Re: Officiating

Post by Soklous »

More cushion for the pushin.

I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

pdub wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:27 am
sdoyel wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:29 pm How do the refs not look at the over and back play? No monitor review???
This can't be reviewed.
I don't see a good reason, if the play is stopped due to this call, not to review.
It's not subjective like a foul call.
Yup. If they call it out of bounds off them then they can review....but since they called it over and back they can't review. Bad awareness by the refs by not using the rules to their advantage to make sure they made the right call.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:43 pm
sdoyel wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:29 pm How do the refs not look at the over and back play? No monitor review???
This can't be reviewed.
I don't see a good reason, if the play is stopped due to this call, not to review.
Yup. If they call it out of bounds off them then they can review....but since they called it over and back they can't review. Bad awareness by the refs by not using the rules to their advantage to make sure they made the right call.
Quit blaming the refs...or something.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kansas is good enough to win most badly officiated games. But too many times you see a disparity in calls in big games. The margins are thin with good teams, and an “extra” 10-14 FTs like ASU had allowed them to be more aggressive and changed the game. Like defensive holding calls in the NFL.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:43 pm
This can't be reviewed.
I may be wrong, but it wouldn't really be to their advantage to let it go out of bounds. If they did that, the review would still be to see who last touched it. They can't review out of bounds and rule over and back just like they can't review out of bounds to call a foul they missed.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:54 am Kansas is good enough to win most badly officiated games. But too many times you see a disparity in calls in big games. The margins are thin with good teams, and an “extra” 10-14 FTs like ASU had allowed them to be more aggressive and changed the game. Like defensive holding calls in the NFL.
Free throw disparity is a meaningless number. I have no problem with us getting more fouls called against us. I had a problem with Dedric getting mauled away from the ball every possession the last quarter of the game and getting called for touch fouls on the other end. That's what Self was complaining about too
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Mjl wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:36 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:54 am Kansas is good enough to win most badly officiated games. But too many times you see a disparity in calls in big games. The margins are thin with good teams, and an “extra” 10-14 FTs like ASU had allowed them to be more aggressive and changed the game. Like defensive holding calls in the NFL.
Free throw disparity is a meaningless number. I have no problem with us getting more fouls called against us. I had a problem with Dedric getting mauled away from the ball every possession the last quarter of the game and getting called for touch fouls on the other end. That's what Self was complaining about too
It was almost as bad at the UWV game last year where Bolden was literally hugging guys to prevent the inbound pass. Can't say the refs didn't see it either, because they actually walked up to him and "warned" him it was a foul instead of just calling it. Never seen Bilas get on officials as hard as he did that game.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mjl wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:36 pm
Free throw disparity matters when you are being mauled. This wasn’t simply KU not being aggressive on offense. It was grabs and pushes that were called on one end and not the other. The FTs should have been even at least last week. I felt that there should have been several and ones on the shots KU made inside. When a team supposedly misses bunnies and shoots poorly it is often the case they are being held and shoved. ASU played as they were allowed. Really helped too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A couple times a season you gotta go, how are these guys employed?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Two phantom fouls on McCullar.
Two phantom fouls on Dick.
Two phantom fouls on KJ.
Dick completely bowled over, nothing.
Wilson late steal attempt shoulda been no call.

I’m forgetting some other trash.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Seems like the game was refereed like shit all the way around.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Rushed the court. Really blew it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The officials were quick to the whistle on a lot of Wilson to the basket too.

Let them play.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The issue to me was the out of control Johnson calls. They would get down on the clock and then he would lower the shoulder. But again, if you can't restrain the crowd it should be a technical. They halted play.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Meh, we lost. Sucks. Some weird calls, but ..... crap.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The calls were crap but KU hits freethrows and sits down its coach and we win by 10.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

There were several calls that were insane.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Felt like a great in conference game to me
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Overlander wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:35 pm Felt like a great in conference game to me
Rush the court and upend the monitors. Check.