Kansas Football 2021 Season

Kansas Football.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Kansas Football 2021 Season

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:09 pm
Overlander wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:07 pm What question?
You're not a moron. Why are you behaving like one?
What fucking question are you even babbling about?

Hey, remember this deep analysis a few posts later in response to my claim of optimism:
“ I see a coach who's team is 1-6 horse shit.
You and I both saw better effort yesterday. Like I said, that's ONE game. Did you see better effort against Baylor after the CC loss and better effort against ISU after the Duke loss?
You see fewer mistakes - What mistakes did you see that aren't happening anymore?
I see a reason to believe Kansas Football is going to be lousy for the next few years. KU is going to lose some of our best players and who has Leipold signed that I'm supposed to be excited about? I was under the impression the 2022 recruiting class blows. No?
You're dead wrong for calling me a "non-jayhawk fan" but you're right if you accuse me of seeing horse shit and not thinking it's Chateaubriand.”

Also, if this is too much for your tender under parts, I have a few suggestions for your next screen ID
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The second halfs of games were such a kick in the groin. Having no depth and an exposed game plan. Ouch. That said, everyone played together much better and this team turned a corner. Better officiating against OU and a couple of breaks, this team could have won five games.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

As a fan, I am encouraged
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sparko wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:15 pm The second halfs of games were such a kick in the groin. Having no depth and an exposed game plan. Ouch. That said, everyone played together much better and this team turned a corner. Better officiating against OU and a couple of breaks, this team could have won five games.
I mean, exposed game plan is a stretch. Lack of depth, specifically on the defensive side of the ball hurt. Don’t forget, to start the year, RB was a strength of this team. Then Hishaw was hurt before year started, Pisek-Hickson was out for a few games, Gardner transferred out. With a healthy and full RB group, they would have been able to run the ball more effectively.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The lack of depth and really talent on the defensive side is what really killed this team in the second half of the season. When it mattered most (other than the OU game) they couldn't get stops to get off the field.
Offensively, with Daniels as the full time starter I believe they can compete at a Big 12 level. Still need more explosive athletes at the WR position. Replacing the dependability of Lassiter will be tough. Really like Grimm. Wilson, I need to see consistency and Arnold, could be the guy who has a break out year.

Overall you can see the improvements. Turnovers were down. Penalties were down. Sacks were down. Those are small (or big) steps that you need in order to rebuild a very broken program.

Give me Lance and this staff will a full offseason to prepare and 'croot and I like our chances to win 3 or 4 games next year.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It will be interesting to see what they do with a winter program and spring practices.

But I will say this and I said it a while ago, this coaching carousel is crazy. Leipold would not have come here if Goff made Jones the interim coach for a year. He would be at VaTech, Duke, Texas Tech or even one of the Washington schools before coming to Kansas IMO.

It's a good thing Goff went and got him.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Yeah, Goff nailed it with who was available that we actually had a chance at getting
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That x1000. Now more than ever when you find your 'guy' you hire him. Immediately. I am so glad we aren't a part of the coaching carousel on going and soon to be.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

After the world we have experienced post-Mangino, it is nice to see other schools so enamored with hasty changes.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Laughing at everyone and just thinking Rookies. Learn how to flight track, suckas.