Bill Self w/ 2

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Bill Self w/ 2

Post by KUTradition »

fuck off, stalker
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:06 am Big Dave is now a legend.

1 more year!
Agreed. I'd love 1 more year of Dave CB JW and DH. Och too, but i understand why he wouldn't be able to turn down the draft position.

I will say this, that video of him crying after the game shows how much he loves KU. I don't think it'll be an easy decision to leave.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

turds laid by DMac this season:

11/25: UNT, went for a monster 3 and 3
12/18: SFA, went for a monster 2 and 0
1/11: isu, killed it with 1 and 4
1/18: ou, destroyed with 6 and 4
1/29: uk, lol…3 and 1
2/22: ksu, 5 and 3
3/11: tcu, 5 and 2
3/25: providence, 8 and 2

turds of different sizes, but still turds

games with 2 boards or less: 5

games with 5 pts or less: 9
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

So UK is basically the only "turd". Which is a game you could list our entire team and coaching staff.

The rest were bad matchups. Mostly against smaller mobile 5s where Mitch was the better option.

Maybe just be happy for Dave instead of trying to shit on him because you don't like us celebrating him winning us a national title.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

maybe just go away since you aren’t wanted here?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we are about 62 hours removed from a national championship and the whackjobs are still disparaging Big Dave The Legend.

that is what you call a good fan.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i give Dave all the credit in the world for stepping up when it mattered most

just the fact that so many here saw, and commented on, the dichotomy of good vs bad Dave speaks volumes

nobody is trying to downplay the celebration, numbnutz…another poster was lamenting posting negative things about bad Dave. there’s nothing wrong with criticizing players when it’s warranted
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I wonder what Big Dave The Legend has to do to get the good fans off his back.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

who is on his back?
Deleted User 863

Many of you were overly critical of Dave all season. He made you eat your words.

So did Dajuan Harris. Self and the players gave him as much credit as anyone for turning that game around.

That's why every season, early on, when people are losing their minds about who Self plays, I tend to trust Self. Because he just proved to all of the doubters he knows best. He watches practice. He knows what plays are being called. He know the scouting report that is supposed to be followed.

The messageboarders don't.
Deleted User 863

Everyone on our team (Self included) had a handful of bad games individually this season. But only a few players get singled out.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol…fail

which players got singled out and which got passes for poor games, stalker?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:16 pm lol…fail

which players got singled out and which got passes for poor games, stalker?
None of that really matters.
What matters is that we all recognize that Illannoy is the most supportive, positive and smartest member of this and every other KU board.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Overlander wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:50 pm What matters is that we all recognize that Illannoy is the most supportive, positive and smartest member of this and every other KU board.
i wouldn't go that far. but at least he knows not to publicly disparage Big Dave the Legend 63 hours after Big Dave The Legend delivered us a national championship. that's just common sense stuff.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:54 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:50 pm What matters is that we all recognize that Illannoy is the most supportive, positive and smartest member of this and every other KU board.
i wouldn't go that far. but at least he knows not to publicly disparage Big Dave the Legend 63 hours after Big Dave The Legend delivered us a national championship. that's just common sense stuff.
Repeating this mantra does not make it more true.

Sorry you have to comprehend things this way. Sucks for you.

Rock Chalk!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dave wasn't as good as I thought he would be this season. Another slooowwww start.
He wasn't as bad as a number of posters made him out to be this season.
He ended up being our 3rd best player for the entirety of the season and the first best player in the Final Four.

Decent.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

there we go again…pdub trashing on the greatest Jayhawk of all time
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:07 pm Many of you were overly critical of Dave all season. He made you eat your words.

So did Dajuan Harris. Self and the players gave him as much credit as anyone for turning that game around.

That's why every season, early on, when people are losing their minds about who Self plays, I tend to trust Self. Because he just proved to all of the doubters he knows best. He watches practice. He knows what plays are being called. He know the scouting report that is supposed to be followed.

I don't think very many folks were "overly" critical. Dave deserved a lot of criticism!

He also deserves a lot of praise, for pulling himself out of a pattern where one Bad Dave moment would lead to more, which would lead to Bad Dave games.

He improved, and peaked at the right time. Of course he should be remembered very fondly for this.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think Dave got more criticism than anyone sans Dejuan Harris in my opinion.

I personally think it's both A. the curse of being a big man where people assume because you are close to the basket, you should finish all of your shots, yet dudes who launch 3's aren't as scrutinized because 'it's hard hitting 3's!', and B. because his peak was so high and floor was so low.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:55 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:07 pm Many of you were overly critical of Dave all season. He made you eat your words.

I don't think very many folks were "overly" critical. Dave deserved a lot of criticism!

He also deserves a lot of praise, for pulling himself out of a pattern where one Bad Dave moment would lead to more, which would lead to Bad Dave games.

He improved, and peaked at the right time. Of course he should be remembered very fondly for this.
His foot finally felt better at the Final four he said.

Trainer said he was in the facility for 3 hrs a day of treatment...7 days a week. for 7 months. Thats putting in the work that no one sees.....
Just Ledoux it