jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2021 NCAA Football (Non KU)

Post by jfish26 »

Not sure how Okie State punts there.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Baylor is going to be very interesting to watch if Michigan loses tonight.

If Michigan wins,
1. Bama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincy

If Michigan loses,
1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Cincy
4. Notre Dame or Baylor..?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Chances Cincinnati gets hosed?
Defense. Rebounds.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:50 pm Baylor is going to be very interesting to watch if Michigan loses tonight.

If Michigan wins,
1. Bama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincy

If Michigan loses,
1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. Cincy
4. Notre Dame or Baylor..?
That loss to TCU really hurt Baylor...I wouldn't think there is anyway they'd get in over ND.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:54 pm Chances Cincinnati gets hosed?
Zero.
Bama v Cincy.
Georgia v Michigan.

With a personal plate of who gives a fuck unless Cincy scores the upset.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So the real question. Is Michigan 1 or is Bama?

It would be fascinating to see a Michigan/Georgia semi
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Venables likely OU next HC. Deal should be done today.

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:17 pm
Zero.
Bama v Cincy.
Georgia v Michigan.

Also zero chance it would happen but one could ask if Georgia would/should get hosed. Yes, they lost to #3 Bama so that's not a bad loss at all but what currently ranked top 20 team have they beaten? Then again, if I am not mistaken, ND didn't beat any current top 20 team either - and that's a big part of why they are out.
You know who has more that one win against a current top 20 team and who won their conference championship? That's right! Baylor. I might be a moron but I figure a single Bohanon interception was the difference between them being in the playoff/s - or not.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

OSU was a half an inch away from the pylon on a fourth down play at the end of the championship game. OSU would definitely have been more deserving than Georgia, based on the Kansas in 2007 math they hosed us with.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:17 am
Zero.
Bama v Cincy.
Georgia v Michigan.

Also zero chance it would happen but one could ask if Georgia would/should get hosed. Yes, they lost to #3 Bama so that's not a bad loss at all but what currently ranked top 20 team have they beaten? Then again, if I am not mistaken, ND didn't beat any current top 20 team either - and that's a big part of why they are out.
You know who has more that one win against a current top 20 team and who won their conference championship? That's right! Baylor. I might be a moron but I figure a single Bohanon interception was the difference between them being in the playoff/s - or not.
Clemson is #19 (Arkansas & Kentucky also both ranked in the top 25).

I think the committee got it right; I don't think Cincinnati is a top 4 team, but the outrage of leaving them out would have been intense...Alabama will beat them by 3 TD's, though.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:59 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:17 am

Zero.
Bama v Cincy.
Georgia v Michigan.

Clemson is/was #19 (Arkansas & Kentucky also both ranked in the top 25).

I think the committee got it right; I don't think Cincinnati is a top 4 team, but the outrage of leaving them out would have been intense...Alabama will beat them by 3 TD's, though.
I stand corrected! Clemson is/was indeed #19 in the CFP rankings. I was looking at the Coaches poll and I don't really know why. Also, I believe there are multiple teams they played that were top 20 when they played them.
I also think the committee got it right. They lucked out yesterday.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Man, how nice is the PAC12 setup for Lincoln Riley and USC if Cristobal is really headed to Miami?

Sounds like OU is hiring the only guy who makes sense...but didn't they run Venables out of town?
thebones

Post by thebones »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:55 pm Man, how nice is the PAC12 setup for Lincoln Riley and USC if Cristobal is really headed to Miami?

Sounds like OU is hiring the only guy who makes sense...but didn't they run Venables out of town?
I went to high school with Brent Venables in Salina. I was a year older than him.

Freshman year, we had "relations" with the same junior high girl.

One night, me and my skinny skateboard crew end up at a field keg party populated by football jocks and Venables.

He sees me, walks up and accuses me of "talking shit". He then tackles me (he was a linebacker) to the ground and we roll around for awhile.

I wasn't injured too bad, and we left.

Years later, I'm home for Thanksgiving in Salina at the Paramount bar. Brent's there. He comes over and says "you've filled out" and apologizes for the field fight.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Did you just out yourself as a statutory Rapist?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Not if he was a freshman, at least I don't think so
Defense. Rebounds.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

thebones wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:28 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:55 pm Man, how nice is the PAC12 setup for Lincoln Riley and USC if Cristobal is really headed to Miami?

I went to high school with Brent Venables in Salina. I was a year older than him.

Freshman year, we had "relations" with the same junior high girl.

One night, me and my skinny skateboard crew end up at a field keg party populated by football jocks and Venables.

He sees me, walks up and accuses me of "talking shit". He then tackles me (he was a linebacker) to the ground and we roll around for awhile.

I wasn't injured too bad, and we left.

Years later, I'm home for Thanksgiving in Salina at the Paramount bar. Brent's there. He comes over and says "you've filled out" and apologizes for the field fight.
That is a great story.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I’ve heard that, like most coaches, Brent is completely normal and actually a good guy when he’s not coaching or doing anything like that. But on the football field and when he’s coaching, he’s a maniac.

hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

So Miami wacks Diaz and hires Cristobal for 8 million a season and paying his 9 million buyout?!?!?

The Duck's looking for a new coach. Thinking maybe Kelly as in Chip returns home?