Mahomie

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Mahomie

Post by twocoach »

All in all a really shitty weekend of sports for KU/KC fans.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Truly was.
Saving grace was that Chargers lost so Chiefs still control their destiny.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think if LA wins on Saturday night, Reid doesn't play the younger guys in the defensive backfield like they did last night. Rookies and young guys getting significant snaps. That doesn't happen in a must-win scenario.

Reid had a game to play with and see if they get a win while getting Fuller, Parker, Scandrick and other guys the week off.

Chiefs will win by 20 on Sunday and all will be well. And even then, I'm not 100% sure LA beats the Donkeys.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I agree that everything will be fine, but I don't like there being another data point of this team failing to gut out the tough ones.

Mahomie (for purposes of this thread only) also really needs to figure out how to cool his jets a little bit coming out of the tunnel.

It's not his fault, but the defense is so bad that we really can't afford to give possessions away while he gets into the game.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:05 am I agree that everything will be fine, but I don't like there being another data point of this team failing to gut out the tough ones.

Mahomie (for purposes of this thread only) also really needs to figure out how to cool his jets a little bit coming out of the tunnel.

It's not his fault, but the defense is so bad that we really can't afford to give possessions away while he gets into the game.
Man, that wide open bomb to Kelce that he missed hurt. He just flicked his wrist and the ball traveled 50 yards. Just amped up so much.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

So what do you guys think does Mahomes get 50 and 5k against the raiders?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

By my math - 184 yards and 2 TDs. With the Chiefs defense he could have that by halftime. No doubt he gets to 5k and 50.

Well last night stunk. The defense is the Grinch. The offense isn't a world beater anymore. But....regardless how this season ends, which I fully expect it will end badly the difference is that Mahomes is going to be around for a long, long time. That is the difference and that is also why things in the long run are going to be okay. Did he play a great game last night. No. He didn't but damnit if every time he gets the ball you don't get the feeling that something extraordinary is about to happen. I am going to try to hold on to that feeling as long as I can because that is something that very few teams have or will have.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

columbusdjkc wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:48 am So what do you guys think does Mahomes get 50 and 5k against the raiders?
Yes. He'll get 275 and 3 TDs.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

My numbers must be off. He has to have a minimum of 275 and 3 TDS every game moving forward if the Chiefs are to have any chance.
Raiders are going to be no easy game on Sunday.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

http://m.espn.com/nfl/playerinfo?playerId=15865

Just released by Washington, can the Chiefs pick him up?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Has to pass through waivers. Very unlikely he lasts until KC.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

If he passes through waivers and the Chiefs don’t sign him I would be very worried about the affairs at 1 Arrowhead Drive.
That would be a great guy to have for the stretch run. Big body, enforcer that would allow Berry to roam.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:05 am I agree that everything will be fine, but I don't like there being another data point of this team failing to gut out the tough ones.

Mahomes was money all through crunch time. I don't follow as close as everyone here, but it sure seems to me that the defense has been awful all season. The difference to me the last 3-4 weeks is that the Chiefs are no longer 60 straight minutes of unstoppable offense without Hunt. Defense looks the same.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:06 am By my math - 184 yards and 2 TDs. With the Chiefs defense he could have that by halftime. No doubt he gets to 5k and 50.

Well last night stunk. The defense is the Grinch. The offense isn't a world beater anymore. But....regardless how this season ends, which I fully expect it will end badly the difference is that Mahomes is going to be around for a long, long time. That is the difference and that is also why things in the long run are going to be okay. Did he play a great game last night. No. He didn't but damnit if every time he gets the ball you don't get the feeling that something extraordinary is about to happen. I am going to try to hold on to that feeling as long as I can because that is something that very few teams have or will have.
Rodgers won a SB despite GB being ran terribly by the GM and McCarthy for basically his entire career.

Mahomes is going to win a SB in Kansas City. He'll win 2 or 3 if KC stops trading away All-Pro corners.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Mahomes was money all through crunch time. I don't follow as close as everyone here, but it sure seems to me that the defense has been awful all season. The difference to me the last 3-4 weeks is that the Chiefs are no longer 60 straight minutes of unstoppable offense without Hunt. Defense looks the same.
Mahomes has come out of the box overthrowing a few times this year. New England, Rams, this last game all come to mind. I didn't see the start of the Chargers loss.

I'm as bummed as anyone today, but it's super important to step back and realize how far ahead of schedule it is to even be bummed about limping into the playoffs as the #1 seed in the AFC.

Some fill-in dope on 610 this morning was talking about how the Chiefs need to strike now because windows only last three years in the NFL. That's nonsense, of course, when you've got a quarterback. And the Chiefs have a quarterback.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Hunt holds the purse strings.He's as cheap as his old man.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We are 0-2 since Eric Berry returned from injury. At his salary, KC should offload him this offseason.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think he's a year out (at least) from that being feasible. Houston's the guy that is probably gone unless he agrees to a haircut in a restructuring.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

No. Have you seen what the defense has looked like with him out there? Plus, he'd be a $15M dead cap hit if released. Compared to his cap hit of $16M, you'd only save $1M by letting him go. He'll be in KC at least one more year when his dead cap hit is $8M.

Here is what the defense looked like with him of the field..

7 points allowed against Chargers in first half. He then sits out and the Chargers go crazy in 2nd half.

14 points allowed in first half to Seahawks. Defense actually looks pretty good. 7 points on first drive, and don't score again until 5 minutes left in 2nd quarter. Berry is off and on in 2nd half, and the Seahawks score 24 in second half with 14 in the 4th quarter.