More evidence that religious threads make you dum

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 863

Re: More evidence that religious threads make you dum

Post by Deleted User 863 »

If you consider that article "news" i feel sorry for you sandy.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:34 am If you consider that article "news" i feel sorry for you sandy.
I just feel sorry for you period, no qualifiers.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

If the Pope says it’s wrong then I feel right about my decision. Dude supports pedophiles and believes in an imaginary friend.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ha.

There’s a lot of irony and shit.

If the pope wants folks having kids, then address the economic issues that can be barriers to having kids.

And, uh, if it’s selfish to not have kids, then what does that make the pope and all the priests who choose a life of celibacy instead?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

(And the whole pols bored thing about how religion can be viewed as some tool of the ruling class, who wants to maintain that abundant supply of cheap labor, but make Qusdahl take that to the other bored)
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:20 pm (And the whole pols bored thing about how religion can be viewed as some tool of the ruling class, who wants to maintain that abundant supply of cheap labor, but make Qusdahl take that to the other bored)
related, Dawkins has an interesting take on this subject related to “God” not revealing himself to the wealthy or powerful, but rather to the enslaved and impoverished
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:11 pm If the Pope says it’s wrong then I feel right about my decision.
What a weird thing for the pope to say.

People shouldn't have children unless they are ready and want them.

Training our new puppy right now has been easier than training my kids to interact with the puppy LOL my 4yr old is still a puppy himself and he doesn't listen as well as the dog. 🐕
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:27 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:20 pm (And the whole pols bored thing about how religion can be viewed as some tool of the ruling class, who wants to maintain that abundant supply of cheap labor, but make Qusdahl take that to the other bored)
related, Dawkins has an interesting take on this subject related to “God” not revealing himself to the wealthy or powerful, but rather to the enslaved and impoverished
What’s the jist of it?

I tried looking it up but didn’t find quite what you refer to
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Seems out of character for this pope.

Wonder if it's been taken out of context.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

There’s a vid of him saying it, tho it is in Italian with subtitles.

He suggests having pets instead of kids makes our populations older and makes us less humane, cuz it takes away what he calls “wealth of parenthood”

Maybe he’s got it backwards? Perhaps it’s the increasingly inhumane conditions that makes more folks hesitate to have kids.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:58 pm
What’s the jist of it?

i’ll see if i can find it

if i recall correctly, he uses that evidence in his argument for the logical fallacy of religion. something along the lines of it being much easier to make it widespread and the dominate religion had “God” revealed himself to the powerful…pharaohs and the like

instead, it was really just invented by those who need hope and something to hold onto most…the downtrodden
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:23 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:58 pm

What’s the jist of it?

i’ll see if i can find it

if i recall correctly, he uses that evidence in his argument for the logical fallacy of religion. something along the lines of it being much easier to make it widespread and the dominate religion had “God” revealed himself to the powerful…pharaohs and the like

instead, it was really just invented by those who need hope and something to hold onto most…the downtrodden

“Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.” - Napoleon Bonaparte
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It does seem like the bourgeoisie would prefer poor folks keep believing some supernatural deity is the answer to their problems, rather than guillotines.

“That we don’t have rich folks on the run, says more about us than them”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And the way religion and imperialism are so in bed together!

The argument they give you for colonization and fucking over indigenous folks, is that they’re preaching the gospel to these savages!

…as if they aren’t really there to exploit all the resources they can find

And as if the way they treat the indigenous isnt completely at odds with everything the gospel says.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Kill the Indian, save the Man
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Two most difficult questions you may answer today......
Is "God" a lie, delusion, or real?
There are literally billions of people on this planet who believe in "a God". WHY?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:57 am Two most difficult questions you may answer today......
Is "God" a lie, delusion, or real?
There are literally billions of people on this planet who believe in "a God". WHY?
for me, god is both a lie and a delusion

indoctrination is why people believe. it’s why a little African child doesn’t find jesus on his own out of the blue, or a little midwestern girl doesn’t find buddha. just like the languages we speak, religion is very much a learned construct. and just like language(s), it’s entirely a man-made phenomenon
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, it’s indoctrination.

Catholicism had me baptized, reconciled, communioned, and confirmed, all before I was old enough to know what things like Islam even was.