OFFICIAL FINAL FOUR THREAD

Kansas Basketball.
Back2Lawrence

Re: OFFICIAL FINAL FOUR THREAD

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:58 pm For sure.
Give me Rois former team.
I hope they blow out Coach K.
It’s dumb to think we’d want (as fans) any game other than Coach K’s final game. Otherwise…..the storyline goes that Carolina was too exhausted to play KU (or fuck, Villanova) after their exhausting, everything left on the court, 288th matchup with the omnipresent and omniscient Coach K.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I'd rather beat UNC than lose to Duke....but sure, if we are going to win, I'd rather win against Duke.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:14 pm
It’s dumb to think we’d want (as fans) any game other than Coach K’s final game. Otherwise…..the storyline goes that Carolina was too exhausted to play KU (or fuck, Villanova) after their exhausting, everything left on the court, 288th matchup with the omnipresent and omniscient Coach K.

I get it. But regardless of which team we might beat (the fates willing), all that would be latched onto in a sound bite would be "KU fought past Nova and the Tarheels".

The K stuff won't be the story in a year or two, no matter how hard he tries to change that.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I want to play UNC.

The K stuff might not be a story in a year or two, but it'll be the only story right now. And if K is in the title game, he'll be the primary story regardless of outcome.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:14 pm
I dont give a shit about the story. I just want the better match up of the two teams which is Carolina. I don't want a bunch of big tall Dukies thinking they are a team of destiny and going crazy on us. That would be awesome if UNC was so exhausted after battling Duke to pose a threat and KU steam rolled them. I would be 100% in favor of that.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

With Justin Moore being out, this could be huge. I kind of don't like this because people will complain about them not being at full power if we win.
GregOsterswag

Post by GregOsterswag »

Justin Moore officially out for Nova with a torn achilles. I hate that for him and Nova. 2nd leading scorers on a not particularly deep team, it's unquestionably a break for KU.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

Just a side note, HCBS has the happy smile for more than one rea$on, for this post season run his contract includes several incentive bonuses, including: $50,000 for a Big 12 regular season title, $25,000 for a Big 12 tournament title, $100,000 for Associated Press Coach of the Year honors, $50,000 for a postseason appearance, $100,000 for a Sweet 16 appearance, $150,000 for a Final Four appearance and $200,000 for an NCAA title. (as reported by KUsports.com)
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

GregOsterswag wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:46 pm Justin Moore officially out for Nova with a torn achilles. I hate that for him and Nova. 2nd leading scorers on a not particularly deep team, it's unquestionably a break for KU.
I knew it looked bad when it happened live
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't care as much about the story as the matchup.

I think Duke is better.
I'd rather play UNC.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:11 am I don't care as much about the story as the matchup.

I think Duke is better.
I'd rather play UNC.
+1
But I'll happily take whoever we get.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I just want to beat Villanova.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:19 am I just want to beat Villanova.
Yes. 1 game at a time.

I am so happy this team made the final four. This is about as likeable a group of guys as we have had. With minimal off court issues. Easy to cheer for these guys.

2 more wins from putting themselves into an elite group of KU teams!
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

This.

Villanova will undoubtedly dedicate the rest of their season to their fallen comrade; expect them to play juiced-up on Saturday...at least initially.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:23 am
Yes. 1 game at a time.

I am so happy this team made the final four. This is about as likeable a group of guys as we have had. With minimal off court issues. Easy to cheer for these guys.

Agreed. Frustrating from a basketball sense but the team is made up of guys who are very easy to cheer for. No knuckleheads.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I just want them to come out and play loose, confident and aggressive and give themselves a chance to win.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Maybe we can hit 18 freakin 3's in the first half.
Defense. Rebounds.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:56 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:23 am
Yes. 1 game at a time.

Agreed. Frustrating from a basketball sense but the team is made up of guys who are very easy to cheer for. No knuckleheads.
Also much easier to become emotionally invested in guys like CB Och and JW...and even DMac Mitch and DH who we all know have deficiencies in their games, but give their all for the name across their chest.

It's big time for this group of upperclassmen to achieve this. Not the most talented or most highly rated recruits. But they are a "team". And that matters.