Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by TDub »

new season of MeatEater out now
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Never heard of this, but I'm a meat eater. What's it about?
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:26 am Never heard of this, but I'm a meat eater. What's it about?
its a dude who goes all over the US hunting and fishing for anything and everything. Its a different approach to your typical hunting show..more...conservation minded and hunting is about respect and food...not trophies etc.

Then he cooks it all up and eats it. Usually gives a couple recipes and tips on how to cook wild game and particularly focuses on how to/or that you can eat the more atypical parts of the animal like the heart.

Its mainly a hunting show, with some cooking channel mixed in and with a different approach to both.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sopranos prequel movie coming out today. One of my biggest failures as a husband is never getting any traction with Mrs. Fish on getting through the show.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:15 am Sopranos prequel movie coming out today. One of my biggest failures as a husband is never getting any traction with Mrs. Fish on getting through the show.
Looking forward to it.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Midnight Mass on Netflix is good, just in time for some Halloween spooks.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... ction=view
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Ancient Aliens -- They're just phoning this season in. It's top 10 lists of past seasons.

Lame. These dudes need to come up with a real, live alien or I'm not watching anymore.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:26 am Never heard of this, but I'm a meat eater. What's it about?
ever had the eye fat from behind the eye of a caribou? apparently it tastes like pizza dough. I wonder if thats true of other similar animals....gonna try it next time I shoot an elk.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I have not. But I'm up for about anything.

My friends from Peru made anticuchos on the grill one time. Pretty tasty. I imagine it will work with elk as well as beef.

https://perudelights.com/anticuchos-cow ... n-a-stick/
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

id try it for sure. hearts pretty good. just a big muscle like anything else we eat
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I watched the first couple episodes of Squid Game to see what the fuss is about. It's so silly but you still kinda want to find out what happens.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

My daughter asked if I had watched it yet. Seems kinda goofy based on her description. I don't do campy horror.

I need to find something good for the wife and I to watch. None of the shows we have watched have new seasons coming soon so we really aren't watching anything. Yellowstone comes out next month but it was too slow starting for her to get into so it's one I watch on my own. Not sure what's next for us. Is that White Lotus show on HBO Max any good? We have also never watched Succession.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Anyone watching Capt Kirk go up in the big white peen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lul-Y8vSr0I
Defense. Rebounds.
shindig

Post by shindig »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:44 am I watched the first couple episodes of Squid Game to see what the fuss is about. It's so silly but you still kinda want to find out what happens.
I started it, but is the whole series in sub-titles? I can't watch movies/shows that are all in a foreign language.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's dubbed too.
Yea, annoying.
But i've been watching more and more shows with subtitles on ( shows in English - just with closed captioning ) due to keeping the volume low because of external circumstances so i've gotten used to it.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Midnight Diner; Tokyo Stories is really good and subtitled.
Defense. Rebounds.
shindig

Post by shindig »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:44 am It's dubbed too.
Yea, annoying.
But i've been watching more and more shows with subtitles on ( shows in English - just with closed captioning ) due to keeping the volume low because of external circumstances so i've gotten used to it.
Yeah, I always have subtitles on because sometimes I can't hear what they are saying and I don't need to turn the volume way up. But at least it's still in English. Listening to Chinese through a whole series, I can't deal with it..lol.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They have a dubbed version where voice actors recorded over them speaking, in English.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I probably watch 50/50 non-english movies/tv to English, and native language + subtitles is 1,000,000x better than dubbed, imo. So, it's surprising to me recently learning that a lot of Netflix viewers watch dubbed versions of foreign content, Squid Game or otherwise.

Hate how the dubs have bad syncing of audio/video and voices that don't fit the actors/actresses.You also miss a lot of things/references when not in the native language, but that's obviously not going to matter for languages completely foreign to you.

Anyway, Squid Game is pretty good. Worth the binge, and it it is a binge. Way better than the Hunger Games movies, imo.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Watching Shatner ramble incoherently. Wow. He's either trippin or senile.
Defense. Rebounds.