Kansas Football.
Deleted User 62

Re: Mahomie

Post by Deleted User 62 »

So....Brady it is?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

1st Round QB's are hot right now. We're going to see teams really reach over the next 5-10 years.

Just in the last handful of years:

Josh Darnold
Lamar Jackson
Baker Mayfield
DeShawn Watson
Patrick Mahomes
Carson Wentz
Mitchell Trubisky
Jared Goff
Josh Rosen
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:23 pm 1st Round QB's are hot right now. We're going to see teams really reach over the next 5-10 years.

Just in the last handful of years:

Josh Darnold
Lamar Jackson
Baker Mayfield
DeShawn Watson
Patrick Mahomes
Carson Wentz
Mitchell Trubisky
Jared Goff
Josh Rosen
* But here is who the Broncos (I think you all know I'm a Broncos fan) selected in the 1st round in the last 5-10 years:
Paxton Lynch
Tim Tebow

Also 1st round picks:
Blaine Gabbert
Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel

In other related news, Pat wrapped a bow around that MVP award today...
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

First team in NFL history to score more than 25 in every game.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm not getting my hopes up for this team. Not with this defense. Likely we're one and done this year.

Again.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Likely? Nah.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:35 am I'm not getting my hopes up for this team. Not with this defense. Likely we're one and done this year.

Again.
Look at the Falcons from 2 years ago. Their defense was awful as well. Offense was good, carried them to Super Bowl. This KC offense is better than Atlanta's offense, while the defense might be a tad worse. But at home, they are giving up less than 18 ppg while scoring 32 ppg.

That'll do, pig. That'll do.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Chiefs won the AFC's #1 seed by the narrowest of margins. I think that's about right - I think that, all things considered, they're the best team in the AFC by the narrowest of margins. I'd say they're better than 25% but worse than 50% to make the Super Bowl.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i just hope they curb-stomp the pats if they face them in the playoffs
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Against the Chargers and Seahawks you saw the Chiefs defense at their worst. Against the Raiders you saw them at their best. If they can some how scrape together something that is in between that this team has enough, I believe to go to the SB.

Overall limit the penalties, make teams kick FGs, force turnovers and get off the field on 3rd downs!
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:12 am Against the Chargers and Seahawks you saw the Chiefs defense at their worst. Against the Raiders you saw them at their best. If they can some how scrape together something that is in between that this team has enough, I believe to go to the SB.

Overall limit the penalties, make teams kick FGs, force turnovers and get off the field on 3rd downs!
I agree, but: that's not exactly innovative thinking, and the Chiefs have been entirely unable to do this on a consistent basis this year.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I get my hopes up every year. Then we get Len Elliot.

Not doing it this year.

Hope I'm wrong.
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The reality of the Chiefs chances lie somewhere between the respective confidence levels of Newtonhawk and 99.

Together, those two are the microcosm of the Chiefs fan base.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:52 am
holidaysmore wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:12 am Against the Chargers and Seahawks you saw the Chiefs defense at their worst. Against the Raiders you saw them at their best. If they can some how scrape together something that is in between that this team has enough, I believe to go to the SB.

I agree, but: that's not exactly innovative thinking, and the Chiefs have been entirely unable to do this on a consistent basis this year.
Consistency has been a huge issue but the passing ratings of opposing QBs has been respectable. Ward looked better and Lucas is an upgrade over Parker. Maybe Dirty Dan turned the corner against the Raiders. He limited Cook, who has traditionally killed the Chiefs. The biggest issue I still see is the Chiefs front and backers give up way to many gashing holes against the run. That is my biggest worry.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:09 am The reality of the Chiefs chances lie somewhere between the respective confidence levels of Newtonhawk and 99.

Together, those two are the microcosm of the Chiefs fan base.
Oh, I don't think I'm supremely confident because anything can happen in January.

But the Chiefs have a QB now. And they can do a lot with that in today's NFL.

The ball that Mahomes threw the Robinson was supposed to be a stop route. Robinson beat his guy, put his hand up while he kept running and Mahomes saw that and let it fly. That doesn't happen with Smith at QB. That's something that you can't prepare for as a defense.

Plus, I think the Chiefs woke up yesterday. The last few weeks were methodical and kind of a lull.. But the defense was full of energy and made plays. They held the Raiders to 3 points without their best defensive player (Chris Jones) getting any sort of stat. The only thing he did was cause a holding penalty on a long Raiders pass.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We played the raiders yesterday. They were done before they got off the bus.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:54 am We played the raiders yesterday. They were done before they got off the bus.
Not with Gruden coaching them and hating the Chiefs. And not with the way they had played in December beating the Steelers, smacking the Broncos and giving the Chiefs a run in Oakland. They finished the year strong and Gruden had them playing and this was their Super Bowl.

kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Does anyone know whether the records for most TDs and yards gained include the postseason, or if they’re only for the regular season?
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Regular season only

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mahomes picks up 45 of 50 first-team votes for the AP All Pro team. Should be a good sign for MVP.