Site Admin

Re: Chiefs 2021

Post by pdub »

Yup.
And it is largely on him.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Not going to get easier next year, especially if Rodgers signs with Denver. Bills are going to want redemption and the AFC West just got tougher, if Rodgers signs with the Donks.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Can't wait to see Jackson and the fiancé show out on social media the next 48hrs.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I said a while ago, mismanaging your roster will cost you. Trading for Clark and giving up picks, drafting Hardman over DK and drafting CEH over Diggs.

The Clark money alone could have given us a couple difference makers.

The Super Bowl win was great and it's more than most franchises will get but you kind have bungled it up for the future.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:06 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:28 pm
twocoach wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:19 pm
Huh? Mahomes made the terrible decision on the last play of the 1st half and sucked the entire 2nd half. WTF is the coaching ataff supposed to do about that?!?
You're a smarter guy than me.
Maybe I am wrong for believing the coaching staff had something to do with making the decision to NOT take 3 points before the half.
Maybe I am wrong for believing the offensive (and head) coaching staff called garbage offensive plays in the 2nd half - and overtime.
Maybe I am wrong for believing the defensive coaching staff helped allow a WAY inferior Bengals offense to come back from 18 points down.
The sideline woman literally talked to Reid coming out of halftime and said Reid was furious with the last play because Mahomes was supposed to throw the ball into the end zone. Had he done what he was supposed to they would have had time to go for 3. They talked about it in the broadcast starting the 3rd quarter.
Yeah, Mahomes definitely should have thrown it in the End Zone - but was anyone open?
If not, then he should have thrown it away. Instead he tried to make something happen. Reid made the decision to run the offensive play instead of attempting the Field Goal. There was 5 seconds. We saw what happened but two other negative things could have also happened. What if Mahomes got sacked or threw an Interception?
Hindsight is 20/20 but I would have tried for 3. I'm not alone in feeling that way.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:34 pm I run it.
I'm a big Chiefs fan.
Lulz
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You're ok going for another play there with the caveat you get the ball out within a three count, even if it's out of bounds.

You have to get at least three.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Reid played the second half to improve our draft position a couple of positions.

He is cagey like that.

The Bengals have no idea how hard he fucked them today. The dumbasses are probably on the plane celebrating right now.

Reid is always one step ahead of the rest of the league.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Get rid of Hitchens and Clark as fast as you can. See if Mathieu asks for a reasonable salary. Rework Mahomes contract. Address DLine, corner and WR in draft and FA.

Your second best WR cant be a gadget player or Pringle. Imagine if we had Tee Higgins.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

"I was hoping we could get the ball in the end zone. I probably gave them the wrong play, first of all," Reid told reporters. "I could have given him something better than that. Where the play was open in the end zone, and then we wouldn't have to go through that. I'll take responsibility for that one."

"I knew that the time was low, obviously, I knew we needed to get points," Mahomes said. "We call the play that we're trying to get someone over the middle quick, and then I was probably supposed to throw the ball away. I got a little greedy there trying to get it to Tyreek and get a touchdown. They had two people out there."
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Reid was putting it on himself.
It was Mahomes fault on that play.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That is Andy Reid's way. He will always take the blame and rightfully so. He and the rest of that staff got pantsed in the second half. That was embarrassing.

This felt like the game where you rely on your running game and then take play action shots. Hell, Mahomes had D-Rob on a crossing route and didn't throw it. In OT he tried to force an out route to D-Rob when the corner was playing 8 yards off and bailing against Hill.

I text this with my buddy all the time. NFL coaches simply out think themselves when the simplest shit could work all game long. The second half was either rigged or my point was proven because I'm still in shock how this game was an almost exact mirror of their first game.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bienemy certainly lost some luster with that second half collapse.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

In the end, you're better thhan 29/30 teams in the NFL.
( honestly we are better than the Bengals but we beat ourselves )
Which is good.

But Mahomes and Reid have brought the expectations up pretty high. The NFL is tough.

Why Brady is the GOAT.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:45 pm Bienemy certainly lost some luster with that second half collapse.
Chiefs went basically 35 minutes of playing time without scoring a point.
100% inexcusable with the offensive talent they had on the field.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Bengals stumbled in. After last week they went full clown show. I can't explain the half-assed nature of the play calling. The execution issues. The terrible decisions. An AI program would call for an investigation. It was bad. Against a meh team with a QB that the NFL has been boosting.
Last edited by Sparko on Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:21 pm I said a while ago, mismanaging your roster will cost you. Trading for Clark and giving up picks, drafting Hardman over DK and drafting CEH over Diggs.

The Clark money alone could have given us a couple difference makers.

The Super Bowl win was great and it's more than most franchises will get but you kind have bungled it up for the future.
Trading for Clark was clearly a huge success; go look up what Ford has done for San Francisco.

And it’s just inane to play that game with draft picks.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We would have drafted LJ Collier ( Seattle drafted him with the pick we gave them ) who has played as good as Clark...and saved over 17 million a year.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

(That is an inane game.)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Innane is paying Clark that salary and giving up the pick to do so.

Let's see if we keep Clark then you'll be justified.