“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Wiff

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Wiff »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:08 pm
zsn wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:07 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:34 pm There's some evidence that Omicron came to humans after infecting mice.

Helps explain why it accumulated so many mutations without having related strains detected in humans for so long...also many of the mutations in omicron make it more infectious in mice.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 2721003738
Not qualified sufficiently to understand the nuances of the publication, so I got lost quite early in the paper. Are the authors insinuating/alleging that the jump from mice to humans had any nefarious intervention/lab accident or was it strictly incidental?
no they don't suggest anything nefarious

Seems pretty nefarious to me.
Ain't no seats
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Wiff wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:34 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:08 pm
zsn wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:07 pm

Not qualified sufficiently to understand the nuances of the publication, so I got lost quite early in the paper. Are the authors insinuating/alleging that the jump from mice to humans had any nefarious intervention/lab accident or was it strictly incidental?
no they don't suggest anything nefarious

Seems pretty nefarious to me.
Same thing you do everyday.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Well that’s one way to court Trump voters.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Does anyone think that DeSantis had this done for actual medical reasons vs. his own political aspirations?

Me neither.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We are supposed to go back into the office on Monday.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i know the pandemic is supposed to be over, but…

deltacron
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

deltacron. did you just make that up.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:18 pm We are supposed to go back into the office on Monday.

We were just told Friday that most of us, including myself, can continue to WFH indefinitely, but will be expected to come into the office for certain events. I will probably start going in a few days a week starting in April just to get out of the house.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

shindig wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:08 am
jhawks99 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:18 pm We are supposed to go back into the office on Monday.

We were just told Friday that most of us, including myself, can continue to WFH indefinitely, but will be expected to come into the office for certain events. I will probably start going in a few days a week starting in April just to get out of the house.
Every day I wake up and do a math problem: is it worth trading an hour and a half of the day for the productivity and efficiency gains that come with being in the office as opposed to being at home.

Most days, home wins.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I think after next week I can go back to working from home. Unfortunately, I got put on the IT welcoming/tech support committee for the first week back in the office.
Defense. Rebounds.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:22 am I think after next week I can go back to working from home. Unfortunately, I got put on the IT welcoming/tech support committee for the first week back in the office.
Yeah we have some consultants coming in mid April for 3 days, so I’ll be in the office then. We’ve been working with them the last 3 months remotely, but probably haven’t been as efficient as working face to face. It’s a trade off. I don’t see the benefits of going in the office 5 days/week if most people on my floor are working remotely. My Director went in the office one day last week and he said there were only a couple people on our floor, on the opposite side of his office…lol
shindig

Post by shindig »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:18 am

Every day I wake up and do a math problem: is it worth trading an hour and a half of the day for the productivity and efficiency gains that come with being in the office as opposed to being at home.

Most days, home wins.
Yep. I find it beneficial a lot of times to just walk up/down a floor to talk to somebody face to face, but with WFH being an option for most, you don’t know if they’ll even be in the office.

It’s just going to be the new thing now. I don’t miss the drive, but I do get tired of being home all the freaking time..lol. And I seem to work more now than pre-Covid.
Last edited by shindig on Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

shindig wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:20 pm

Most days, home wins.
Yep. I find it beneficial a lot of times to just walk up/down a floor to talk to somebody face to face, but with WFH being an option for most, you don’t know if they’ll even be in the office.

It’s just going to be the new thing now. I don’t miss the drive, but I do get tired of being home all the freaking time..lol.
I go in 0-3 days/week, and I'd say I'm in the office much more often than the people I work directly with the most. I'd go in a lot more if those other people were in more.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

shindig wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:20 pm

Most days, home wins.

It’s just going to be the new thing now. I don’t miss the drive, but I do get tired of being home all the freaking time..lol.
I've been back to work in office for quite a while. The face to face communication doesn't just resume immediately, at least in my case, it's just now starting to happen again. There were a lot of closed offices and people who would leave any time they didn't NEED to be in person.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Example #438,652,391 of how the United States is still clueless in regards to dealing with Covid - 2+ years later.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbDbAlVunbu/?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.