Kansas Football 2021 Season

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Kansas Football 2021 Season

Post by pdub »

They opened the gates in the third quarter, no ticket needed.

It was a huge opportunity cheapened by the last call. It was also promising. Can we see that effort and strategy again this season?
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

pdub wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:42 pm They opened the gates in the third quarter, no ticket needed.

It was a huge opportunity cheapened by the last call. It was also promising. Can we see that effort and strategy again this season?
I am hoping it can happen at the ksu or wv games. Actually, I am hoping it happens at both.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

College is weird. I have no idea how you look so lifeless against Tech with an extra week to prepare but some how look like a completely different team against OU.
Holidaysmore - 2005
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:15 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:06 pm I give Leipold a D plus up until Saturday morning.

Today was an A plus.
Like a 99.

So maybe averages to a C.
I would say C+ before today and a B- after today.
much fairer scoring curve. thx
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:22 pm It's ok to be a fan of a team and feel like you got jobbed by a call. And some calls are more important than others.

twocoach, gutter and illy seem to never accept that. The officials are always right or it "evens" out in a game.

Nah.
I stated numerous times that the no call on the long reverse was a blatant fuck up.

And I repeatedly said that it was a ref mistake not to blow that OU 4th down play call dead on forward progress.

Some people just feel that if you don't act like a total homer and call a close call an "egregious fuck up" then you aren't a "real fan". So it goes. Some people get irrational when the team they cheer for loses, others don't. I used to be way more "the refs fucked us" irrational than I am now; I've just mellowed the last few years is all. I dont take your comments personally.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But it was a pretty bad fuck up.
And not irrational given the talk and controversy around it.

It’s ok to admit that despite KU allowing OU to comeback in the second half.

And the narrative of don’t blame the ref personally doesn’t work for me. They are much like a player on the field. If that player fumbles the ball on the opponents 40 yard line, down 5 points, with 5 minutes left on first and ten, you’d be able to blame the player.

He needs to learn to protect the ball. We coulda won if he had just done his job.

Similar thing for me and the officials. It’s not THE reason for a loss but you can blame them for game altering plays.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Before the game when they showed the crowed that stadium was empty. I would say there were more OU fans at the game then KU fans. If you were to tell KU fans we have #3 at home and we going to be in this till the end then that stadium full. Why was the stadium empty and why were half of you not paying attention till half time? Cause the previous games we were garbage. Today the ref's were garbage, just pure garbage.

Honestly that was the most fun I had watching a KU game in awhile but there are no moral victories. We need to win some games and specifically we need to beat those purple wearing clowns
Last edited by hartjack8 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ksu beat Tech on the road.
We got absolutely thrashed by Tech at home.
While transitive property doesn’t always apply, I still don’t like our chances v the purple clowns.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ESPN headline:
OUs Williams delivers gotta have it play to win.

“You've got to get those two kids a bunch of credit," Riley said, noting that Brooks, who rarely fumbles, willingly gave the ball up to someone trying to rip it from his arms.

"I think Kennedy realized what Caleb was trying to do," Riley said. "They both understood the situation and it was worth the chance.”

Nah.
Kennedy didn’t know until it was too late.
He was fortunate it was Williams and now they’re all, we did that on purpose.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:41 pm
Overlander wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:17 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:16 pm Leipold is the guy, you guys. Not that it was that in doubt.
This
"This" what?
Let's be real here. He's the coach of a shit team that is 1-6.
A team that gave up 49, 45, 52, 59, and 41 points in consecutive games.
A team that gave up 35 2nd half points today.
If that's "the guy", I would hate to know what it would take to not be "the guy".

We are making progress. Are you even watching the games?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bean looked good.
Neal looked good.
Our defense looked good at points.

Lost a fumble. OUs reverse hurt us but shoulda been called back from a hold. Needed to tackle Williams on OUs 2nd to last TD run. The 4th and 1 play with 5 mins left may have cost us a win.

We coulda beaten no. 3 OU with some better officiating.
Promising.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm pretty happy, with our play, not.... you know, the refs.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:02 am
Overlander wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:17 pm

This
"This" what?
If that's "the guy", I would hate to know what it would take to not be "the guy".

I have watched parts of some games and 95% of yesterday's game.
I basically said before the season that this team probably will show "progress" because it would be difficult for it to be any worse than KU football has been recently.

You say, "we are making progress".
Sure, I agree we MADE progress in A game. I gave and continue to give the coaching staff and players the credit they deserved for it. But......IT WAS ONE GAME.
Let's review the "progress" this team has made.
We beat South Dakota by 3.
Then we lost by 27 to Coastal. "progress"?
Then we lost by 38 to Baylor. "progress"?
Then we lost by 19 to Duke. "progress"?
Then we lost by 52 to ISU. "progress?
Then we lost by 27 to TTU. "progress?
Then we lost by 12 to Oklahoma. Yes, it seems that is/was progress but one game does not make a coach nor a season. Right? Or maybe it does. What the fuck do I know?

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:43 am

"This" what?

What the fuck do I know?

You should have led with this.
Deleted User 887

Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:00 pm

What the fuck do I know?

How about you be a nice guy and tell me about the progress that you've seen - before the OU game.
Pretty please.
Thanks in advance!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:13 pm

What the fuck do I know?

How about you be a nice guy and tell me about the progress that you've seen - before the OU game.
Pretty please.
Thanks in advance!
I see a competant coach.
I see better effort.
I see fewer mistakes.
I see a reason to look forward to the next few years of football at MY Alma Mater.

Of course, I have no idea what this all looks like through the eyes of a non-Jayhawk fan. But you do a decent job of reminding us.
Deleted User 887

Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:19 pm

Pretty please.
Thanks in advance!
I see a competant coach.
I see better effort.
I see fewer mistakes.
I see a reason to look forward to the next few years of football at MY Alma Mater.

Of course, I have no idea what this all looks like through the eyes of a non-Jayhawk fan. But you do a decent job of reminding us.
I see a coach who's team is 1-6 horse shit.
You and I both saw better effort yesterday. Like I said, that's ONE game. Did you see better effort against Baylor after the CC loss and better effort against ISU after the Duke loss?
You see fewer mistakes - What mistakes did you see that aren't happening anymore?
I see a reason to believe Kansas Football is going to be lousy for the next few years. KU is going to lose some of our best players and who has Leipold signed that I'm supposed to be excited about? I was under the impression the 2022 recruiting class blows. No?
You're dead wrong for calling me a "non-jayhawk fan" but you're right if you accuse me of seeing horse shit and not thinking it's Chateaubriand.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I guess we see things differently.

I remain optomistic.

I also realize that optimism is not in your wheelhouse.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Seems like a lot of the sports world thought the opening of the gates for free in the 4th quarter yesterday was pretty damn cool. I'm not sure if anyone has done that in recent history, but I can see it starting to happen more often, especially for schools trying to rebuild their programs.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:19 pm

Pretty please.
Thanks in advance!
I see a competant coach.
I see better effort.
I see fewer mistakes.

Well here we go. The SUNSHINE BOYZZ. All good with 1-6. All good with 1-11. You may have seen something in the OU game but tell us what other game you saw anything close to winning football.

Gutter 100% right. You have no good reason to look forward to the next years football or any year after that. What you do have is basketball season about to start and then you can quit watching KU football