".
Some were committing acts of vandalism.
If I had to diagnose the woman in the video, I'd say she's not right in the head. Forgetting her mental well being, she allegedly threw something over the fence at the White House. if so, that's a no no and she faced the repercussions of her actions. Good.
must be the white supremists. who else would do such a thing.
Deleted User 89

they were told to move to an adjacent park...chose not to

one of the women “arrested” through an orange

i’m glad they were there exercising their free speech, and for a cause i agree with, but you gotta follow rules and demonstrate in a civil manner
Deleted User 89

lol at least they weren’t dispersed for a manufactured photo-op