Redshirt rules

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Redshirt rules

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:13 pm So, I'm not sure if the rest of you are being overly harsh on KJ or just not harsh enough on Charlie Moore.

Maybe the reason I'm harder on Moore is that he's getting more than twice the number of minutes.

I mean, I won't argue that Lawson has guard skills but he has a much higher assist rate than Moore.

(Damn, I was just looking at some advanced stats to support my argument, and Grimes numbers are bad....Really hoping that guy has turned the corner.)
Moore has been bad. If expectations for all players are set at 50, and on a 1-100 scale you're grading whether and by how much a player is performing against expectations, the rotation guys look something like this:

Dotson - 85
Vick - 50
Grimes - 20
Dedric - 40
Doke - N/A

Moore - 20
Garrett - 50
Lightfoot - 35
McCormack - 50
Silvio - F*** the NCAA

This is, in a nutshell, why the team has been so underwhelming.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

And yet, Jamari is making a good living playing basketball overseas. Beats living in a car.

Happy for him. That's an American success story. The type of Jayhawk even a non-alum can be proud of!
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:26 pm And yet, Jamari is making a good living playing basketball overseas. Beats living in a car.

Happy for him. That's an American success story. The type of Jayhawk even a non-alum can be proud of!
Jamari was and is a good story.
As for this Jayhawk, Darnell Jackson was also a young man to admire. Dude put in the work, and dealt with some horrible stuff.
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:49 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:26 pm And yet, Jamari is making a good living playing basketball overseas. Beats living in a car.

As for this Jayhawk, Darnell Jackson was also a young man to admire. Dude put in the work, and dealt with some horrible stuff.
Yes!

Jamari. D-block. TRob. All tear jerkers. All made the most of the terrible situations to become success stories.

Can throw Ben in there too.

Some of my favorites of all time.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:49 pm

I am, I said.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Tried posting a pic, now says I have to get moderator approval for posting a photo? Seriously? You have approved all the stupid fucking memes here?
I am, I said.
colbond

Post by colbond »

Soklous wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:14 pm Tried posting a pic, now says I have to get moderator approval for posting a photo? Seriously? You have approved all the stupid fucking memes here?
We've had a bunch of issues with spam and are trying to get some settings in place to help control it. You apparently are the lucky first user to embed an image after some of those changes. It's going to take a little bit to get things dialed in.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

colbond wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:43 pm
Soklous wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:14 pm Tried posting a pic, now says I have to get moderator approval for posting a photo? Seriously? You have approved all the stupid fucking memes here?
We've had a bunch of issues with spam and are trying to get some settings in place to help control it. You apparently are the lucky first user to embed an image after some of those changes. It's going to take a little bit to get things dialed in.
Pdub sucks
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:04 pm So excited for Agbaji. Bold move, Coach. We'll see how it works out. He was fun to watch in the exhibition season. Maybe we'll complete our first alley oop on the season.

God, now that I read my smart ass comment, is it a smart ass comment? Have we had one? Anyways, fingers crossed for Agbaji. I am a big fan of the young man.
Bump.
Deleted User 75

Take a moment to pat yourself on the back...impressive prediction.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:37 am Or! It’s just as much a testament to maybe Ochai is further along than anyone expected!
Nailed it.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ta da!

Now let’s hope I nailed it with the Dedrick poy thread too
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:21 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:13 pm So, I'm not sure if the rest of you are being overly harsh on KJ or just not harsh enough on Charlie Moore.

Maybe the reason I'm harder on Moore is that he's getting more than twice the number of minutes.

I mean, I won't argue that Lawson has guard skills but he has a much higher assist rate than Moore.

(Damn, I was just looking at some advanced stats to support my argument, and Grimes numbers are bad....Really hoping that guy has turned the corner.)
Moore has been bad. If expectations for all players are set at 50, and on a 1-100 scale you're grading whether and by how much a player is performing against expectations, the rotation guys look something like this:

Dotson - 85
Vick - 50
Grimes - 20
Dedric - 40
Doke - N/A

Moore - 20
Garrett - 50
Lightfoot - 35
McCormack - 50
Silvio - F*** the NCAA

This is, in a nutshell, why the team has been so underwhelming.
Ochai - 100
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

We need an Ochai thread. Could owner of this one please rename it?

Dude was composed. That impressed me more than the dunks and the triple. And learned from his mistake. Gave Noi too much space and got burned, never did it again. Communicated switches really well on D, something Grimes doesn't do, and probably was the reason he was in instead of Grimes in the last four minutes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Even before his 31 point, 14 rebound night - Dedric a 40?!
For me he's a 55.

Dotson - 89
Vick - 54
Grimes - 30
Dedric - 55
Dok - N/A or 55 when he was in

Moore - 30
Garrett - 40
Lightfoot - 35
McCormack - 45

Ochai - 95 so far
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:22 pm We need an Ochai thread. Could owner of this one please rename it?

Dude was composed. That impressed me more than the dunks and the triple. And learned from his mistake. Gave Noi too much space and got burned, never did it again. Communicated switches really well on D, something Grimes doesn't do, and probably was the reason he was in instead of Grimes in the last four minutes.
I think 'Redshirt rules' is fine actually.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yes, he does.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PortlandHawk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:03 am
Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:22 pm We need an Ochai thread. Could owner of this one please rename it?

I think 'Redshirt rules' is fine actually.
I believe though, as a technical matter, it is O'Doyle who rules.