Official Big 12 Game Thread #4 - KU @ Baylor

Kansas Basketball.
Mjl

Re: Official Big 12 Game Thread #4 - KU @ Baylor

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:11 pm
Mjl wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:42 pm I don't have a problem with the shot. I have a problem with him watching his shot instead of getting back on D and giving up a dunk because of it.

Agbaji either crashes or gets back. Grimes just stands there.
I've seen at least twice in Agbaji's 2 games where he jogged back on defense or didn't hardly get back at all after missed shots or turnovers...so I'm sure all of them are guilty of it occasionally. It's just easier to notice when you're looking for it from certain guys.
Yeah, it's noticeable because I am looking for it from Grimes, not because we were emphatically dunked on.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:54 pm Again, it could very well be a rhythm thing. He needs to do what he needs to do to make them, he's thinking too much already.

If his guy cherrypicks on every one of his shots, so be it, that's why Dotson is always designated to get back and it also opens up offensive boards. This seems like another old man proverb.
I haven't noticed the Dotson free safety thing, will look for it. Yeah, might be an old man thing, but yeah, I guess the game is evolving and some things need to be unlearned.

You think Agbaji crashing the offensive glass is a mistake or he is being told to do so?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:07 pm Graham and mason good to great defenders?

That's new.
I’m sure you come up with some excuse why you know more than B12 coaches and that postseason awards don’t mean anything but:

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle. ... =210776703
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

can illy go to .com?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Guess I forgot they got all big 12 defense.

Still don't think either were particularly great individual defenders compared to guys like RussRob, Releford, Rush, Jackson...but I won't argue with all big 12 awards because those are never wrong. They earned it.

Congrats!
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:18 am can illy go to .com?
Ya let's ban illy! Grab the pitchforks!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:28 am Guess I forgot they got all big 12 defense.

Still don't think either were particularly great individual defenders compared to guys like RussRob, Releford, Rush, Jackson...but I won't argue with all big 12 awards because those are never wrong. They earned it.

Congrats!
So...not being the all-time best is evidence against someone being good at something?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:57 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:54 pm Again, it could very well be a rhythm thing. He needs to do what he needs to do to make them, he's thinking too much already.

If his guy cherrypicks on every one of his shots, so be it, that's why Dotson is always designated to get back and it also opens up offensive boards. This seems like another old man proverb.
I haven't noticed the Dotson free safety thing, will look for it. Yeah, might be an old man thing, but yeah, I guess the game is evolving and some things need to be unlearned.

You think Agbaji crashing the offensive glass is a mistake or he is being told to do so?
Not for the most part, but he just didn’t recognize on Saturday the one situation where he wasn’t supposed to crash and it led to a dunk. No biggie, kid was just playing his ass off and he’ll learn.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:29 am
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:18 am can illy go to .com?
Ya let's ban illy! Grab the pitchforks!
you’re the one that confessed to being a troll in every thread that wasn’t about basketball or golf