Lance Leipold is a God Damn Gangster.

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Lance Leipold is a God Damn Gangster.

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Oh I agree on having a better walk-on program. Seems we are behind other Big 12 schools on that.

But I do wonder if the way you beat out the Fort Hays and Butler County CC's for a walk-on is just by winning some damn games.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:23 am Oh I agree on having a better walk-on program. Seems we are behind other Big 12 schools on that.

But I do wonder if the way you beat out the Fort Hays and Butler County CC's for a walk-on is just by winning some damn games.
...or, you know, by your walkons becoming famous (and modestly enriched) by, essentially, playing on national TV.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The thing that sticks out about Casey on the field was how tough he was. He was pummeled and probably targeted with the helmet and held on. I don't think our starters hold onto that ball. He reminds me of a Mangino player--tough. I remember true-Freshman Desmond Briscoe's first TD catch received a similar pummeling.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:23 am Oh I agree on having a better walk-on program. Seems we are behind other Big 12 schools on that.

Simplified. Winning cures everything. Eventually you would like the program to be at the level were you have to turn kids away because there isn't room.

I also like how mentally tough Casey is. He was the player who was called for an illegal procedure on the punt that had to re-kicked and then was blocked. Stayed in the game and made the play when it was his time.
Holidaysmore - 2005