Dave saved us

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Dave saved us

Post by pdub »

We can cross our fingers and hope we get good Dave for a stretch of important games.
We also very much need to cross our fingers and hope that Ochai starts shooting better in March ( 13-47, 27.6% ).
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

yeah, Och's numbers are down.

Teams have figured out to overplay him on D, often even just beat the shit out of him, basically daring refs to whistle.

And defensively overplaying a conference-POY type scorer only gets easier when that kinda player has a teammate who teams can gamble on not guarding as close cuz he's not much of a scoring threat at all.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:57 am We can cross our fingers and hope we get good Dave for a stretch of important games.
We also very much need to cross our fingers and hope that Ochai starts shooting better in March ( 13-47, 27.6% ).
I just do not fucking understand how he's been here for four years and is incapable of catching the ball and putting it up.

Lots of big guys struggle with it. Cole comes to mind.

But they fucking learn.

Between turnovers and missed bunnies, we lose 5+ possessions per game to his catch-gather-dribble-shoot bullshit.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

not making a joke, but does he have small hands?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I always wondered that, too, but now I'm convinced that his hands are made of cast iron.