Doke OUT for Season.

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Doke OUT for Season.

Post by ousdahl »

oh, and after a limited sample size alongsize Dedrick, are there concerns he doesn't play well with another big?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

You know. I was looking at KJ lawsons numbers at Memphis. He is much better than what he has shown thus far at KU. He seems to play well alongside Dedric. Dare I say he may be a good option to start at the 4? He’s versatile enough to guard the perimeter... I mean, Garrett just doesn’t give us much at all. Hell, we beat Tennessee without him.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:27 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:22 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:47 pm By my count, De Sousa has now missed 18 games because of eligibility questions and not a single piece of credible evidence directly implicating him has been turned up.
aaaand not only has not a single piece of credible evidence turned up, but the ncaa hasn’t even bothered to look, right?

Ohh he’s not ineligible, we never said he couldn’t play, just go ahead! But we’re reserving the right to bring the hammer down if we ever do decide to look into it, cuz you know, we’re concerned about these student athletes sooo much, oh but never mind the fact he’s been rotting on the bench!
I trust that our coaches have a handle on it better than any of us know about. If it was that simple and he was completely innocent, and not a risk at all, then he'd be playing is my guess.

Our coaches are clearly deciding to not push their luck with the ncaa because they know we didn't come out looking great after the first set of trials. We are playing nice with the ncaa and self enforcing, and I'm confident that will not go unnoticed when the dust finally settles.
He sat 4 last year and 14 this year. Given that, it's not that much of a risk to take. And, Self either takes the risk or wastes the one year he has Dedric. The dynamic as changed with Udoka's injury. I bet we see him.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait where’s Dedrick going?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And more than any other factor, the biggest reason I’d think we see Silvio is cuz he hasn’t left yet.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:37 pm You know. I was looking at KJ lawsons numbers at Memphis. He is much better than what he has shown thus far at KU. He seems to play well alongside Dedric. Dare I say he may be a good option to start at the 4? He’s versatile enough to guard the perimeter... I mean, Garrett just doesn’t give us much at all. Hell, we beat Tennessee without him.

I’d like to see Dedrics numbers with KJ on the floor. It’s pretty much feed Dedric 3 times, chuck a shot. He gets it into him great. With complete blinders.
I am, I said.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:49 pm Wait where’s Dedrick going?
Ukraine
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

think Svi's folks have an extra room?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:16 pm think Svi's folks have an extra room?
They live in Malibu.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’ve seen nothing from KJ so far, save some garbage time 3s, that would lead to me believe he’s a better option than Garrett at the “4”.
And that’s saying something.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Feel bad for suggesting Dok is a pussy.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you should ;)
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:28 am you should ;)
So should Self.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:16 am
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:28 am you should ;)
So should Self.
Yes. That original statement was bizarre and it makes Self look really bad right now. And if he's anything like we think he is, he's already apologized to Dok.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

perhaps Self was more so upset by the fact he wasn't the first to know about it?

I mean he IS the head coach after all, and should know ASAP if his starting center isn't available.
Deleted User 75

I'm confused how he would not know what was going on?

Sounded more like he didn't think Dok was hurt enough to sit out so he decided to do a little media style motivation.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Whats wrong with doks wrists that this rare and random injury happens twice?!? Big man curse continues
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Limp wristed sucka.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Speaking of is gusher prebanned here? Not complaining just surprised we havent seen him. Although, id trade his bullshit for a couple current posters
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

TDub wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:51 am Speaking of is gusher prebanned here? Not complaining just surprised we havent seen him. Although, id trade his bullshit for a couple current posters
Yes. I think he got a few posts in before it was official.