Bill Self w/ 2

Kansas Basketball.
hoopla

Re: Bill Self w/ 2

Post by hoopla »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:15 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:58 am If the NCAA or IARP bring down the hammer, could there be some other civil action available to KU against the NCAA?

Say, we relied on the NCAA’s own clearinghouse to certify these guys, and now the NCAA is saying we should have known better anyway.

I’m biased, but that argument seems to hold more water than the NCAA saying we should have known better than to be the victims of criminal fraud.
Did you see how short our skirt was?

We were asking for it.
great comment, phd.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is always a waiver. There is always an appeal. The NCAA should have waived the punishment. The crazy enforcement of rules caused the NIL to finally be forced on them kicking and screaming. Their own senior personnel turned a blind eye to certain schools (UNC, UK and Duke for example). And they are culpable for the Shoe Factory paradigm. Every school with uniform/shoe deals should also come under the same punishment umbrella.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

So is that "submitted" or "cemented"
:lol:
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:58 am If the NCAA or IARP bring down the hammer, could there be some other civil action available to KU against the NCAA?

Say, we relied on the NCAA’s own clearinghouse to certify these guys, and now the NCAA is saying we should have known better anyway.

I’m biased, but that argument seems to hold more water than the NCAA saying we should have known better than to be the victims of criminal fraud.
Self's lawyers are almost guaranteed to drag this into court. I get the feeling that Bill Self wants Nike's dirty laundry, and thus Duke/Arizona and other's dirty laundry, drug out into the open for all to see as well.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:32 am There is always a waiver. There is always an appeal. The NCAA should have waived the punishment. The crazy enforcement of rules caused the NIL to finally be forced on them kicking and screaming. Their own senior personnel turned a blind eye to certain schools (UNC, UK and Duke for example). And they are culpable for the Shoe Factory paradigm. Every school with uniform/shoe deals should also come under the same punishment umbrella.
There is no appeal of the IARP ruling.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:10 pm
Sparko wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:32 am There is always a waiver. There is always an appeal. The NCAA should have waived the punishment. The crazy enforcement of rules caused the NIL to finally be forced on them kicking and screaming. Their own senior personnel turned a blind eye to certain schools (UNC, UK and Duke for example). And they are culpable for the Shoe Factory paradigm. Every school with uniform/shoe deals should also come under the same punishment umbrella.
Tell that to the lawyers.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

yeah, there may be no formal appeal process built in but that doesn’t mean their ruling is the end-all and be-all
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:09 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:10 pm
Tell that to the lawyers.
Suing the NCAA in a real court is not an appeal. That said, I 100% believe that is the direction this is headed.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How can I buy I want
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

That’s dope
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

It looks ok. The title is very good. I am so glad it isn't mouths wide open. Someone in Lawrence thinks bobbing-for-apples try-outs look should be the go to look for nearly everything.

Just one example:
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

This one by Nick Krug is also great.

PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

David, for me, was one of the most frustrating players to watch, but now all is forgiven. My wife won’t let me forget that I bagged on him all season.

I once said he made Landon Lucas look like he was Travis Kelce(as it relates to his ability to catch entry passes).

I’m so glad I’m an idiot, makes it easy to forgive and forget.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

not an idiot

him laying turds earlier and then ballin out in the tourney can both be true (and are, imo)

good Dave is/was an absolute presence
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Dave didn't lay that many "turds". Especially when you account for bad matchups where our strategy was to go to Mitch for defensive versatility purposes.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

go away, stalker
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Big Dave is now a legend.

1 more year!
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:02 am go away, stalker
Trolling on the basketball board is frowned upon.

Take it to the correct place, troll.