21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by MICHHAWK »

we needed rm last night and he came through. Keep it up young man.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm not at all convinced we should change up the starting lineup, but the feel from the press conferences both Saturday and today makes me think Remy is 30+ minutes here on out.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I absolutely love Remy coming off the bench. Let Harris annoy the other team's lead guard for a few minutes while letting Remy sit and watch how they are defending, then unleash his energy and ability to break down whether to score or pass.

It will also be nice for Dave to play a true 5 who won't try to take him out to the 3 point line.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:06 pm I'm not at all convinced we should change up the starting lineup, but the feel from the press conferences both Saturday and today makes me think Remy is 30+ minutes here on out.
Watching the "Bill Self is too stubborn and only plays his guys" crowd bend over backward to ignore that major adjustment will be hilarious.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m cool with Dajuan continuing to start. We’re still a top 10 lineup with him.

But Remy is the much better guard, and the lead guy we haven’t had for much of the season who might very well be the difference between “just” another top 10 squad a a true contender.

Plus, it messes with the opposing team’s game plan. Let them have to deal with adjusting for a faster guy you do have to guard as a shooter, screw with their schemes and rotations.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd prefer more of Remy but definitely mix them both in because you can't help off Remy like you can Dejuan but Dejuan is a better defender and moves the ball better.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

"It's not who starts, but who finishes" has never been more appropriate than the rest of this season. There's so many runs through the course of a game that you just have to be able to take them and counter back, putting your best 5 out to finish and go on the last run of the game.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Last game didn’t Dajuan play like 18 minutes and Remy like 28?

That’s about right.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I hope Remy has 4 more good games in him. We will need him to win it all.

We will also need DH.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

So the whole "depth is overrated in the tournament" thing.

I still agree to a degree. But, we sure would not have won this one without 6 and 7 out there. And 8 gave us some pretty damn good plays too. Played 9 in the Natty.

Nova and UNC sure could have used a 6th and/or 7th player.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The similarities in the scoring box scores are eerie between the two teams.

Both teams had 2 guys score 15 points. Bacot and Davis for UNC. McCormack and Wilson for KU.

Both teams had two other scorers tie in points. Manek and Love each had 13. Agbaji and Braun each had 12.

Both teams had a starting guard who scored just 2 points. Black for UNC and Harris for KU.

Both teams had a backup guard shoot 5-9 in the game. Johnson for UNC and Martin for KU.

UNC had 10 more points from the free throw line (come on, Och) on 8 more attemps and KU had 14 more points from the floor on 7 less attempts.

Those drives to the paint by the guards in the second half, Remy's late threes and DMac to finish it off qnd one bucket from Mitch made just enough difference.

National Champs.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:10 pm The similarities in the scoring box scores are eerie between the two teams.

Both teams had 2 guys score 15 points. Bacot and Davis for UNC. McCormack and Wilson for KU.

Both teams had two other scorers tie in points. Manek and Love each had 13. Agbaji and Braun each had 12.

Both teams had a starting guard who scored just 2 points. Black for UNC and Harris for KU.

Both teams had a backup guard shoot 5-9 in the game. Johnson for UNC and Martin for KU.

UNC had 10 more points from the free throw line (come on, Och) on 8 more attemps and KU had 14 more points from the floor on 7 less attempts.

Those drives to the paint by the guards in the second half, Remy's late threes and DMac to finish it off qnd one bucket from Mitch made just enough difference.

National Champs.
Not sure if it's been said yet or not, but both KU and UNC led for exactly 18:32 last night.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Crazy.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Honestly, I enjoy blowouts more.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

at the time i was living it, it was painful. like pulling teeth. living and dying with every possession.

but now, i wouldn't have it any other way.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:53 pm So the whole "depth is overrated in the tournament" thing.

I still agree to a degree. But, we sure would not have won this one without 6 and 7 out there. And 8 gave us some pretty damn good plays too. Played 9 in the Natty.

Nova and UNC sure could have used a 6th and/or 7th player.
Definitely need 7 or 8 guys.

Definitely don't need to try to play 10 guys.