Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
Qusdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by Qusdahl »

So you’re saying US military training and weapons into Ukraine for at least the last 8 years is not “looking out” for them? Yeah, I would’ve preferred a more diplomatic and humanitarian approach, if anything, too.

Other countries invade other other countries all the time. Why’s this one specifically got us in such a fuss? Or got us over $2.5 billion in the hole?
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

There hasn't been an invasion of a country by another country in like 5 years.

And this situation is closer to the US joining WWII than it is an example of policing the world.

Did you support Hitler's attempt to conquer europe as much as you do Putin's? Should we have just minded out business while he invaded Poland and France? I mean...we kinda did at first and it had disastrous consequences.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:44 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:26 am
Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:21 am I’m not as familiar with those names but I’ll try to read up. And if they’re Russian Nazis, like I said, fuck them too.

While I like the idea of sanctions as a nonviolent means of leverage, I also hear they may affect average people more than anyone.

McDonald’s and fast food, for instance, were late to the party as far as shutting down operations in Russia.

And while we should leverage Russia if we can right now, ideally nonviolently, if an order of Big Macs is the difference between a Russian family can eat dinner, it seems like much more of a double edged sword.

I did just see McDonald’s is shutting down but still paying Russian employees….holy shit, I dunno if they’d even do that for Merican employees!
Unfortunately for them, it's not our job to look out for the Russian people.
I don’t disagree.

If one may ask, then, is it Merica’s job to “look out” for the Ukrainian people?

Either way, the whole role of Team America World Police is quite the can of worms.
There is no Team America World Police going on here.

While there have been principled reasons for our involvement (such as it has been), there are also practical ones. Specifically, and unfortunately for Ukraine and its citizens, having a west-leaning buffer between NATO (as it is comprised today) and a belligerent Putin serves our interests.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Russia bombed a Children's Hospital today...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:43 pm Russia bombed a Children's Hospital today...
Either they're extremely clumsy or they are more ruthless than ever imagined with a dictator that is pressing. Probably a bit of both.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

That’s awful.

How do we try to prevent war crimes from happening? Or account for war crimes after the fact?

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Maybe we quit making up stories about nazis as a justification?
Just Ledoux it
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

What stories have I made up?

Are Getty and NATO Twitter accounts just more Russian propaganda now too?

Or do you wanna go out on a limb and say any concern about “Hitler’s attempt to conquer Europe” is actually Phd parroting Putin?

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:00 pm That’s awful.

How do we try to prevent war crimes from happening? Or account for war crimes after the fact?
https://icc-cpi.int/about

on second thought tho, that’s probably just comprised of pentagon apologists and sycophants…amiright?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:04 pm There hasn't been an invasion of a country by another country in like 5 years.

And this situation is closer to the US joining WWII than it is an example of policing the world.

Did you support Hitler's attempt to conquer europe as much as you do Putin's? Should we have just minded out business while he invaded Poland and France? I mean...we kinda did at first and it had disastrous consequences.
What constitutes “invasion?” Only boots on the ground? Does bombing count too?

And I’m so disappointed I really still have to keep doing this, but:

I don’t support Putin’s bullshit here. Not one bit! Fuck him. And fuck Hitler and fuck Nazis.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:24 pm What stories have I made up?

Or do you wanna go out on a limb and say any concern about “Hitler’s attempt to conquer Europe” is actually Phd parroting Putin?
do YOU believe. You. No replying by positing endless and unanswerable, open ended queries or links to the same posited by Twitter users.

Do YOU believe that the potential (proven?) existence of neo nazis within the Ukraine forces... justifies Russias invasion?

Is Russia rescuing Ukraine from these supremacists?
Just Ledoux it
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:35 pm
Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:00 pm That’s awful.

https://icc-cpi.int/about

on second thought tho, that’s probably just comprised of pentagon apologists and sycophants…amiright?
Isn’t that the same ICC that W didn’t want to be a part of? More or less. And not that I even wanna bring it up, for fear of moving goalposts or whatever.

But for real, how does that Court actually do anything? Just like subpoena Putin or any other nutjob? As if they’re gonna show up for the trial and everything?

Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:39 pm

do YOU believe. You. No replying by positing endless and unanswerable, open ended queries or links to the same posited by Twitter users.

Do YOU believe that the potential (proven?) existence of neo nazis within the Ukraine forces... justifies Russias invasion?

NO I DO NOT BELIEVE THE RUSSIAN INVASION IS JUSTIFIED IVE SAID IT A THOUSAND DIFFERENT TIMES NOW

Again, again, both of these things can be true:

- fuck Putin fuck the Russian invasion fuck those fucking fucks over and over

- Ukraine has a nazi problem regardless.

That is, unless, you want to say Nazis are not a problem. But I sure as shit don’t. Again again again, FUCK NAZIS TOO

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i don’t understand your obsession with nazis in Ukraine
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:44 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:39 pm

NO I DO NOT BELIEVE THE RUSSIAN INVASION IS JUSTIFIED IVE SAID IT A THOUSAND DIFFERENT TIMES NOW

Again, again, both of these things can be true:

- fuck Putin fuck the Russian invasion fuck those fucking fucks over and over

- Ukraine has a nazi problem regardless.

That is, unless, you want to say Nazis are not a problem. But I sure as shit don’t. Again again again, FUCK NAZIS TOO
you continually go back to that origin thought. This is why I ask.

why else bring up your Getty image?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:47 pm i don’t understand your obsession with nazis in Ukraine
social media assures him its an undisputed fact.
Just Ledoux it
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Never in a million years did I imagine I’d have to explain to you guys why Nazis might be a problem.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:10 pm Never in a million years did I imagine I’d have to explain to you guys why Nazis might be a problem.
but why specifically those in Ukraine, right now?
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Is there any way for me to explain this without being dismissed as a Russian spam bot?

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Qusdahl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:10 pm Never in a million years did I imagine I’d have to explain to you guys why Nazis might be a problem.
who's arguing otherwise?
Just Ledoux it