Kenosha

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Kenosha

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:07 pm I think he should be in jail... But what he's doing now is the right thing to do, and not the easiest and not in his best interest, so kudos are deserved.

Basically had these options:
1. Act like the hero the right was making him out to be.
2. Disappear, don't take any media appearances. Right wing would prop him up as a hero, and project onto him anything they want.
3. Go on right wing media and tell people he's not a hero and regrets what he did.

1 and 2 could very likely lead to a very dangerous atmosphere, as if it's not enough already. Good for him for choosing 3.

Actually might even be better than if did get convicted - he'd become a martyr.
jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:22 am I am at least somewhat glad that, at least for the time being, Rittenhouse does not appear to want to take the easy road and become a MAGA mascot.

About that.

https://twitter.com/nydailynews/status/ ... 19845?s=21
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:55 pm
Mjl wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:07 pm I think he should be in jail... But what he's doing now is the right thing to do, and not the easiest and not in his best interest, so kudos are deserved.

Basically had these options:
1. Act like the hero the right was making him out to be.
2. Disappear, don't take any media appearances. Right wing would prop him up as a hero, and project onto him anything they want.
3. Go on right wing media and tell people he's not a hero and regrets what he did.

1 and 2 could very likely lead to a very dangerous atmosphere, as if it's not enough already. Good for him for choosing 3.

Actually might even be better than if did get convicted - he'd become a martyr.
jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:22 am I am at least somewhat glad that, at least for the time being, Rittenhouse does not appear to want to take the easy road and become a MAGA mascot.

About that.

https://twitter.com/nydailynews/status/ ... 19845?s=21
That would be disappointing.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

But, fully expected
Even if he wants no part of this, he is in deep

I assume he will speak at the RNC right after the gun wielding St Louis couple?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I believed him when he made those comments a few weeks ago....but he's probably being offered life changing amounts of money. And for a guy who probably needs to milk this for some dollars and then disappear forever to some secluded house in the woods, i am sure the money is hard to pass up.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Let's review. The kid grabbed a "semi automatic" that his friend provided for him, decided to go to a protest/riot and ACT like a super hero medic trying to protect the world (actually a business), shot some people partially because they didn't like and were possibly fearful that a 17 year old with a gun was walking the streets after curfew during a "riot", then he was labeled a hero because he shot them, went to court with a better legal team than the clown prosecutor/s, claimed self defense and convinced a jury of it, and is now making some serious money because of all of that.
Is that about right?

Seems not too many people give a damn about the precedent that this may be setting but hey, God bless America - and the 2nd amendment - and how it's interpreted by a lot of assholes in 2021.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:04 pm Let's review. The kid grabbed a "semi automatic" that his friend provided for him, decided to go to a protest/riot and ACT like a super hero medic trying to protect the world (actually a business), shot some people partially because they didn't like and were possibly fearful that a 17 year old with a gun was walking the streets after curfew during a "riot", then he was labeled a hero because he shot them, went to court with a better legal team than the clown prosecutor/s, claimed self defense and convinced a jury of it, and is now making some serious money because of all of that.
Is that about right?

Seems not too many people give a damn about the precedent that this may be setting but hey, God bless America - and the 2nd amendment - and how it's interpreted by a lot of assholes in 2021.
Thankfully, violating your sense of decency is still not a crime in this country. The kid did not break the law. It was a just verdict, despite the assertions of the Woke Mob.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Not guilty =/= innocent
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Not guilty = Did not break the law.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:42 pm Not guilty = Did not break the law.
Lol
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:28 pm
Lol
JK's a special kind of dumb.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:12 pm
Lol
So, the legal system is null and void if it disagrees with your personal notions of right and wrong? That’s a special kind of arrogance. Congrats!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:15 pm

Lol
So, the legal system is null and void if it disagrees with your personal notions of right and wrong? That’s a special kind of arrogance. Congrats!
No one said that
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Are you referring to Rittenhouse specifically or is that a statement that you feel is 100% true for everybody who has ever been accused of a crime, had "their day" in court, and was found not guilty?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

Just because something is technically legal doesn’t make it right, morally or ethically.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:34 pm
Are you referring to Rittenhouse specifically or is that a statement that you feel is 100% true for everybody who has ever been accused of a crime, had "their day" in court, and was found not guilty?
In a technical sense, it has to be true, or there’s no point in having a legal system and we should just go back to vigilantism as the accepted norm. I understand that people can be found not guilty who are pieces of garbage - O.J. Simpson immediately comes to mind - but I’m reserving judgment on Kyle Rittenhouse. He has a lot of life ahead of him.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I wonder what is the difference between Kyle and OJ?
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Lol
It doesn't take arrogance to find your statement ignorant because it is flat out not true. You can break the law and a prosecutor can fail to successfully prosecute the case against you. It happens all the time.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:30 am I wonder what is the difference between Kyle and OJ?
Um, aside from the fact that O.J. was an adult, was a serial spousal abuser, and brutally murdered two people in cold blood who were no threat to him whatsoever? Nothing, I guess. :roll:
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:55 am

It doesn't take arrogance to find your statement ignorant because it is flat out not true. You can break the law and a prosecutor can fail to successfully prosecute the case against you. It happens all the time.
And yet, legally, that person is not guilty and cannot face the same charges again.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:30 am I wonder what is the difference between Kyle and OJ?
I believe the correct answer is:

Kyle is white