Do We Even Bother...

Ugh.
twocoach

Do We Even Bother...

Post by twocoach »

...to have a conversation about the unqualified lackey that Trump has appointed acting Attorney General? What's the over/under on this clown's time in the AG office, two weeks?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Do We Even Bother...

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:08 pm ...to have a conversation about the unqualified lackey that Trump has appointed acting Attorney General? What's the over/under on this clown's time in the AG office, two weeks?

He's an interim. But either he or another interim will stay until the new Congress is seated.

Then Rudy (ugh) or Christie (ugh-er) can be confirmed by the Flake-less, Corker-less expanded majority.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Flake, an embarrassment to Az, he can’t be gone soon enough.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I wouldn’t be so certain about Romney’s vote. He’s enough of a weasel himself that he might vote a certain way just to spite Trump. Utah voters have a greater allegiance to Romney than be beholden to Trump. Besides he’s not up for re-election for another six years
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

And?
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

And what? Not to argue. Not my intent. But remember when he invited Romney for an interview for a cabinet position and then stoned him? Romney has six years in a secure seat to exact retribution. We already have a shit show. Romney is going to fuck over Trump in some fashion. Trump is defenseless against a six year term.

I'm just going sit back and watch. Is Flake a Latter Day Saint?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Leawood wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:29 pm And what? Not to argue. Not my intent. But remember when he invited Romney for an interview for a cabinet position and then stoned him? Romney has six years in a secure seat to exact retribution. We already have a shit show. Romney is going to fuck over Trump in some fashion. Trump is defenseless against a six year term.

I'm just going sit back and watch. Is Flake a Latter Day Saint?
Yes.
Don't inject Lysol.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:42 pmAnd?
Just saying that the “expanded majority” may not be as solid a block as you think/expect. Yes it takes a couple more than before but guys like Gardner are now paying more attention to their own future.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:10 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:42 pmAnd?
Just saying that the “expanded majority” may not be as solid a block as you think/expect. Yes it takes a couple more than before but guys like Gardner are now paying more attention to their own future.
He'll have more votes in the next Senate, dissenters notwithstanding.