Chiefs 2021

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2021

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:51 pm In the end, you're better thhan 29/30 teams in the NFL.
( honestly we are better than the Bengals but we beat ourselves )
Which is good.

But Mahomes and Reid have brought the expectations up pretty high. The NFL is tough.

Why Brady is the GOAT.
https://twitter.com/_ChrisCurtis/status ... 9018783747

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1 ... 3436103682
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Theres a site that measures the worth of players. Clark is overpaid 21 million dollars.

21 million dollars could have gotten you a good corner and a DL replacement better than Clark.

It was the worst move the Chiefs have made in the Mahomes era.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:09 pm Theres a site that measures the worth of players. Clark is overpaid 21 million dollars.

21 million dollars could have gotten you a good corner and a DL replacement better than Clark.

It was the worst move the Chiefs have made in the Mahomes era.
And it helped to end a 40 year Super Bowl drought.

That said, he is gone unless he signs for a massive pay cut.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Flags fly forever they say.
But to me, this ain't baseball.
You have a cap and a QB who wants to play in KC. Dont strap yourself down with massive contracts. Does Bill Bellichick do that?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Brady was an immobile quarterback who played with good teams and from the tuck rule to the injured OL in the last SB had extraodinary protection. Offsides knuckle calls. Intercepting the other guy's one yard passes. GOAT I reserve for extraordinary athletes. I call forward progress and turn the page.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Wasn't that the same play that the Bengals had too many players on the line of scrimmage?
Fucking refs - need to be replaced - with robots?

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

This felt like an old school Chiefs loss. Just a gut punch after a total choke. Pat genuinely looked bizarre in the second half.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I wouldn’t even say that was a gut punch. That was a full on, second half choke job of epic proportions.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... himself-up

Wouldn't want the game to end this way but rules are rules. I thought this was a potential fumble at the time. Officials response is definitely garbage.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That was what was so bizarre. Cinnci was pretty much ass too. Hard to accept the way they pissed down their leg. Mahomes. Yow. Epic.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Chiefs lost on a fluke play in overtime.
For fuck sakes, the Bengals are playing great football.
And, the Chiefs offensive line crumbled late in the game.

Take the gun out of your mouths, turn the oven off, have a Manhattan and realize that this was a fun Chiefs season
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Bengals didn't play well. Mahomes vomited on Dean Wormer. It was so bad it looked scripted. At least I didn't pay $1000 for seats. Mahomes tried to end OT on a pick six to Robinson. I would rather have lost last week than to half ass a game like this.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Let us just accept what happened. It is only a game,
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Let us just accept what happened. It is only a game,
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZHpERPF ... =copy_link

Why would she think spraying champagne all over other Chiefs fans was a good idea?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:07 pm https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... himself-up

Wouldn't want the game to end this way but rules are rules. I thought this was a potential fumble at the time. Officials response is definitely garbage.
Itd be nice to hear if they reviewed it and had an angle to show Mixon getting touched by a Chief to cause the tackle. Otherwise that, by rule, is a fumble. He clearly didnt give himself up, he fell over bc one if his own players -- at least not how the rules state you can give yourself up.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:54 am
Cascadia wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:07 pm https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... himself-up

Itd be nice to hear if they reviewed it and had an angle to show Mixon getting touched by a Chief to cause the tackle. Otherwise that, by rule, is a fumble. He clearly didnt give himself up, he fell over bc one if his own players -- at least not how the rules state you can give yourself up.
I don’t think he was touched. But, you’re never ever ever going to get that call (particularly through a review that would have ended because the whistle had been blown, the timing of which is not reviewable).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No.
You wont.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also I've found there are generally four types of sports fans when it comes to a team that looses that they arent affiliated with. "Interacted" with all four.

1. The troll/asshole. Shows up and just talks shit. Wasnt there when you were winning, just there for the loss. This was my older cousin, a colts fan, who only texts after the Chiefs lose, and a coworker, who is a light Pat's fan. "Uh oh" and "they blew it" and gifs of people eating popcorn. These are the worst.

2. The analyst. The person that shows up describing the game, breaking down the plays, ultimately giving credit to the winning team, and very quick to counter any officiating controversy, but sprinkling in messages about how great the game was or your team did. A coworker stating, "the bengals might pull a Chiefs to the Chiefs". These aren't great because they are ultimately there to remind you, you lost and will just discuss the other team ad nauseam if you respond, even if they have no dog in the fight.

3. The apologist. Thoughts and prayers guy. Got several of these. "Sorry man", "that's rough". These are fine. Some may want to rub it in a bit but most are sincere. Some of these will also actually text you after a big win.

4. The ghost. This is the best fan. They know they aren't fans of either team. They also know you're a fan of said team and you just lost. So they dont say anything. Theyll wait to see if you want to talk about it. Have a friend whom I talk sports with almost daily who is a Yankees, UNC fan. We have been practicing ghosting for years because we understand how to be a good fan.