Remy Martin postseason

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Remy Martin postseason

Post by randylahey »

He needs to play 30 minutes a game from here on out. Dajuan thank you for all you've done this season you were a stable steadying force. But it is time. Remy is back
randylahey

Re: Remy Martin postseason

Post by randylahey »

Take away Remy from this Creighton game and where would we be
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Still better than Scott Drew.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

This will always be the Remy season. Either he took us all the way or we crashed in the Sweet 16 because he went 2/11 vs Providence. Our most important player.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:24 pm Take away Remy from this Creighton game and where would we be
Back in Lawrence, for good.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hasbeen wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:11 am This will always be the Remy season. Either he took us all the way or we crashed in the Sweet 16 because he went 2/11 vs Providence. Our most important player.
Dont think that's fair....We wouldn't be in the tournament without Ochai.

Hes disappeared yes...but, I mean.
the dudes been pretty important all year.
Just Ledoux it
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

Ochai has been the focus of every team's defense, almost exclusively trying to deny him even catching the ball, for at least the second half of the season. How well does the rest of the team do game in and game out without him drawing the other team's best defender/and the attention of other defenders looking to help on him?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Exactly.
Good on Remy for taking the open shots and lanes they were giving him ( Creighton adjusted some after he scored his first 8 ) but the focus was denying Ochai ( and doubling DMac ). Martin took that a ran with it and had his best game for us.

McDermott admitted that DMac was fresh on their minds from what he did to them last season.

“We wanted to pick someone that we could help off of…I’m not a huge analytics guy but we chose Harris…I decided before the game we were going to stick with it when Martin came in…obviously a mistake on my part.”
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Remy is certainly the x factor. He keeps playing well other teams won't be able to focus on ochai the way theyve tried
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

for all the good rm did in the first half, he was equally as bad in the second.

survive and advance.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:34 am
hasbeen wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:11 am This will always be the Remy season. Either he took us all the way or we crashed in the Sweet 16 because he went 2/11 vs Providence. Our most important player.

Right, Och is our best player. He commands attention and is the focal point of the other team's defensive strategy. That's why Remy is our most important player. Dave can't hit a layup. Braun just disappears. Jalen is either elite or terrible. Remy is an effective out of structure scorer, which is needed when Och is taken away or struggling with his shot.

Saying that about Remy isn't controversial. Bill's said something similar twice in the last few days.

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:39 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:34 am

Right, Och is our best player. He commands attention and is the focal point of the other team's defensive strategy. That's why Remy is our most important player. Dave can't hit a layup. Braun just disappears. Jalen is either elite or terrible. Remy is an effective out of structure scorer, which is needed when Och is taken away or struggling with his shot.

Saying that about Remy isn't controversial. Bill's said something similar twice in the last few days.
Spot on.

This personnel has always needed a guy that can score a point in the halfcourt by himself out of nowhere on what would otherwise be a low percentage shot/drive. When teams slow this group (w/o remy) down in the halfcourt, late in the shot clock, it is almost always end in an empty possession. This goes into last season but even this season this team had like 13 and 10 minute scoring droughts when Remy was out hurt.

That's why I said about a year ago, of all the available transfer PG's, Remy was exactly what the doctor ordered for this personnel.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think Bill knew we didn't need Remy until single-elimination time. I watched the McDermott presser and he confessed that they were not playing on Harris and were late to adjust. There isn't anyone you can focus on with the Remy line-up. Wilson will even eat you up with streak shooting or hustle drives and finishes. Kind of brilliant. "Oh yeah, they have that Globetrotter guy too--what's his name? Cognac or something." Heh. It has usually been the Caleb Green factor working against us.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Sparko wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:54 pm I think Bill knew we didn't need Remy until single-elimination time. I watched the McDermott presser and he confessed that they were not playing on Harris and were late to adjust. There isn't anyone you can focus on with the Remy line-up. Wilson will even eat you up with streak shooting or hustle drives and finishes. Kind of brilliant. "Oh yeah, they have that Globetrotter guy too--what's his name? Cognac or something." Heh. It has usually been the Caleb Green factor working against us.
Yep, that's the best part of the Remy lineup. Even if he has a stinker here soon with poor shooting, he has to be accounted for, which isn't the case with every lineup we throw out there.

- lobser
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Washington Generals certainly agree with us.