Black Friday Game Thread: KU vs Dayton

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Re: Black Friday Game Thread: KU vs Dayton

Post by PhDhawk »

He's ONLY feast or famine.

Dude never has an average game. He's either terrible or is really good. We win by 12 if he has an average game.

I can only imagine he just destroys mitch and clemence and Adam's all practice every practice. There's no other explanation for not sitting him when he's in dogshit mode.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bad Dave makes us loose games imo.
We need average Dave to win em.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Remember sophomore Dave when he was good enough to earn some starts - as the second big, even?!
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:12 pm How many back to backs ha Dayton played?

They looked pretty fresh.
12 freshman. They stay fresh.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll eat crow, weirdly since most if you want Dave to fail for some odd vendetta ( tho it's in our interest if he crushes it ) if he doesnt round back to his junior numbers come conference.

It was the same thing with a lot of you and Dok, as if bigs arent skillful.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I dunno how Dave is fundamentally so bad.

He needs to stick to screens and box outs. And D - body up and protect the rim.

And we need to retool the offense to that he mostly just get touches on easy lobs or dunks, cuz it seems not much good comes from throwing it to him in the post.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:18 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:12 pm How many back to backs ha Dayton played?

I'd think guys with 2-3 years around college trainers and weight rooms would be better conditioned than guys who are 6 months removed from prom.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:19 pm I dunno how Dave is fundamentally so bad.

He needs to stick to screens and box outs. And D - body up and protect the rim.

And we need to retool the offense to that he mostly just get touches on easy lobs or dunks, cuz it seems not much good comes from throwing it to him in the post.
Something closer to Landen Lucas role.

pflynnku

Post by pflynnku »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:35 pm Wasnt an offensive foul though.
Was definitely an offensive foul, but he would have missed it anyway,
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:18 pm I'll eat crow, weirdly since most if you want Dave to fail for some odd vendetta ( tho it's in our interest if he crushes it ) if he doesnt round back to his junior numbers come conference.

But...so...you're now saying it's a win for you if, by January of his senior season, he's as good as he was as a junior?

That's not encouraging!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He needs to just go up with the ball immediately.
He can do it.
He did it for much of the B12 last year.

I'll say this though, the feeds and lob passes have been subpar so far.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It was their Super Bowl.

Like for real, the biggest game they have scheduled all year, by a huge margin too!

The only other ranked team on their schedule is…no. 16 St. boneradventure?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I thought Dave came into this season looking in noticeably better shape and I dug the new haircut as some sort of new mentality.

Just goes to show that it is all upstairs for him. He currently has the physical tools to play at an All-American level. There's still enough time to improve on last season, but the scoring numbers might be a decrease with how much we need Och and Remy to score.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:21 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:18 pm I'll eat crow, weirdly since most if you want Dave to fail for some odd vendetta ( tho it's in our interest if he crushes it ) if he doesnt round back to his junior numbers come conference.

But...so...you're now saying it's a win for you if, by January of his senior season, he's as good as he was as a junior?

That's not encouraging!
It absolutely is.
We have 20 ppg Chai, a better Braun and Jalen and hopefully a stud in Remy.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:22 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:21 pm

That's not encouraging!
It absolutely is.
We have 20 ppg Chai, a better Braun and Jalen and hopefully a stud in Remy.
Ok, so it's just Dave who doesn't have to get better year over year, in order to not be a disappointment.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:20 pm

I'd think guys with 2-3 years around college trainers and weight rooms would be better conditioned than guys who are 6 months removed from prom.
Ya. Me too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:21 pm I thought Dave came into this season looking in noticeably better shape and I dug the new haircut as some sort of new mentality.

Just goes to show that it is all upstairs for him. He currently has the physical tools to play at an All-American level. There's still enough time to improve on last season, but the scoring numbers might be a decrease with how much we need Och and Remy to score.
I don’t wanna just say out loud that Dave looks clunky and cumbersome, but sometimes I wonder what he’d look like if his playing weight was like 15 pounds lighter.

Maybe he could just fucking dunk the shit out of an open look under the rim to go up 1 late, rather than brick a bunny that ends up a dunk at the wrong end to go down 3
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I dont think our offense will flow through him but he needs to be there to establish the space and threat. Designed plays for sure but also screens for Chai and Remy.

Dave also, though he, like everyone, missed some plays on D, is our best post defender and does alter shots at the rim.

So yes, if Dave repeats his numbers, but Ochai becomes the AA I thought he would, and sophomore Wilson improves and Remy contributes, yes, win win.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:26 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:21 pm I thought Dave came into this season looking in noticeably better shape and I dug the new haircut as some sort of new mentality.

I don’t wanna just say out loud that Dave looks clunky and cumbersome, but sometimes I wonder what he’d look like if his playing weight was like 15 pounds lighter.

Maybe he could just fucking dunk the shit out of an open look under the rim to go up 1 late, rather than brick a bunny that ends up a dunk at the wrong end to go down 3
I think he’s plenty athletic. But he reminds me so much of pre-senior Landen Lucas, in that for a big and strong guy, he seems to get beat for spots and for the ball quite a lot.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

14, 7 from Dave is gold and what we want.

I think we can get that.
Bc Ochai will be 16.5 plus.