Official Game thread: KU vs Eastern Michigan

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Official Game thread: KU vs Eastern Michigan

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:38 am Put me in CnB’s camp here.

Of course the regular season matters, it’s what gets you to the post season.

But this year, the regular season is a foregone conclusion. I’ve been saying more months that this years team is a juggernaut.

I won’t say title or bust, but this is a final four or bust year.

Sorry, there is just way too much damn talent to settle for less than that.

Don’t like those standards/expectations? The taters will take you in and you can celebrate a S16 appearance
And for this team to convert "national title potential" into an actual natiomal title, they have a lot of improvements that need to be made. And for me, watching all of the regular season games looking for signs of those improvements is enjoyable and meaningful to me.

I think if the tourney started today we'd be in deep trouble.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:29 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:21 pm So glad noncon is over. And I'll be glad when conference is over.

I predicted that this year's regular season would be pretty boring and so far it has been.

Agreed. There are probably 3-4 exciting games left. @UK, @TT, @ISU and maybe @OU
I have a feeling that there will be a lot more exciting games left than those.

Man, you guys are spoiled. We're trying to extend an NCAA record conference winning streak that is one of the most impressive achievements in modern ncaa hoops and you're only excited about 3 of our 18 Big 12 games?!? I get excited by every game in Big 12 play plus a bunch of games we aren't even playing in.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:29 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:21 pm So glad noncon is over. And I'll be glad when conference is over.

I predicted that this year's regular season would be pretty boring and so far it has been.

Agreed. There are probably 3-4 exciting games left. @UK, @TT, @ISU and maybe @OU

Every game we play is their Super Bowl...we are going to get everyone's best in Waco, Manhatten, Ft Worth, Stoolwater, etc...there is more excitement in this season.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster