OFFICIAL MELTDOWN THREAD

Kansas Basketball.
Qusdahl

Re: OFFICIAL MELTDOWN THREAD

Post by Qusdahl »

If Wiggins goes on to be like a 8x all star in a bunch of Gatorade commercials and some more hardware too, it may not hurt to put him up there

Embiid, perhaps even more so
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:09 am If Wiggins goes on to be like a 8x all star in a bunch of Gatorade commercials and some more hardware too, it may not hurt to put him up there

disagree

there are other, better ways to celebrate them
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Rafters should be what you did at KU.
Somewhere else can be for what you did after.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

We almost need like a 2 tier jersey to the rafters system at this point.

1 for the wilt, Danny, generational type players that should be remembered forever.

And another for the perry Ellis type guys. That were good college players but we have another guy just as good every 2 years. And im still not sure perry fits that criteria
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Maybe best case scenario is naming practice facilities after Wiggs and Embiid after they donate millions to the program.

Cafeteria can be named after Sherron and Withey for bad habit deterrents.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:09 am If Wiggins goes on to be like a 8x all star in a bunch of Gatorade commercials and some more hardware too, it may not hurt to put him up there

I mean thats a good reason to have one of their college highlights in the pregame intro video but their jerseys will never belong in the rafters
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:14 am Maybe best case scenario is naming practice facilities after Wiggs and Embiid after they donate millions to the program.

What what Withey’s vice?

Besides playboy bunnies…

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

I used to go to the chick-fil-a at the underground and ask for the “Sherron:”

2x chikn biscuits, 6 pc nuggs, 10 pc nuggs, chikfila sammich, spicy sammich, and 2x chikn biscuits, all smothered in Polynesian sauce.

Then, for dessert, a crunchy chicken cheddar wrap.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:16 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:14 am Maybe best case scenario is naming practice facilities after Wiggs and Embiid after they donate millions to the program.

What what Withey’s vice?

Besides playboy bunnies…
Not a vice--Hudy and the program stupidly tried to fatten Jeff up when he got to campus. This was back when the athletes shared a cafeteria--had a couple friends on the softball team tell me that Jeff was mandated to eat at the cafeteria for all 3 meals and a trainer would sit next to him and make sure he kept eating and eating until hitting the calorie/food goal for each meal. His diet regimen was also talked about in the media.

It hindered his progression and he kept getting hurt. Once they stopped the nonsense, he flourished.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Ah.

Contrast that with Sherron, who couldn’t even walk into the underground without gaining 15 pounds.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There are display cases in the museum.
If there's a display case for 2010-20, Perry and Wiggins can have a feature of some type in there.
And I like the NBA jersey idea, somewhere in a hall.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:20 am I used to go to the chick-fil-a at the underground and ask for the “Sherron:”

2x chikn biscuits, 6 pc nuggs, 10 pc nuggs, chikfila sammich, spicy sammich, and 2x chikn biscuits, all smothered in Polynesian sauce.

Then, for dessert, a crunchy chicken cheddar wrap.
I have said here before that I worked at the student union at KU for 2-3 years and all of the basketball players' diets were horrible. Probably escaping out of the cafeteria. Burger King and Pizza Hut for days.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mrs. E's was actually decent though.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Mrs. E’s lol.

My roommate would go there, bring an apple to go, hollow it out and smoke some herb out of it behind the dorm, eat the apple, then go back to Mrs. E’s.

eating the apple was of course multi-purpose, in that it both satisfied the munchies and also destroyed the evidence of paraphernalia.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm confused.
Why would he be trying to satisfy the munchies with an apple when he had at least eight stations at Mrs. E's ( pizza, pasta, chinese, sub sandwiches, salad, 24/7 cereal and rotating mains ).
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Cuz he had to destroy the paraphernalia too bro!

But yeah the apple was just a precursor to the big meal. An app. An amaas booche, or whatever.

By the end of freshman year I mostly just ate cereal there.
Last edited by Qusdahl on Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:08 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:00 am
pdub wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:15 am Perry hangs out with your Kevin Pritchards, Rex Walters, Keith Langfords, Tyshawn Taylors of the world.
Great Jayhawks, just not good enough to be up there.

They retired Cole's jersey. I don't think he deserved to have it retired.
I was pretty on the fence with Marcus Morris as well.

So, for me, if Cole can't make it, and Marcus Morris can't make it, Perry definitely can't make it.
Kind of where I was then and am now...once they made it then I started to think maybe Perry could too...but I'd say Perry is a close miss for me.

Wiggins is the one I am curious to see about.
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:00 am
KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:56 am no he didn’t, and he isn’t getting into the rafters
LOL

There is a decent chance he will end up in the rafters. Concensus AA and 3x all big 12. Plus he's up there on the all time scoring and rebounds lists.
:lol:
Reading is fundamental.

Me thinking he has a decent chance doesn't equal me thinking he deserves to go up there.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:33 am

Kind of where I was then and am now...once they made it then I started to think maybe Perry could too...but I'd say Perry is a close miss for me.

LOL

There is a decent chance he will end up in the rafters. Concensus AA and 3x all big 12. Plus he's up there on the all time scoring and rebounds lists.
Reading is fundamental.

Me thinking he has a decent chance doesn't equal me thinking he deserves to go up there.
He didn't achieve any of the things that seem to be the requirement for getting his jersey hung. 1st Team AA, Big 12 PoY, National Defensive PoY, etc... so I am not sure why he would.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:15 am

I mean thats a good reason to have one of their college highlights in the pregame intro video but their jerseys will never belong in the rafters
This.

There are plenty of other ways to honor such players and highlight that they went to Kansas.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:33 am

LOL

Reading is fundamental.

ok
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?