Deleted User 75

Re: Green New Deal

Post by Deleted User 75 »

DC bringing the pain!
Deleted User 75

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:56 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:12 am Amember the Paris Agreement?

We’re the ones not following suit.
And yet the only ones whose emissions have gone down.

Yay us!
Wonder if anyone will respond to this ?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:12 am Amember the Paris Agreement?

We’re the ones not following suit.

Yay us!
We are supposed to be an example setter and set the bar, not lean on some lame excuse of "but they didn't do it so we quit".

Trump's excuses are a series of statements of varying levels of truth. None of them actually represent why he pulled us out of it.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:07 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Yay us!
We are supposed to be an example setter and set the bar, not lean on some lame excuse of "but they didn't do it so we quit".

Trump's excuses are a series of statements of varying levels of truth. None of them actually represent why he pulled us out of it.
What a completely bassackwards reading of the situation.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:59 am
zsn wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:54 am Simple question to all you conservatives: would you expend less fuel to accomplish a particular task or willingly expend more, because all the liberals tend be generally more fuel-efficient?
wut?
Doh, didn't reread after multiple edits: what I meant was would be willingly expend more just to tick-off the liberals who are advocating for fuel efficiency or would you also take the more fuel efficient option? This the similar to "I know that a smaller hybrid car gives me 45 mpg and I will spend less money per month commuting to work, but by golly, leeebrals drive such cars, so I am going to buy and drive a Hummer"
Deleted User 75

Twocoach Conveniently not responding to the US being the only country whose emissions have gone down.....and also not wanting to discuss the India and China aspects you (DC) mentioned....

Hmmm....that doesn't seem very genuine. And that's a predictable non-response that worthwhile comments from DC often seem to bring from select posters on the poli-bored.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:15 pm Twocoach Conveniently not responding to the US being the only country whose emissions have gone.....and also not wanting to discuss the India and China aspects you (DC) mentioned....

Hmmm....that doesn't seem very genuine. And that's a predictable non-response that worthwhile comments from DC often seem to bring from select posters on the poli-bored.
I long ago took your advice and utilized the "Ignore" feature to no longer have DC's content show on my screen because the vast majority of his content is a condescending putdown that adds nothing to the conversation.

He doesn't need a cheerleader, he thinks highly enough of himself.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:09 pm
zsn wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:54 am Simple question to all you conservatives: would you expend less fuel to accomplish a particular task or willingly expend more, because all the liberals tend be generally more fuel-efficient?
wut?
Doh, didn't reread after multiple edits: what I meant was would be willingly expend more just to tick-off the liberals who are advocating for fuel efficiency or would you also take the more fuel efficient option? This the similar to "I know that a smaller hybrid car gives me 45 mpg and I will spend less money per month commuting to work, but by golly, leeebrals drive such cars, so I am going to buy and drive a Hummer"
As I've said here before, I grew up with alternative energy research putting food on my table and shoes on my feet. I think it's important and valuable. I also think fossil fuels are dirty and ultimately less efficient than other sources of energy. Additionally, I try to make decisions for myself and my family based on our needs rather than politics.

At the same time, I also believe that if you scratch a green, you'll find red underneath, which is to say that the real purpose of many environmental endeavors is to control behavior, not to save the planet. The GND is is very much along those lines. If they were serious, they wouldn't be pushing to eliminate nuclear -- a ZERO emissions energy source -- but rather to expand the use of microreactors.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

What to do with the nucular waist?
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:21 pm

wut?
As I've said here before, I grew up with alternative energy research putting food on my table and shoes on my feet. I think it's important and valuable. I also think fossil fuels are dirty and ultimately less efficient than other sources of energy. Additionally, I try to make decisions for myself and my family based on our needs rather than politics.

At the same time, I also believe that if you scratch a green, you'll find red underneath, which is to say that the real purpose of many environmental endeavors is to control behavior, not to save the planet. The GND is is very much along those lines. If they were serious, they wouldn't be pushing to eliminate nuclear -- a ZERO emissions energy source -- but rather to expand the use of microreactors.
I hear the Fukushima nuclear reactor has had some emissions.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm the vast majority of his content is a condescending putdown that adds nothing to the conversation.
That's a vast majority of your interactions with many people too.

Truthfully, the vast majority of the actual content DC posts is stuff that doesn't support your narrative....and it's probably not as fun for you to argue with him since he's actually informed and intelligent on these issues that seem to have some of you so worked up.....so instead you tell me how dumb I am (which, I've admitted is true, relative to a lot of the people on here....you and plano obviously excluded ;-) ).....which to me, it seems kind of chicken shit to have DC on ignore just because he doesn't agree with your political stances....but does seem similar to how our actual elected officials deal with each other some (most?) of the time, so there's that.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:23 pm What to do with the nucular waist?
You keep pushing forward toward fusion, which is no longer a pipe dream.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:26 pm

I heard that you're an idiot.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:26 pm I hear the Fukushima nuclear reactor has had some emissions.
twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm the vast majority of his content is a condescending putdown that adds nothing to the conversation.
Deleted User 75

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:30 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:23 pm What to do with the nucular waist?
You keep pushing forward toward fusion, which is no longer a pipe dream.
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:37 am
human innovation is an amazing, wondrous thing. it can solve most any problem if only given the opportunity (if we can get out of our own way)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:30 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:26 pm

I heard that you're an idiot.
Oh, burn!

If nuclear is a zero emissions power source then go drink a glass of river water downstream from Fukushima.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:15 pm Twocoach Conveniently not responding to the US being the only country whose emissions have gone down.....and also not wanting to discuss the India and China aspects you (DC) mentioned....

Do you hold both of DCs nuts at once?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:30 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:26 pm I hear the Fukushima nuclear reactor has had some emissions.
Good lord, grow up.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:38 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:30 pm
Good lord, grow up.
:-o
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:38 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:15 pm Twocoach Conveniently not responding to the US being the only country whose emissions have gone down.....and also not wanting to discuss the India and China aspects you (DC) mentioned....

Do you hold both of DCs nuts at once?
Wonder if twocoach has plano on ignore?