Covid BB Talk

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: Covid BB Talk

Post by PhDhawk »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:19 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:55 am you calling everyone dumb makes you look smart.
It's straight from the #WokeGotcha playbook: "If anyone disagrees or sees things differently, accuse them of being stupid, ignorant, uneducated, racist, and/or sexist. If that doesn't work, feel free to add other insults ad nauseum."
If someone doesn't understand that moving a decimal 3 spots in either direction matters a great deal, they shouldn't inject themselves into conversations about math. And when they are called out for their stupidity it's deserved.

Thinking that a roulette table is hot red, and believing it IS stupid and should be made known.

The law of independent assortment isn't a feeling or something we get to have an opinion on. It's verifiable. Flipping a coin heads 3 times in a row has no bearing on the next flip, regardless of politics.

You hide behind this myth of freedom of speech, when what it really is, is ignoring facts, discounting expertise, giving equal weight to feelings as you do data and numbers, it pretends every source is weighted equally. It's bullshit.

If something is factually wrong it's wrong and NEEDS to be pointed out.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:55 am you calling everyone dumb makes you look smart.
It's straight from the #WokeGotcha playbook: "If anyone disagrees or sees things differently, accuse them of being stupid, ignorant, uneducated, racist, and/or sexist. If that doesn't work, feel free to add other insults ad nauseum."
Meghan McCain is a RINO because she doesn't agree with psych.

#PsychHypocrisy
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:34 pm
Meghan McCain is a RINO because she doesn't agree with psych.

#PsychHypocrisy
Potd

Plus how many times has he insulted Biden's intelligence?

Sounds like he's projecting.
Last edited by PhDhawk on Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Phd is arguing semantics here. All he's got. Nobody is confused what the differences between 1, .1, and .01 are. But you are arguing about something that is less than a percentage point. Who gives a shit.

If you were to look at the big picture aka 100% of a situation. You realize 1 percent of it is pretty asinine
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:33 pm
If someone doesn't understand that moving a decimal 3 spots in either direction matters a great deal, they shouldn't inject themselves into conversations about math. And when they are called out for their stupidity it's deserved.

Thinking that a roulette table is hot red, and believing it IS stupid and should be made known.

The law of independent assortment isn't a feeling or something we get to have an opinion on. It's verifiable. Flipping a coin heads 3 times in a row has no bearing on the next flip, regardless of politics.

You hide behind this myth of freedom of speech, when what it really is, is ignoring facts, discounting expertise, giving equal weight to feelings as you do data and numbers, it pretends every source is weighted equally. It's bullshit.

Hey at least with roulette, randy still has a >49% chance of being right!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:36 pm Phd is arguing semantics here. All he's got. Nobody is confused what the differences between 1, .1, and .01 are. But you are arguing about something that is less than a percentage point. Who gives a shit.

If you were to look at the big picture aka 100% of a situation. You realize 1 percent of it is pretty asinine
See.

I didn't make it up.

He literally doesn't understand.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:36 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:33 pm

Hey at least with roulette, randy still has a >49% chance of being right!
Nah. More like 48. He plays at the ones that have a 0 and 00 cause he feels better about his chances.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:38 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:36 pm Phd is arguing semantics here. All he's got. Nobody is confused what the differences between 1, .1, and .01 are. But you are arguing about something that is less than a percentage point. Who gives a shit.

See.

I didn't make it up.

I guess some people just like dunking on theirselves.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

See.

I didn't make it up.

Arrogant ignorance is a special kind
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

See.

I didn't make it up.

I perfectly understand it. Im just not going to get bent out of shape over something that is less than 1 percent. Its called not being a depressed pessimist
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Less than 1 percent is always a tiny portion of a situation. If that decimal started moving the other way tho. And jumped from 1 percent to 10 percent. Or from 10 percent to 100 percent, then i would feel differently
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Maybe if the math were dumbed down by removing the decimals and avoid talk of percentages:

You make $1 a day. I make $1,000 a day.
Do you think there is a difference now?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:07 pm Maybe if the math were dumbed down by removing the decimals and avoid talk of percentages:

But if I make .1 cents and you make 1 cent does it really fucking matter if we both have 8 billion in our bank account

Common sense and relativity have to be factored too
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:10 pm
DrPepper wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:07 pm Maybe if the math were dumbed down by removing the decimals and avoid talk of percentages:

But if I make .1 cents and you make 1 cent does if really fucking matter if we both have 8 billion in our bank account

Common sense and relativity have to be factored too
talosiannn.jpg
talosiannn.jpg (66.1 KiB) Viewed 471 times
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But its chances of death.
So again, if you said, hey, pdub, here are 100 cards, one of them is a joker. If you draw the joker, you are dead. Or you can draw from 10,000 cards, with one joker.
Which would you choose?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:14 pm But its chances of death.
So again, if you said, hey, pdub, here are 100 cards, one of them is a joker. If you draw the joker, you are dead. Or you can draw from 10,000 cards, with one joker.
Which would you choose?
Either way I wouldn't let it cancel my life. Im a healthy active person with an immune system. My odds are way better than 1 out of 100. Everyone's should be. Unfortunately Americans tends to be fat lazy pieces of shit.

But either way. The "covid doomsday crowd" has had 2 years now to pull their heads out of their asses and come out of their depressed funk. Its time
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Ah well nevertheless....

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:42 pm Im a healthy active person with an immune system. My odds are way better than 1 out of 100. Everyone's should be. Unfortunately Americans tends to be fat lazy pieces of shit.
nobody wants to talk about that part of the equation. not sure why. i guess it doesn't fit the narrative.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:04 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:42 pm Im a healthy active person with an immune system. My odds are way better than 1 out of 100. Everyone's should be. Unfortunately Americans tends to be fat lazy pieces of shit.
nobody wants to talk about that part of the equation. not sure why. i guess it doesn't fit the narrative.
Is that why you go the vaccine? Because you're a fat lazy piece of shit?

- lobser