Another mass shooting

Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:42 am Sometimes I wonder how such a callous person can also call himself a Christian
The police were doing their jobs, I am sure, to the best of their abilities. Any fault lies with the person whose behavior caused them to be called out. Nothing remotely callous about that.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Do you know that for a fact?

Have you or anyone else seen an accurate sequence of events? Yeah the dude was alleged to have committed assault, but that’s ultimately for the courts to decide. And was he really being a threat worthy of deadly force with a *checks notes* bike lock?

But once again, I just fail to understand how a supposed Christian can be so indifferent to such senseless brutality.

How would you feel if that little girl in the dressing room was your own kid?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:04 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:40 am Seems two _____________ (lovely gentlemen?, complete assholes?, gang bangers?, you can fill in the blank) had a bit of a dispute and felt the need to fire guns at each other in a crowded mall and hit 3 other people with their gun's bullets.

https://abc7chicago.com/oakbrook-mall-s ... /11380094/
Gangs gonna bang. Any idea of the guns were legally obtained or not?
My uneducated guess is no. They were not legally obtained.
I have no idea about the bullets and what if any other crimes these assclowns had committed in the past.
We have a MAJOR problem in the Chicagoland area right now in regards to people who receive minimum sentences and get slaps on the wrists instead of getting the maximum sentences - which enables them to shoot people - who are not involved in their bullshit.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:56 am Do you know that for a fact?

Have you or anyone else seen an accurate sequence of events? Yeah the dude was alleged to have committed assault, but that’s ultimately for the courts to decide. And was he really being a threat worthy of deadly force with a *checks notes* bike lock?

But once again, I just fail to understand how a supposed Christian can be so indifferent to such senseless brutality.

How would you feel if that little girl in the dressing room was your own kid?
I feel bad for the family of the little girl. I'm sure they are devastated. If it were my child, I would be mad at the individual who necessitated the police action, not the police themselves.

Which is more charitable: believing that people should behave themselves in public and not threaten others' safety or automatically assuming that a law enforcement officer, who puts his or her life on the line for my benefit on a daily basis, wantonly discharged his or her weapon and carelessly in order to kill a child?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:28 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:40 am Seems two _____________ (lovely gentlemen?, complete assholes?, gang bangers?, you can fill in the blank) had a bit of a dispute and felt the need to fire guns at each other in a crowded mall and hit 3 other people with their gun's bullets.

https://abc7chicago.com/oakbrook-mall-s ... /11380094/
I have no idea about the bullets and what if any other crimes these assclowns had committed in the past.
We have a MAJOR problem in the Chicagoland area right now in regards to people who receive minimum sentences and get slaps on the wrists instead of getting the maximum sentences - which enables them to shoot people - who are not involved in their bullshit.
This is my quarrel with the anti-Second Amendment mindset. The guns used to commit crimes are overwhelmingly acquired illegally, yet people advocate taking away the rights of those who do get them legally and overwhelmingly use them responsibly. I just don't think that is the answer to the problem.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

You should look at the statistics for gun deaths.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:31 pm

This is my quarrel with the anti-Second Amendment mindset. The guns used to commit crimes are overwhelmingly acquired illegally, yet people advocate taking away the rights of those who do get them legally and overwhelmingly use them responsibly. I just don't think that is the answer to the problem.
I've said here many times that I'd be strongly supportive of mandatory liability insurance for guns, just like with cars.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:49 pm

I've said here many times that I'd be strongly supportive of mandatory liability insurance for guns, just like with cars.
I'd be on board with that.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:19 am
jhawks99 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:31 am Their job is to shoot little girls?
Are you really that obtuse, or is it an affectation?
Just trying to make my arguments as absurd as yours. How'd I do?
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

It hurts when you touch your head. It hurts when you touch your nose. It hurts when you touch your elbow. It hurts when you touch your knees. You go to the doctor to be seen for a headache, a broken nose and arthritis. Doctor says that you have a broken finger.

You seem to not accept that you have a broken finger.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

zsn wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:59 pm

It hurts when you touch your head. It hurts when you touch your nose. It hurts when you touch your elbow. It hurts when you touch your knees. You go to the doctor to be seen for a headache, a broken nose and arthritis. Doctor says that you have a broken finger.

So, to tie the two analogies together, you’d advocate cutting off my head so I have no chance of feeling any pain at all. No thanks.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:54 pm
zsn wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:59 pm

you’d advocate cutting off my head
Holy fuck you are a drama bitch
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I represent sporting goods stores and three firearm manufacturers. I don't think people understand the strict training that goes into the manufacture and sales of firearms. As Psych noted, the issues are not the legitimate owners of firearms. The issues relate to the underground market; make those people do hard time. That may help, but not cure, the criminal use of firearms.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

"I don't think people understand the strict training that goes into the manufacture and sales of firearms".

Respectfully......
I don't think SOME (many? most?) people understand the LACK of "strict training that goes into the sales of firearms".
As far as the "legitimate owners of firearms", SOME (many?) absolutely are A part of the issue.
I don't know the exact number of INNOCENT people who were killed by "legitimate owners of firearms" but I am extremely confident the number/s are enough to substantiate my claim.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:44 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:42 am Sometimes I wonder how such a callous person can also call himself a Christian
The police were doing their jobs, I am sure, to the best of their abilities. Any fault lies with the person whose behavior caused them to be called out. Nothing remotely callous about that.
When someone tells you who they are, believe them.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I usually defend the police and agree that if someone didn't break a/the law, they most likely wouldn't have suffered the unfortunate outcome.
That being said, obviously she did NOT do her job to the best of her ability. You can NOT say "ANY" fault lies with the person whose behavior caused them to be called out. Some fault lies on the person who pulls the trigger.
As far as this situation, the hard truth is as you alluded to, Wright basically contributed to his own death.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:08 am
I believe in the police. So, I guess that’s who I am.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:40 am
I usually defend the police and agree that if someone didn't break a/the law, they most likely wouldn't have suffered the unfortunate outcome.
That being said, obviously she did NOT do her job to the best of her ability. You can NOT say "ANY" fault lies with the person whose behavior caused them to be called out. Some fault lies on the person who pulls the trigger.
As far as this situation, the hard truth is as you alluded to, Wright basically contributed to his own death.
I think we are talking about two different cases.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:16 pm

I believe in the police killing people

We know
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:19 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:16 pm

I believe in the police killing people

We know
And you obviously believe in mob rule.