Finding New Shit on TV

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by TDub »

Hopefully Walker is, I like Walker...Jimmy is...ok because he's closest to reality in a lot of ways probably, but kinda a forced character.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:34 am Hopefully Walker is, I like Walker...Jimmy is...ok because he's closest to reality in a lot of ways probably, but kinda a forced character.
Ya Jimmy is an interesting character. I go back and forth on him. They've certainly spent a lot of time developing his character with lots of depth/growth in his story.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

defixione wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:38 am I keep telling everyone: Station Eleven. Written a decade ago, filmed during initial Covid outbreak.
Never heard of it. Where is it?
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

shindig wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:56 am Tiger King was another Netflix series I just couldn't get into, same with Squid Games. Ya'll can say I'm missing out, but whatever :)
Tiger King was just way too idiot redneck for me. I just don't enjoy those shows, mostly because I have a few idiot redneck cousins who they remind me of. It's just too trashy for me.

We haven't even bothered to try Squid Games. I have already read and watched The Hunger Games, I don't see to see a weird Korean take on them. Do something original.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:17 am
shindig wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:56 am Tiger King was another Netflix series I just couldn't get into, same with Squid Games. Ya'll can say I'm missing out, but whatever :)
Tiger King was just way too idiot redneck for me. I just don't enjoy those shows, mostly because I have a few idiot redneck cousins who they remind me of. It's just too trashy for me.

We haven't even bothered to try Squid Games. I have already read and watched The Hunger Games, I don't see to see a weird Korean take on them. Do something original.
I haven't gotten deep into squid games, but it's not really similar to hunger games fwiw if that makes any difference to you.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

2nd season of The Witcher was overall, quite good.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KU76erfan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:36 am 2nd season of The Witcher was overall, quite good.
Good to hear, I will try it out now that Yellowstone is over.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Have you read the books or played the games? They're doing their own thing (apparently with the author's blessing), just to warn you in advance.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

not sure what Yellowstone is up to. but season 4 was a disappointment. they better come back strong with season 5.

jimmy is a character I could not care less about. no idea how they think he care carry his own show.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 863

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:21 am not sure what Yellowstone is up to. but season 4 was a disappointment. they better come back strong with season 5.

jimmy is a character I could not care less about. no idea how they think he care carry his own show.
To me it seemed like maybe they stretched this season/saved some material to extend the show a season or 2 and give more time for the coming seasons?

Considering how action packed the 1st 3 seasons were, there just wasn't the same action this season.

I enjoyed the storylines about the boy rip and beth. I also didn't mind the jimmy crossover the 4 6s ranch parts.

But a lot of build up just for Jamie to shoot his dad in the head and for Casey to see the end of his marriage...and for them to set up Beth for prison for the corporate espionage.

Definitely my least favorite season so far.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I am going to assume that this season 4 is just the set up for a big season 5.

and if casey leaves that smoking hot wife of his because of a dream, he will need to have his head examined. she is a pain in the @$$. but I can over look that.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 863

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:55 am I am going to assume that this season 4 is just the set up for a big season 5.

and if casey leaves that smoking hot wife of his because of a dream, he will need to have his head examined. she is a pain in the @$$. but I can over look that.
I don't think he would leave her...eventually some of these main characters are going to get killed you'd have to think.

She's pregnant (in the show) so not sure how that will play into it all.

Agree about the build up to season 5. Can't imagine this goes beyond 6 seasons.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KU76erfan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:46 am Have you read the books or played the games? They're doing their own thing (apparently with the author's blessing), just to warn you in advance.
I played Witcher 3 a lot. I don't expect it to be true to anything. I just enjoy the general idea of the characters and the environment. I just want it to be eye candy, not live up to any book I liked.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:55 am I am going to assume that this season 4 is just the set up for a big season 5.

One man's smoking hot wife may be another man's nag. She is whiny and annoying.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:01 pm
KU76erfan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:46 am Have you read the books or played the games? They're doing their own thing (apparently with the author's blessing), just to warn you in advance.
I played Witcher 3 a lot. I don't expect it to be true to anything. I just enjoy the general idea of the characters and the environment. I just want it to be eye candy, not live up to any book I liked.
Cool; you'll most likely enjoy the 2nd season very much, then.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

defixione wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:55 am https://youtu.be/bv_EgTQvKsM
Quite good so far. Thanks for the heads up!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:02 pm

One man's smoking hot wife may be another man's nag. She is whiny and annoying.
“Well, she may be pretty awww but someday I’ll get sick of her shit”
Justin Townes Earle
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

1883 is real good, but they had Brennan blatantly rip off Woodrow F. Call with his reasoning for wanting to head west.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hasbeen wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:02 pm 1883 is real good, but they had Brennan blatantly rip off Woodrow F. Call with his reasoning for wanting to head west.
good catch.

Sam Elliot is a more pious version of Gus.
Just Ledoux it