Christian Braun

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Christian Braun

Post by KUTradition »

well-played, Sparko
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Remember when we had White Black and Greene on the same roster
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm not sure we have made enough out of the fact that CB went 4/4 from the field and 2/2 from 3 last night.

Like, WTF man?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

How many of those attempts were with Yesufu in the game?

I thought the offense looked stagnant, too much holding the ball. When Yesufu came in the defense was being forced to shift, often with his half drives where he'd penetrate and kick it out. The defense starts moving, opportunities open up, even if it is three or four passes away.

CB doesn't seem to be great against a set defense. This team doesn't have the quick-twitch athletes to play iso ball.

I've been defending Harris all season. But I think his performance last night is getting more praise than deserved. Individual points are overrated.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I notice the quicker movement when we have DH AND Yes in together for sure. I can't say that I notice the offense moving better with Yes in instead of DH. In fact probably the opposite most of the time.

DH puts up good assist numbers. I think the offense moves well with him in there. Especially this year when he is attacking a bit more.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:49 pm I notice the quicker movement when we have DH AND Yes in together for sure. I can't say that I notice the offense moving better with Yes in instead of DH. In fact probably the opposite most of the time.

DH puts up good assist numbers. I think the offense moves well with him in there. Especially this year when he is attacking a bit more.
I don't disagree with that
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:03 pm I'm not sure we have made enough out of the fact that CB went 4/4 from the field and 2/2 from 3 last night.

Like, WTF man?
His box score pissed me off the most last night, and it's not terribly close. If he realizes what he can actually do, this team is really good. Instead, we're just kind of good if he shoots it 4 times and makes every shot.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:01 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:03 pm I'm not sure we have made enough out of the fact that CB went 4/4 from the field and 2/2 from 3 last night.

Like, WTF man?
His box score pissed me off the most last night, and it's not terribly close. If he realizes what he can actually do, this team is really good. Instead, we're just kind of good if he shoots it 4 times and makes every shot.
Exactly, his passiveness makes us a worse team.

It makes it to where we need 10 points from Dajuan, and that’s a recipe for a second round exit.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

This team will go only as far as CB's swagger takes us in the tourney. Especially considering the possibility of an Och off-night.
Ain't no seats
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

Also, last night was the least fun I have had watching a KU win in a long time.
Ain't no seats
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

less fun than tuesday?

i will say this…this team has definitely aged me more than most
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Mjl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:54 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:49 pm I notice the quicker movement when we have DH AND Yes in together for sure. I can't say that I notice the offense moving better with Yes in instead of DH. In fact probably the opposite most of the time.

I think the rotation needs to basically be (and tbh already is becoming) DH and Yes together sometimes, 1 always in, no "hurt" remy or JCL at all, as much CB Och and JW as they can possibly take. And as much Dave as possible. Whatever Dave can't handle (which some games will be alot unfortunately) you go with mitch KJ or Clemence. All 3. Mix it up. Clemence has to be guarded differently than the rest. Make defenses play to scouting report. Give them enough rope to hang themselves occasionally maybe.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It's fun peaking in December.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:15 pm less fun than tuesday?

He said a win
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:23 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:15 pm less fun than tuesday?

He said a win
good call…my mistake
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:21 pm
Mjl wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:54 pm

I think the rotation needs to basically be (and tbh already is becoming) DH and Yes together sometimes, 1 always in, no "hurt" remy or JCL at all, as much CB Och and JW as they can possibly take. And as much Dave as possible. Whatever Dave can't handle (which some games will be alot unfortunately) you go with mitch KJ or Clemence. All 3. Mix it up. Clemence has to be guarded differently than the rest. Make defenses play to scouting report. Give them enough rope to hang themselves occasionally maybe.
I like the idea of as much Dave as his foot can handle. And when a different big is in, its whoever is the better match up. Think that's kind of what self is doing. All 3 give us a different look
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The ball moves more with dajuan but less effectively because other teams don't take dajuan seriously. So when dajuan is in his man is sagging off playing a ton of help defensive. It makes the court easier to defend cause the defense keys in on the other 4 (emphasis on och) and doesn't really worry about harris

When Yesufu comes in it stretches the floor. His man comes out to guard him, and yesefu is elite level quick so its easy for him to get past his man and make the defense start shifting. Which opens up our shooters.

Where yesefu fucks up is sometimes when he beats his man and looks to score too much. But when he beats his man and looks for shooters it opens our offense up

So yes, when dajuan is in the ball moves more. When yesefu is in, the ball moves more effectively. The effectiveness stems from his quickness. His ability to beat his man creates an advantage for the offense because then the ball moves after the defense is already shifting.

Dajuan is a better decision maker at this point because he is more comfortable out there. But yesefus quickness adds another dimension to our offense that harris just isn't capable of
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Basically that's why quite a few of us feels yesefu's quickness gives this team a lot more upside than dajuans steadiness will ever give us

A quick guard that can get past his man and get a defense off balance is about as important as anything
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Passed 1000 points last night, I believe.

Going to be an underrated 3-year career.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Would be sad if he left.
But I get it.
Let’s hope he sends us off with a good game.

Maybe the biggest shot of the game last night.