COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by TDub »

youre cheering on death again

and you are attacking 99 and calling him racist...one of the most mellow and level headed posters on the board.

par for the course for you I suppose.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:40 pm youre cheering on death again

and you are attacking 99 and calling him racist...one of the most mellow and level headed posters on the board.

par for the course for you I suppose.
We've been over this. No more fucks given to non-vaccinated people.

99's comments speak for themselves
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cascadia is a level 5 troll outta 10.
Illy is like a 6 or 7.
So it's pretty close.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

lol, sure.

Just got back from my 3rd microchip. Feeling great!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

WWJD? WSGD?
Long story as short as possible.
My mother and I have to drive up north to go to my cousin's house for turkey dinner.
One of my best buds lives up north near where my cousin lives and his sister does too.
His mother is getting picked up in the city by his sister but she asked my mother if we could give her a ride back to the city tonight. My mother said of course we can/will.
Ok, here is the dilemma. My mother wasn't thinking straight.
My buddy and his sister (who happens to be an RN) aren't "anti-vaxxers" per se but neither of them are vaccinated. My guess is their kids aren't either.
Maybe this is being completely over-paranoid but I'm not thrilled my buddy's mother will be riding in a car with us for an hour or more.
She's a VERY strong (opinionated) Israeli who at times basically bullies my mother. Heck, she's a Trumper too. I KNOW if/when my mother would tell her my feelings, she'll go off on my mother.
So..... Do I just let it go and suck it up?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

lulz, this guy is taking clown town to a whole new level

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/327 ... nformation
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Got my booster coming on Monday. Gobble gobble!
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:48 pm Fucking great......

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59418127
It’s never going to end. And that’s by design.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:33 pm

You're an idiot, we get it.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:04 pm

There's some truth to it. The people who refuse to get vaccinated ensure that this can happen. It's not a coincidence that this strain came from a country where 75% are not vaccinated.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:38 pm

There's some truth to it. The people who refuse to get vaccinated ensure that this can happen. It's not a coincidence that this strain came from a country where 75% are not vaccinated.
I’m not saying COVID isn’t real. I’m saying that governments have seen and experienced what it is like to have control over the day-to-day lives of people, and they’re not going to let it go. Don’t believe me? Remember the “temporary” airport security measures after 9/11? Twenty years later, we’re still being searched in the airports. There will always be a “new” strain and a new reason to be afraid and limit our lives. It’s by design.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Governments aren't changing virus sequences.

Susceptible hosts are, albeit unintentionally.

One more reason we should spend energy encouraging everyone to be vaccinated instead of defending the decision not to under the guise of personal freedom.

Want to take away that opportunity for governments to overstep their bounds...get vaccinated.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:54 pm Governments aren't changing virus sequences.

One more reason we should spend energy encouraging everyone to be vaccinated instead of defending the decision not to under the guise of personal freedom.

Want to take away that opportunity for governments to overstep their bounds...get vaccinated.
I am. Booster scheduled for next week.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

nice to see the tin-foil hats are in full effect
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:03 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:54 pm Governments aren't changing virus sequences.

I am. Booster scheduled for next week.
Let’s go Brandon… dipshit.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:44 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:38 pm

I’m not saying COVID isn’t real. I’m saying that governments have seen and experienced what it is like to have control over the day-to-day lives of people, and they’re not going to let it go. Don’t believe me? Remember the “temporary” airport security measures after 9/11? Twenty years later, we’re still being searched in the airports. There will always be a “new” strain and a new reason to be afraid and limit our lives. It’s by design.
And? Society changes. Methods used by terrorists change. Public health concerns change. Things change. If taking 15 minutes going through a metal detector at the airport makes it less likely that my plane gets hijacked or blown up, that is a minor inconvenience I am more than happy to experience.

The government doesn't have control over day to day life. The government has no say in anything I do in my day to day life today. My day today is:

1) Get up and decide whether to go in to work or work from home. My choice.
2) Let the kids sleep in or get them up on some sort of schedule. My choice.
3) Work through lunch and then take a break to watch the KU game or try to work while watching it. My choice.
4) Run some errands or push them off due to it being Black Friday. My choice.

What is it specifically that you think the government has control of in your day to day life? Or is it just another made up boogeyman to support your "gummit gunna get ya" shtick?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

No, it feels like it is never going to end because too many morons will not get vaccinated and nip this thing in the butt. We have been told all along that allowing COVID to run through us is going to present opportunities for mutations to develop. It's a conspiracy; it's fundamental science and as usual, the morons are simply proving it to be accurate.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:24 am WWJD? WSGD?
My mother and I have to drive up north to go to my cousin's house for turkey dinner.
One of my best buds lives up north near where my cousin lives and his sister does too.
His mother is getting picked up in the city by his sister but she asked my mother if we could give her a ride back to the city tonight. My mother said of course we can/will.
My buddy and his sister (who happens to be an RN) aren't "anti-vaxxers" per se but neither of them are vaccinated. My guess is their kids aren't either.
Maybe this is being completely over-paranoid but I'm not thrilled my buddy's mother will be riding in a car with us for an hour or more.
She's a VERY strong (opinionated) Israeli who at times basically bullies my mother. Heck, she's a Trumper too. I KNOW if/when my mother would tell her my feelings, she'll go off on my mother.
You just wear a mask and ask your Mom to wear a mask for the entire duration of the car ride. That is less of a hassle than enduring the argument and strain it puts on the relationship with your friend. If they take that as rude then they aren't very good friends and you won't miss their friendship.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:20 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:24 am WWJD? WSGD?
You just wear a mask and ask your Mom to wear a mask for the entire duration of the car ride. That is less of a hassle than enduring the argument and strain it puts on the relationship with your friend. If they take that as rude then they aren't very good friends and you won't miss their friendship.
Fantastic suggestion and...... the good news (for me) is/was......
She took an Uber back to the city because our dinner was so late - and we didn't leave until after 10:00pm.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.