Cascadia

Re: Mahomie

Post by Cascadia »

I’d rather play the Patriots as well. Gutter is a fucking tool
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Chiefs are the number 1 Seed after playing a ridiculously hard road schedule. You want to play New England at home, and now we have it. Torch passing seems right this year.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I’d rather play NE as well. They are AWFUL on the road. Just awful.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

"You come at the king, you best not miss."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:19 pm I’d rather play NE as well. They are AWFUL on the road. Just awful.
What KC could really use is a VERY windy day.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Just looked at the weather - obviously a lot can change but it is looking bitterly cold.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:57 pm "You come at the king, you best not miss."
Omar Little
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Use the same blueprint that the Broncos used a few years back. Pressure, pressure and more pressure. Hit him early and often and Brady becomes a different QB. He fades away on throws. Doesn’t step into throws.
Same thing as the Colts game. Get out to a lead early, put Brady in obvious passing situations and let the dogs loose.
Another thing to watch is the health of O’Daniel. He could be critical in trying to stop James White.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ugh.
The Pats fans up here.
Help me make it through the week.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hopefully the snow is just Saturday and doesn't stay for Sunday.
Snow v the Colts was fine.
Snow v the Pats? Don't want.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:22 pm Just looked at the weather - obviously a lot can change but it is looking bitterly cold.
Yeah. Insanely cold. Like Chiefs/Raiders Thursday game from a couple of years ago when the temp at game time was in the single digits.

Obviously could change, but just 2 hours away, it's going to be a blustery day in Wichita. So cold and windy if I had a guess. Plays right into the Chiefs hands, I would think. Strong armed QB. Home Field advantage.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:17 pm Use the same blueprint that the Broncos used a few years back. Pressure, pressure and more pressure. Hit him early and often and Brady becomes a different QB. He fades away on throws. Doesn’t step into throws.
Chiefs did a great job of blitzing Luck on Saturday and it showed with not many passes traveling more than 15 yards in the air. Think they'll do the same on Sunday. Brady is more jittery in the pocket than Luck is.

Chargers didn't have any pressure in the middle of the line yesterday, and that let Brady have a field day against those 7 DBs with short passes to Gronk and the RBs out of the backfield.

Chris Jones basically takes up the middle of the OL and lets Houston and Ford do their thing on the edges.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Get out to a two score lead and the game will dramatically change. NE could say the same thing. They want to run Michel and get White on the Chiefs LBs.
If the Chiefs can get pressure with four and drop everyone else that would be the ideal scenario.

Interesting of note (if you believe in the metrics, etc) : According to DVOA, the Pats defense is #1 at home. On the road they are 31st.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Patriots will be in big trouble if they need Brady to put it in the air 15+ yards downfield very much.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:39 am Get out to a two score lead and the game will dramatically change. NE could say the same thing. They want to run Michel and get White on the Chiefs LBs.
If the Chiefs can get pressure with four and drop everyone else that would be the ideal scenario.

Interesting of note (if you believe in the metrics, etc) : According to DVOA, the Pats defense is #1 at home. On the road they are 31st.
Yes. They are awful on the road.. 3-5 Plus, in KC they are something like 3-11-1 or something.

Losses on the road are to Jags, Lions, Titans, Dolphins and Steelers. All subpar teams outside of Pittsburgh. One impressive road win at Chicago, but that was kind of before Chicago hit their stride. Other than that, it's been blah for them on the road.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:05 am Patriots will be in big trouble if they need Brady to put it in the air 15+ yards downfield very much.
Huge trouble. That means longer dropbacks, which means more time for pressure to get to him. And plus outside of Gronk, NE doesn't have a real big deep threat. Hogan aint it anymore.

Chiefs really need DOD to be healthy and playing this week.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:22 pm Just looked at the weather - obviously a lot can change but it is looking bitterly cold.
In further regards to the conditions on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/ryanmaue/status/108 ... 08609?s=21

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ought to be one for the ages

brothers and i decided to go if we can find tix for the right price
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke