GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by jfish26 »

I'm beginning to become less rigid on not doing certain things that might be considered escalatory, like direct provision of heavy equipment, etc. The fact is that Putin is lying to Russians about absolutely everything; he's GOING to lie about our/NATO's involvement, whatever it is. He also will not give any good-faith reciprocation to any good-faith efforts to limit direct involvement.

I understood not giving him any pretense prior to the beginning of the war, but that's good money after bad at this point. Unfortunately for Ukrainians, NATO has a strong interest in the fight being on Ukrainian soil (and Ukraine not becoming part of Russian).
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Can we stop pretending the current events in Ukraine aren’t a direct result of planning between Putin and Trump?

Is it supposed to be a coincidence that Putin clearly did his part in getting Trump elected?

Is it supposed to be a coincidence that immediately after, Trump starts throwing shade at Ukraine? Upsetting the NATO alliance?

A supposed coincidence that Trump shut down military aid and money to Ukraine?

A supposed coincidence that Russia invaded Ukraine a year or so later?

Donald Trump is the worst thing that this country has done to itself since slavery
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

No bro, Q says any attempt at context or root causes are not allowed in this thread.

Ukraine good, Russia bad, that’s all there is to it, it’s crystal clear. And this all happened spontaneously, on a whim, for no other reason than like, Putin woke up on the wrong side of the bed or sumptin one day.

But if you really wanna go down the rabbit hole, look up “Operation Aerodynamic.” Turns out Ukraine has been a pawn in some big imperial cock measuring contest for a long time yet.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

U.S. Sending Soviet Air Defense Systems It Secretly Acquired to Ukraine

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/u-s-se ... 1647878422
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Putin says he wants to attend the G20 in Indonesia. The some in the G20 say maybe they don't want him there. Putin says he plans to go regardless.

It is in October I think and no one can say if there is still an impasse in Ukraine by that point, but if the war is still ongoing would Putin risk leaving his bunker? How large will the bounty be for his head by then, $1B doesn't seem far fetched? Who flies Putin's planes? What would it take to buy the security in Indonesia?

I think the G20 would be wise to invite him, to "encourage" him to come to Indonesia.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

just got off a global comms meeting. company is donating tens of millions of antidotes to biological weapons (vx, ricin, etc)

glad to be part of a company that is willing to do such things
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So Ukraine flooded the areas around Kyiv. Kinda genius to prevent any advances.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Found this site to have some pretty interesting details with daily updates on progress and changes. https://www.understandingwar.org/
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

An interesting statement out of Moscow.

In an announcement that appeared to indicate more limited goals, the Russian Defence Ministry said a first phase of its operation was complete and it would now focus on two eastern regions claimed by Russian-backed separatists.

"The main objectives of the first stage of the operation have generally been accomplished," said Sergei Rudskoi, head of the Russian General Staff's Main Operational Directorate.

"The combat potential of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has been considerably reduced, which ... makes it possible to focus our core efforts on achieving the main goal, the liberation of Donbass."

So was the goal of the "first phase" of the operation to humiliate Putin, strengthen NATO membership and destroy the Russian economy for decades? Maybe we can sell Putin our old banner so he could hang it on the Kremlin?

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s like moving the goalposts when your initial argument fails
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:34 am it’s like moving the goalposts when your initial argument fails
That's called "The Illy"
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:06 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:34 am it’s like moving the goalposts when your initial argument fails
That's called "The Illy"
people are gonna wonder if one of us is a sock
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

#we’reallsocks

(are apostrophes even allowed in hashtags?)
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

When will mich and illy realize that this place is just 75 pdub sucks?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

One more reason to declare victory and move out of Ukraine. Standing around tanks is dangerous as fuck.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-sold ... 18169.html
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:48 pm When will mich and illy realize
Haha