Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by pdub »

US soccer annoyingly enough.
Miss games bc of it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

sdoyel wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:47 pm Convince me why I should spend 4.99/mo for Paramount+

I’m intrigued by this 1883 show or whatever it’s called. What else is on there?
the first 2 months are only 0.99 a month. Ill probably cancel after 1883 and restart it for season 2.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My kid has a friend with Paramount +
She set up my TV with her account.
Not sure if it's cool I should use it. Seems wrong. I haven't so far.
Defense. Rebounds.
shindig

Post by shindig »

TDub wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:59 pm
sdoyel wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:47 pm Convince me why I should spend 4.99/mo for Paramount+

I’m intrigued by this 1883 show or whatever it’s called. What else is on there?
the first 2 months are only 0.99 a month. Ill probably cancel after 1883 and restart it for season 2.
I use Peacock but it’s still $4.99/month. Been watching Yellowstone and will probably watch 1883. It’s got some other good movies and shows. I’ll cancel after 1883.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Speaking of ousdahl's blue pill:

New Matrix.
I stopped it before it finished.
How did the special effects get worse?

Just leave these franchises alone.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dangit Morpheus!

I'd heard mostly good-ish reviews til then. Was storyline at least good?

and for that matter, no sequel was ever gonna touch the brilliance of the first one.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the last time I saw Keanu Reeves was in Dracula. He has this godawful British accent so bad it makes you wonder if it's some Bill and Ted spinoff. I dunno if I'll be able to take Neo seriously any more after that.

I think we talked about it in the awesomely bad movies thread. On one hand it's an Oscar-winning production of the classic vampire story with brilliant performances by Anthony Hopkins and Gary Oldman

but on the other, it's British Bill and Ted with fog machines and vampire tits.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i thought the new offering was awful

apparently Keanu is keen on doing more?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

three series we’re following/watching now:

Dexter: New Blood

Yellowjackets

1883 is by far the best. i didn’t look too much into it before starting, but man it’s got quite the cast. surely it’s slated for more than one season…they haven’t even made it out of tejas yet
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:13 am the last time I saw Keanu Reeves was in Dracula. He has this godawful British accent so bad it makes you wonder if it's some Bill and Ted spinoff. I dunno if I'll be able to take Neo seriously any more after that.

I think we talked about it in the awesomely bad movies thread. On one hand it's an Oscar-winning production of the classic vampire story with brilliant performances by Anthony Hopkins and Gary Oldman

Watch the John Wick's. Pretty easily the best action movies of the last 5 years, which is a dying genre outside of comic book movies.
Last edited by CrimsonNBlue on Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Matrix 1 was good, everything since then had been 'meh'

Not a huge Keanu fan, but CnB is correct, the John Wick movies are surprisingly pretty good. B/B+ movies
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I've seen 2 of the Wick's and enjoyed them both.

Don't bother with this fourth Matrix ous.
Wait til it's on TNT and you have absolutely nothing else to do.

And the last 2 Avengers were in the last 5 years.
John Wick ain't better than those.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I like Keanu, maybe because of who he is as a person that it clouds judgment on his movies. I will see Matrix 4 just because, but very disappointed the Wachowski sisters waited so long and still put out hot garbage.

I don't like giving spoilers but one of Keanu's best movie moments came in the last couple of years on a Netflix movie.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The budget for the new Matrix was 190 mill.
I don't understand how the special effects are worse then the movies made almost 20 years ago for less ( ok, inflation, but still ) money.

Beyond the FX and action scenes, the story was silly.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Has anyone watched The Expanse? It's in it's last season and I think it's one of the best TV series ever.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:21 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:13 am the last time I saw Keanu Reeves was in Dracula. He has this godawful British accent so bad it makes you wonder if it's some Bill and Ted spinoff. I dunno if I'll be able to take Neo seriously any more after that.

Watch the John Wick's. Pretty easily the best action movies of the last 5 years, which is a dying genre outside of comic book movies.
^^^^^

i liked them waaay more than i was expecting

plus, i think Keanu does his own stunt work
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:27 am I like Keanu, maybe because of who he is as a person that it clouds judgment on his movies. I will see Matrix 4 just because, but very disappointed the Wachowski sisters waited so long and still put out hot garbage.

I don't like giving spoilers but one of Keanu's best movie moments came in the last couple of years on a Netflix movie.
please tell me you’re referring to him listening to the food he’s eating
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:38 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:21 am

^^^^^

i liked them waaay more than i was expecting

plus, i think Keanu does his own stunt work
wait

you mean he didn't actually dodge those bullets in the matrix?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I am told there is a second season of Righteous Gemstones.
1st season was pretty allsome. Hope the 2nd is as well.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

yeah, liked that one too