Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Totally random thread

Post by ousdahl »

Yesterday some folks from Houston airbnbing the place above us put their 2wd ‘burban in the ditch right front of the house.

Beaverfever tried pushing them out lol but ultimately they had to call a tow truck
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Houston, dude.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Houston secede from Texas?
Defense. Rebounds.
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:59 am also is there a more tourist trap of a state than Colorado?

Hawaii I guess. Maybe Florida, in the contiguous 48.

Utah, Wyoming, Montana could maybe make cases, for reasons similar to Colorado, but I don't think it's nearly on the same scale as CO. It's not like those places have to regularly host the entire state of Texas.
Way back, people here were pissed at Californian's too for moving here...
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
Deleted User 62

thekid6 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:53 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:59 am also is there a more tourist trap of a state than Colorado?

Utah, Wyoming, Montana could maybe make cases, for reasons similar to Colorado, but I don't think it's nearly on the same scale as CO. It's not like those places have to regularly host the entire state of Texas.
Pissy people?
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:56 pm

Pissy people?
I don't know...just a Colorado mentality...too many Californians and Texans.
Deleted User 62

thekid6 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:03 pm

Pissy people?
I moved from Cali to Colorado back in 2006.....Highlands Ranch.

I remember that going to my local drivers license office....12 of the 15 people there were from California.
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:07 pm
thekid6 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:03 pm

Pissy people?
I moved from Cali to Colorado back in 2006.....Highlands Ranch.

I remember that going to my local drivers license office....12 of the 15 people there were from California.
Wow, that's pretty nuts 12/15 from CA. No hate from me though!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Actually establishing residency is a little different than showing up for a few days to drive your SUV in a ditch and blame your ski instructor for not being able to ski even though the real reason is y’all’s fat ass is too out of shape, but it’s not like I can tell them that.
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:09 pm Actually establishing residency is a little different than showing up for a few days to drive your SUV in a ditch and blame your ski instructor for not being able to ski even though the real reason is y’all’s fat ass is too out of shape, but it’s not like I can tell them that.
Please do! (And then post it in one of your many threads)
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

“Was low-dose radiation from the atomic bombs beneficial?”

https://www.realclearscience.com/quick_ ... icial.html

Interesting implications for medicine today.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So sometimes when I turn on the broiler on my oven, it just randomly turns on the oven instead, wtf?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Lobster, CnB, 76er, and anyone else who cares:

I'm looking for a round-toe shoe, preferably a blucher, but a balmoral will work. Preferably tan or light brown. Leather or Dainite. Can't seem to find much that doesn't have an elongated toe (which for my beat-up feet won't work) at a reasonable price. Any suggestions?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

What's reasonable?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't do bluchers and I don't do dainite. That's all just personal preference.

I wear the hell out of my Loake's and my Grenson's. I don't know how you feel about British made, but I often use this website to get great deals on handmade stuff. https://www.pediwear.co.uk
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:21 pm What's reasonable?
<ahem>...you called?
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:41 pm I don't do bluchers and I don't do dainite. That's all just personal preference.

I wear the hell out of my Loake's and my Grenson's. I don't know how you feel about British made, but I often use this website to get great deals on handmade stuff. https://www.pediwear.co.uk
Yes. "Reasonable" is Loake or Grenson (or Barker) NOT C&J. I generally like British, because I like round rather than elongated or even almond. Sleek is NOT a word that anyone would ever use to describe me, regardless of shoes.

Thanks much for the link.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:56 pm Lobster, CnB, 76er, and anyone else who cares:

I'm looking for a round-toe shoe, preferably a blucher, but a balmoral will work. Preferably tan or light brown. Leather or Dainite. Can't seem to find much that doesn't have an elongated toe (which for my beat-up feet won't work) at a reasonable price. Any suggestions?
Sorry I missed this. Maybe try the Allen Edmonds Badlands? Even though it's on a narrow last, it runs large. You would have to add $40 for a Dainite sole. I'm assuming you don't want to spend a shit load on C&J, right?

Alden are awesome, but they are expensive. They have several plain toes with Dainite. 9501 model in natural cxl is one I would like to get someday, but it's also very expensive.

I had one pair of Loakes but they starting falling apart very quickly. Maybe bad luck? I dunno. I can't wear C&J as their insteps are way too generous for me. Cheaney is a great brand for me though, and very good quality for the price.
Deleted User 104

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:41 pm I don't do bluchers and I don't do dainite. That's all just personal preference.

No Dainite at all?? What do you do on rainy days? Do you wear those cover things over your shoes? The trick with Dainite is that you must have a comfortable, forgiving insole. Pediwear is a good site.
Deleted User 104

Great message here for women not recognizing their privileges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJBLBQIh3Qc