Lord of the Rubes - The Voter Fraud Chapter

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Lord of the Rubes - The Voter Fraud Chapter

Post by ousdahl »

Less diverse areas?

Oh come on bro.

I grew up in Olathe. That’s like the Latina capital of the Midwest!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:53 pm Forgive me for not referring to the victim by name.

What’s different? It was a collateral damage incident? Some sort of negligence, rather than intentional or accidental? The cop can’t claim he mistook the quinceañera dress for a gun?

What’s the same? Unarmed victim/s, disproportionally affecting persons of color, lack of deescalation attempts, lack of nonlethal force, lack of first aid or other care after the fact, lack of accountability for the cop who blasted, lack of any awareness that maybe it’s inappropriate to unload an assault rifle in a busy department store, same lack of compassion by the psych types, same illy trying to paint the BLM protests as riots, same old.

I’m just not sure anything’s changed.
These comments don't help either.

But, to somewhat stay on topic, yes, the people I know see a major difference between cases like Valentina Orellana-Peralta and cases like George Floyd. Especially considering Chauvin was actually convicted. We'll see what happens to William Jones, but I'll admit that I think nothing of significance happens.

Of course there are similarities to the cases as well and I do agree that we can and should do better in areas like deescelation and nonlethal force so that people like Orellana-Peralta don't end up dead. There is still a log of change and progress that needs to be made, but I do think some things are trending in a better direction.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:03 pm Less diverse areas?

Oh come on bro.

I grew up in Olathe. That’s like the Latina capital of the Midwest!
Haha well my mistake Olathe is likely much more diverse than whatever bumblefuck KS kitty county Cascadia grew up in.

Looks like Olathe is 2% AA and 12% L/H

I grew up in more like 20% AA, but much lower L/H.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:27 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:53 pm Forgive me for not referring to the victim by name.

What’s different? It was a collateral damage incident? Some sort of negligence, rather than intentional or accidental? The cop can’t claim he mistook the quinceañera dress for a gun?

What’s the same? Unarmed victim/s, disproportionally affecting persons of color, lack of deescalation attempts, lack of nonlethal force, lack of first aid or other care after the fact, lack of accountability for the cop who blasted, lack of any awareness that maybe it’s inappropriate to unload an assault rifle in a busy department store, same lack of compassion by the psych types, same illy trying to paint the BLM protests as riots, same old.

I’m just not sure anything’s changed.
These comments don't help either.

But, to somewhat stay on topic, yes, the people I know see a major difference between cases like Valentina Orellana-Peralta and cases like George Floyd. Especially considering Chauvin was actually convicted. We'll see what happens to William Jones, but I'll admit that I think nothing of significance happens.

Of course there are similarities to the cases as well and I do agree that we can and should do better in areas like deescelation and nonlethal force so that people like Orellana-Peralta don't end up dead. There is still a log of change and progress that needs to be made, but I do think some things are trending in a better direction.
Good post. I mean that genuinely.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:52 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:13 pm If Trump wins in 2024 will the left accept the election results?

We already know portions of the right won't accept the results if he doesn't win.

How does this possibly end well?
It would be foolish to answer that question prior to the election. Nothing was off limits in the Trump Presidency and now they have more experience in what will and will not be supported by their voters. It has been made clear that there is nothing off limits to the GOP so nothing would surprise me.

We'll see.

And to your insinuation? I firmly believe we are headed towards an event that will make Jan. 6th look like a PTA meeting. The loonies have not calmed since Trump left office, they have gotten worse. The disinformation campaign against rational, logical thought has been cranked up to 11 because why wouldn't it? It has proven to work. We are headed towards major issues in our country.
100%
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i don’t even think the mob is trump’s anymore…they’ll turn on him quick and leave him in the dust

just look at the reaction he’s gotten from his peeps when he mentioned getting vaccinated/boosted
Last edited by KUTradition on Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It'll be interesting if they do turn on him.

Or, short of completely turning on him, I could see the luster just kinda wearing off.

as criminal conspiracy charges look like more and more of a thing, that suggests he'll either be a martyr, or (once the righties finally accept that Trump did none of the shit Q said would happen) just kinda be yesterday's news
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:53 am as criminal conspiracy charges look like more and more of a thing
Do they? Because you've been saying this since before he got elected and yet nothing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, who knows man. maybe?

I think with all the fuss surrounding J6, and with how dimwitted so many involved were, we're gonna see more and more evidence of as much - texts and memos and a paper trail like "we need to do this and this to overturn the election, now call the shoe guy with the bag, we good?"

and, who knows, maybe it'll finally be too damning for even Trump.

if it got to the point Trump has to testify, I dunno how he doesn't shoot himself in the dick about it.

speaking of politics as usual, I do wonder how many hours upon hours upon hours of testimony we'd have already heard by now, if Trump's last name was Clinton.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

This is turning into Russia. Just looking for more as if it's going to do anything.

The guy told people to assemble in DC, told the crowd their very Democracy was under attack, told them to march to the Capitol, and sat around watching it happen while ignoring pleas to call in the national guard and to tell people to stop for around 3 hours (until the crowd proved too incompetent to actually succeed).

It's not a conspiracy, it's out there in the open, and if that isn't enough to charge him with sedition, which it damn well seems like the epitome of, then nothing will be enough.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I think some people struggle to understand what conspiracy means in a legal sense.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:30 am This is turning into Russia. Just looking for more as if it's going to do anything.

The guy told people to assemble in DC, told the crowd their very Democracy was under attack, told them to march to the Capitol, and sat around watching it happen while ignoring pleas to call in the national guard and to tell people to stop for around 3 hours (until the crowd proved too incompetent to actually succeed).

It's not a conspiracy, it's out there in the open, and if that isn't enough to charge him with sedition, which it damn well seems like the epitome of, then nothing will be enough.
^^^^

They shoulda brought the hammer down on Trump Jan. 7 at the latest.

but I guess the republican profiles in courage were instead too worried about not loosing brownie points that woulda come from turning on Trump.

I guess? Trying to remember the political climate this time last year. Wasn't it Mcconnell and his goons giving lip service condemnations but also holding strong to how inappropriate it was to advance with impeachment?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:30 am This is turning into Russia. Just looking for more as if it's going to do anything.

I think you're failing to understand a key difference between the present situation and the Russia investigation.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ohh what is it??

...is it redacted?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:21 am ohh what is it??

...is it redacted?
The investigation here isn't being kneecapped by the executive branch.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea.

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:25 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:21 am ohh what is it??

...is it redacted?
The investigation here isn't being kneecapped by the executive branch.
Is that going to make a difference?

Like - what do you expect to come of this?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

will there be some scotus showdown?

It could be fun to hear Kavanaugh ACB and Gorsuch answer on executive privilege
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pending civil litigation too!

#BlueLivesMatter

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/10/politics ... index.html