Violence

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Violence

Post by ousdahl »

Oh come on bro, it’s not like I’m the one downplaying white supremacy.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

Vida B. Johnson, an associate professor at Georgetown Law, wrote a paper in 2019 that included a list of more than a hundred police departments in forty-nine states that have faced scandals over racist texts, e-mails, or public social-media posts by officers just since 2009.
Alarmingly, internal FBI policy documents have also warned agents assigned to domestic terrorism cases that the white supremacist and anti-government militia groups they investigate often have “active links” to law enforcement officials.

Obviously, only a tiny percentage of law enforcement officials are likely to be active members of white supremacist groups. But one doesn’t need access to secretive intelligence gathered in FBI terrorism investigations to find evidence of overt and explicit racism within law enforcement. Since 2000, law enforcement officials with alleged connections to white supremacist groups or far-right militant activities have been exposed in Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and elsewhere. Research organizations have uncovered hundreds of federal, state, and local law enforcement officials participating in racist, nativist, and sexist social media activity, which demonstrates that overt bias is far too common. These officers’ racist activities are often known within their departments, but only result in disciplinary action or termination if they trigger public scandals.
An FBI intelligence assessment—titled “White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement” and published in 2006 during the administration of President George W. Bush—raised alarm over white supremacist groups’ interest in “infiltrating law enforcement communities or recruiting law enforcement personnel.” The report, based on FBI investigations and open sources, warned, for example, that skinhead groups were actively encouraging their members to become “ghost skins” within law enforcement agencies, a term the report said white supremacists use to describe members who “avoid overt displays of their beliefs to blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes.”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s like some of you guys didn’t even grow up listening to these guys.

https://youtu.be/8de2W3rtZsA
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:43 am Oh come on bro, it’s not like I’m the one downplaying white supremacy.
You sound like the Woke Alex Jones: “Lizard people living in the center of the Earth, psychic vampire pedophiles, all coming for your children!”
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lizard people!

It’s like some of you guys didn’t grow up listening to these guys, either.

https://youtu.be/3HoDlGNTisI
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:14 am What % of cops are in the KKK? I can't find it in your article you found on google.
It showed up on my twitter feed and that is an unaswerable question unless the FBI decides to run undercover investigations of every police force in America.

Here's an interesting article for you that breaks down several reports created by the FBI and Homeland Security among other law federal enforcement organizations: https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the ... forcement/
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:45 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:14 am What % of cops are in the KKK? I can't find it in your article you found on google.
It showed up on my twitter feed and that is an unaswerable question unless the FBI decides to run undercover investigations of every police force in America.

Here's an interesting article for you that breaks down several reports created by the FBI and Homeland Security among other law federal enforcement organizations: https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/the ... forcement/
I, uh, don't think it should surprise anyone that there's significant overlap between law enforcement and white supremacy. Particularly at the more "entry level" law enforcement jobs (jail/prison work up through local cops), you're talking about (obviously extremely generally here) people without educations and who, in many cases, accept/seek low-paying jobs because they want the authority, toys and costumes.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ProudBoy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:11 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:08 pm
ProudBoy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:48 pm Speaking of [potential] violence:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... er/621087/
Careful bro, pretty sure you just doxxed TDub
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if some of his neighbors are part of the movement. In fact, I’d probably be a bit shocked if they weren’t.
These are TrumperDub’s people for sure.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Trump still says his supporters weren't behind the Jan. 6 attack — but I was there

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/02/10688913 ... nniversary
"It went from 100% support for President Trump and the idea that the election was fraudulent at the beginning ... to the recognition that he was misled. He's sitting in a detention facility here in Washington, D.C. and this big powerful former president who said 'meet me at the Capitol', he's too busy playing golf and has no interest in any of the guys that have been arrested..."
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I like it. Only NPR news links from now on! :)
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:27 am I like it. Only NPR news links from now on! :)
And NPR tweets.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:32 am
sdoyel wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:27 am I like it. Only NPR news links from now on! :)
And NPR tweets.
Cuz we all know that NPR has zero ideological bias.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:48 am
And NPR tweets.
I’m genuinely curious, what do you consider to be unbiased news outlets?
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

NPR is one of the least biased domestic news outlets, by a number of metrics and analyses.

BBC is also good.

Newsweek and USAToday are also fairly good and reliable.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think any media can be biased. Or at least prone to biased moments.

But as a whole I think anyone who thinks NPR is biased, prob just doesn’t listen to NPR.

More than anything, it’s boring as eff. They just kinda report news stories, without shouting them, or getting all outraged.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Or, to anyone who would like to call out NPR on their bias, please start an NPR thread in which you post ridiculous headlines and talking points.

It might be a fun thread! It might prompt some posters to loose their minds, like when I started a similar thread posting headlines from Fox and Friends.

Or, it might just be boring.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:57 am

And NPR tweets.
I think that, since news is interpreted and reported by human beings, all of it is inherently biased. I think we choose our preferred news source according to the congruence of their bias with our own.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

LOL. Nice dodge.

So you aren’t willing to offer up your preferred news source because you know it’ll get ridiculed?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:56 am
Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:57 am

I think that, since news is interpreted and reported by human beings, all of it is inherently biased. I think we choose our preferred news source according to the congruence of their bias with our own.
lol, nice try putz. This is why no one respects you or takes you seriously
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I think all for profit news media is biased.

NPR and BBC are the least/best imo.