Black Friday Game Thread: KU vs Dayton

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Black Friday Game Thread: KU vs Dayton

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

But we never shoulda been down to the last play against a 2-3 Atlantic 10 team either way.

But meh whatever. This is a good game to learn from. And a new game tomorrow!

Now are you gonna nut up and come be my wingman at the creek, or do I gotta cross my fingers and just hope 85 is already there?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No.
We shouldn't have.
That we can agree on.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:20 pm Why didn’t Dave realize the play was blown? And otherwise once again double down on thinking he’s Dirk.
The play wasn't "blown". The play was to get the ball to Dave exactly like we did. Remy was in the wrong spot but that wasn't the real issue. The real issue as i watch the replay is that harris was on the floor and the other team was smart enough to not even worry about guarding him at all. So they had 2 guys in the paint to bother Dave.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The play was blown...or the original intent was--he was supposed to get the ball earlier in the possession but Remy brought his defender between Dave and Braun--but Dave has gotten the ball out there before as a set play and has scored.

It doesn't help that Dejuans defender doesn't care about him in the least.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:26 am It doesn't help that Dejuans defender doesn't care about him in the least.
This.

As far as blown vs not blown, i don't consider it blown since the intent was to get Dave the ball and we did that.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:42 am
pdub wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:26 am It doesn't help that Dejuans defender doesn't care about him in the least.
This.

As far as blown vs not blown, i don't consider it blown since the intent was to get Dave the ball and we did that.
Do you hear yourself?

Getting it to a guy two feet from the basket is exactly the same as getting it to him 15 feet from the basket. That's what you just said.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Mjl wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:39 am
This.

Do you hear yourself?

Getting it to a guy two feet from the basket is exactly the same as getting it to him 15 feet from the basket. That's what you just said.
To be fair, that actually not what he said.

How long until tip off, this meltdown is lasting way too long.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

This.

Do you hear yourself?

well to be fair, Dave too thinks these two things are exactly the same.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:46 am

This.

Do you hear yourself?

To be fair, that actually not what he said.

How long until tip off, this meltdown is lasting way too long.
Again, you can't read.

The intent of the play was not "to get Dave the ball", it was to get him the ball near the basket with his man sealed. Leaving the second part off completely changes the meaning. Illy knows that, he's just being himself. You on the other hand...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well to be even more fair, Dave is about as likely to brick it from 2 feet as he is from 15…
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:46 am Well to be even more fair, Dave is about as likely to brick it from 2 feet as he is from 15…
Thing is, I don't think you're wrong. When he faced up there, if he just takes that midrange jumper, that would have probably been better than trying to bumrush his way to the hoop, even without 20 20 hindsight.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Thing with Dave is there is this narrative that he misses because he fades away. That's overdone.

Simien's go-to move was fake-left-shoulder-fade-over-right-shoulder. Arthur's was a spin move then fade. They were money.

The problem is moreso that Dave doesn't HAVE a go-to move
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Dayton won the tournament. 63-61. A very sloppy and erratic performance. Weirdly calm against KU. See it over and over again.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

It concerns me that it is November and KU has already lost a game when it has no track record of improving as a season progresses.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Leawood wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:13 pm It concerns me that it is November and KU has already lost a game when it has no track record of improving as a season progresses.
Is there an NIT this year?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Don't feed Dave at the end of the game, eh?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not a foul tho.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:49 pm Don't feed Dave at the end of the game, eh?
LOL. Good bump
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Karma. Good for Dave. Nothing came easy and he never limped around looking for pity like Bacot