Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: Violence

Post by MICHHAWK »

you think they take you seriously.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:14 pm you think they take you seriously.
And he thinks i am the one who lacks self awareness...🙄
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

You are, as numerous posters here have said.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ProudBoy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:58 am LOL. Nice dodge.

So you aren’t willing to offer up your preferred news source because you know it’ll get ridiculed?
Well, Trad, I read pretty widely, as I've said before. On a given day, I'll look at the same story on CNN, MSN, Fox, Newsmax, and Drudge. I'm guessing I look at a wider spectrum than the average person, though.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:05 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:56 am
Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:57 am

I’m genuinely curious, what do you consider to be unbiased news outlets?
I think that, since news is interpreted and reported by human beings, all of it is inherently biased. I think we choose our preferred news source according to the congruence of their bias with our own.
lol, nice try putz. This is why no one respects you or takes you seriously
So, you were genuinely curious, but now you're back to being antagonistic and insulting? I guess it was nice while it lasted.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:12 pm

So you aren’t willing to offer up your preferred news source because you know it’ll get ridiculed?
Well, Trad, I read pretty widely, as I've said before. On a given day, I'll look at the same story on CNN, MSN, Fox, Newsmax, and Drudge. I'm guessing I look at a wider spectrum than the average person, though.

You’re definitely on the spectrum.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:14 pm

You’re definitely on the spectrum.
As are we all, by definition.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:13 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:56 am

I think that, since news is interpreted and reported by human beings, all of it is inherently biased. I think we choose our preferred news source according to the congruence of their bias with our own.
So, you were genuinely curious, but now you're back to being antagonistic and insulting? I guess it was nice while it lasted.
I mean, I gave you the opportunity and you dodged it as usual. It’s your thing.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:18 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:13 pm

I mean, I gave you the opportunity and you dodged it as usual. It’s your thing.
Not trying to dodge the question. See my reply to Trad above.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

Drudge and Newsmax?

That’s just sad. Did you forget to mention Infowars and Breitbart?

When the only “news” you take in is from the most biased of sources (in either direction), it’s no wonder you’ve got such a skewed view of reality.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ProudBoy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:29 pm

Drudge and Newsmax?

When the only “news” you take in is from the most biased of sources (in either direction), it’s no wonder you’ve got such a skewed view of reality.
And this is why I rarely bother to answer your questions. I mentioned five news outlets and you immediately jumped on two of them as if it is the only thing I ever read. Just pathetic and completely expected.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:35 pm

Drudge and Newsmax?

And this is why I rarely bother to answer your questions. I mentioned five news outlets and you immediately jumped on two of them as if it is the only thing I ever read. Just pathetic and completely expected.
Pathetic = citing those outlets as some sort of evidence that you read widely. All you’re taking in is the extremes. It skews your view of reality.

I picked Drudge and Newsmax because next to Breitbart and Infowars, they’re the most salacious of right-wing faux media. They don’t even pretend to be honest and balanced.

Maybe instead of fooling yourself into thinking that your being a “good” consumer of information by looking at all those sources, you should instead exercise some common sense and choose relatively unbiased sources to get a better idea of what’s happening in the real world, and thus better inform your own world view.
Deleted User 863

You're*
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ProudBoy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:49 pm
Drudge and Newsmax?

Pathetic = citing those outlets as some sort of evidence that you read widely. All you’re taking in is the extremes. It skews your view of reality.

I picked Drudge and Newsmax because next to Breitbart and Infowars, they’re the most salacious of right-wing faux media. They don’t even pretend to be honest and balanced.

Maybe instead of fooling yourself into thinking that your being a “good” consumer of information by looking at all those sources, you should instead exercise some common sense and choose relatively unbiased sources to get a better idea of what’s happening in the real world, and thus better inform your own world view.
Because you are the arbiter of what "unbiased" means? No, thank you.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:59 pm You're*
You’re an ignorant fuck, and the last person that has any business trying to correct anyone’s grammar or punctuation usage. It’s cool though - it’s obvious you really want to be part of something here, so keep giving reach-arounds to MICHHAWK and JKLivin.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:00 pm

You’re so bad at this. It isn’t my idea of what is unbiased - it’s literally 3rd party sources that have done the research and fact-checking. Ignorance is bliss though, so you do you.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ProudBoy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:25 pm
JKLivin wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:00 pm

You’re so bad at this. It isn’t my idea of what is unbiased - it’s literally 3rd party sources that have done the research and fact-checking. Ignorance is bliss though, so you do you.
I completely disagree. The media outlets you purport to be unbiased have repeatedly "overlooked" information that would have resulted in stories that go against the narrative they are supporting. It's classic propaganda, and it has been happening across cultures and international boundaries for centuries.
Deleted User 863

ProudBoy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:23 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:59 pm You're*
You’re an ignorant fuck, and the last person that has any business trying to correct anyone’s grammar or punctuation usage. It’s cool though - it’s obvious you really want to be part of something here, so keep giving reach-arounds to MICHHAWK and JKLivin.
Just helping you out sandy. Glad to see you're getting it correct in the posts since. Glad I could be of assistance.

Don't meltdown and delete this account. I think you're all out of socks.
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

You forgot a comma, you childish ignorant fuck.
Deleted User 863

How mature of you to point that out! Thank you.