Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2021

Post by Sparko »

Dirty Dan. Game
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Swirling wind has played hell with the passes and kicks.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Why even go for 2 there?

Cuz you’re the idiot donkos lol
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Suck it donkeys
Defense. Rebounds.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:58 pm Why even go for 2 there?

Cuz you’re the idiot donkos lol
Another TD + 2 + FG would tie the game.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Horse grunt call
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I felt like the Chiefs played a pretty complete game. There wasn't a need to take risks the way Denver played to waste time. Disappointed with the drops, but the wind and the effective running game really proved that Reid should have simply called more run plays
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The donkeys ran all over us and should have won. They're stupid and didn't. Too bad for them.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:49 pm The donkeys ran all over us and should have won. They're stupid and didn't. Too bad for them.
They did, however, the closer they got to the goal posts……
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:49 pm The donkeys ran all over us and should have won. They're stupid and didn't. Too bad for them.
They had a lot of trash time yards. Stuffed the run when needed including short yardage situations. Never felt like they were in the game.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Someone pinch me, slap me or wake me up. On a team that has two offensive players that are almost locks for the HOF (87 and 15) and one who is right on the fringe (10) but yet some how the best bet for the Chiefs to win is to play Martyball??? Some where Kimble Anders, Greg Hill and Donnell Bennett are smiling. Hell, I hope Marty and Gun are smiling because last night was prime mid 90s Chiefs football. Broncos, went on a 20+ play drive that went for 14+ minutes and didn't score. That is insane.

I mean, I guess this works, as long as it continues to work.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

That's funny.

"Greg Hill is the real deal."
"Chunks of yards."
Defense. Rebounds.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

hartjack8 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:44 pm Wow you guys crazy. Chiefs written off so easy. Chill. Granted turnovers an issue with already more than all of last year but do not think that will continue at this rate. OL which was a complete redo with basically five new starters needs to improve and should over time. The number one issue is defense playing a ton of two deep which is why you see Hill's numbers. This is a Reid/Bienemy issue where you take what the defense gives you and you run which just isn't Reid's mo. Even with all that the O is not bad.

The D on the other hand will never carry the team but can manage to not cost any games. This D is built on the D line production which leaves the other seven. D line has not so far produced at the rate of the last few years but they not far off.

So the Chiefs are 3-4 and the leaders in the AFC are 5-2. The 5-2 teams all happen to be teams we lost to. Tampa Bay last year was 7-5 and then they did not lose again. Really we just need to get in the playoffs and I think we will.

Oh and we kinda need Hill because without him those safeties start creeping in. LOL
Boom tied for first place in the AFC with the Bills, Pats, Titians and Ravens. I went back and found this because of how wrong I was. The defense has been the reason for the the five game winning streak. We could win out and for sure have home field in the playoffs. Winner of tonight's Bills-Pats game in the lead but they play again shortly. Big games next two weeks with the Chargers game a for sure must win.

The problem is the offense. Earlier I thought we would wake up and start scoring but that has not happened. The offense we have seen in four of the last five games isn't going to get us far.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

hartjack8 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:06 am
hartjack8 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:44 pm Wow you guys crazy. Chiefs written off so easy. Chill. Granted turnovers an issue with already more than all of last year but do not think that will continue at this rate. OL which was a complete redo with basically five new starters needs to improve and should over time. The number one issue is defense playing a ton of two deep which is why you see Hill's numbers. This is a Reid/Bienemy issue where you take what the defense gives you and you run which just isn't Reid's mo. Even with all that the O is not bad.

The D on the other hand will never carry the team but can manage to not cost any games. This D is built on the D line production which leaves the other seven. D line has not so far produced at the rate of the last few years but they not far off.

So the Chiefs are 3-4 and the leaders in the AFC are 5-2. The 5-2 teams all happen to be teams we lost to. Tampa Bay last year was 7-5 and then they did not lose again. Really we just need to get in the playoffs and I think we will.

Oh and we kinda need Hill because without him those safeties start creeping in. LOL
Boom tied for first place in the AFC with the Bills, Pats, Titians and Ravens. I went back and found this because of how wrong I was. The defense has been the reason for the the five game winning streak. We could win out and for sure have home field in the playoffs. Winner of tonight's Bills-Pats game in the lead but they play again shortly. Big games next two weeks with the Chargers game a for sure must win.

The problem is the offense. Earlier I thought we would wake up and start scoring but that has not happened. The offense we have seen in four of the last five games isn't going to get us far.
I'm not sure how much to make of the offense's problems when something obviously fluky is a hugely significant factor.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Definitely some flukiness to what is going on offensively, but at some point it does become the norm, right? Feels like they’re running at about 65% efficiency right now and 80% would make them the clear favorites to win the Super Bowl.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:15 am Definitely some flukiness to what is going on offensively, but at some point it does become the norm, right? Feels like they’re running at about 65% efficiency right now and 80% would make them the clear favorites to win the Super Bowl.
I agree with you, but I think we're probably at/better than 80% if two of the, I don't know, certainly ten best passcatchers in the league stop, you know, dropping passes.

Six - six! - of our drives this season have ended with interceptions that hit our guys' hands. That's bonkers.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Drops have been a huge problem all year long. Started with Kemp against the Chargers and has been a problem ever since. If Pringle, Hill and Kelce don't have drops last night this game would have looked entirely different.

Not only have they been drops but they have been coming from your best players, who before never had an issue with drops before and yes, are causing turnovers.

Could 15 be more accurate, sure, in a perfect world every throw would be accurate but in the NFL that isn't the case. As long as it is in a guys hands you gotta catch the ball.

Offense has to shake out of this funk because the way they are winning is not sustainable.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:17 am
Cascadia wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:15 am Definitely some flukiness to what is going on offensively, but at some point it does become the norm, right? Feels like they’re running at about 65% efficiency right now and 80% would make them the clear favorites to win the Super Bowl.
I agree with you, but I think we're probably at/better than 80% if two of the, I don't know, certainly ten best passcatchers in the league stop, you know, dropping passes.

Six - six! - of our drives this season have ended with interceptions that hit our guys' hands. That's bonkers.
Yeah, those 6 interceptions and other drops are definitely anomalies. You have to think at some point they normalize
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

If we have learned anything from the defense this year it is to relax and let it play out. In a weekly single game elimination format I wouldn't want any three other guys than Hill, Kelce and Mahomes.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:31 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:17 am

Yeah, those 6 interceptions and other drops are definitely anomalies. You have to think at some point they normalize
You'd think so.

And I think all the drops are sort of compounding the issues posed by the Cover 2 - the backbreaking 60-yard scores just aren't there for us. So, losing so many goddamned first downs (and, eventually, scoring opportunities) to drops is especially bad.