Royals

Other Sports.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Royals

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Seems like they're going to roll with Witt at 3rd, Lopez at SS, Whit to 2nd and a rotation in RF.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:10 pm Seems like they're going to roll with Witt at 3rd, Lopez at SS, Whit to 2nd and a rotation in RF.
I was in favor of Witt being at 3rd for so long as Mondesi was still a possibility. Now that he's not, SS should be Witt's from this point forward.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

My guess is that they'll wait until they have a bit of a break to refocus their lineup.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I want Matheny to start valuing bats more than he does. This ain't St. Louis's rotation.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Not that it mattered mostly, but the umpiring was comically pro-NYY the first two games. Lots of head-shaking "judgement" calls. I have never seen a check swing where the bat was pointing toward shortstop before. When they pushed Witt Jr. off of third and called him out Friday? That was also among the worst ever calls. And they are so smug about it.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Really sick of this offense and that annoying fan making that constant noise.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Putrid
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I have other things to do. MLB better crush this crew. The umpire engineered a comeback today in the 7th. We need an automatic ball strike.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hey, at least we aren't as bad as the Cubs.
We gonna reach 70 wins?
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

These guys suck.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We usually get an occasional Royals game here on MLB. So far this yea, nuttin. From just reading the scores, I have to throw in with Leawood.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We get one game Wednesday night August 10th on FS1.
Clear your schedule.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The bargain basement management staff is embarrassing. There is talent. But it disappears with Matheny. He is not the droid we are looking for.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Colorado got the bats healthy. Man. Stayed up and watched the two-TD performance.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What is the gist, Shindig? Firewalled. I don't subscribe because they are so negative about KU.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Sparko wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:54 am
What is the gist, Shindig? Firewalled. I don't subscribe because they are so negative about KU.
Ah yeah, sorry. Royals owner is looking at potentially having a new Royals ballpark downtown open by the 2026 season opener, much sooner than what a lot of folks were thinking since their lease runs through 2031. Looking at extending the 3/8 cents sales tax for Chiefs and Royals that contributed to the renovations at both stadiums in 2006-2008. A lot of political maneuvering to get this accomplished, but sounds like they have a lot of local politicians and local businesses pushing for a stadium downtown. Two main locations are the East Village, basically east of most of the government buildings and 18th & Vine area. Sherman, the owner, prefers the East Village next to JE Dunns HQs that are also owners in the Royals.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

East Village would be perfect. Around P&L, close to the highways. Just perfect.

Witt Jr starting to warm up. He started slow at every level and then just goes on a tear. Think he's starting to get there now.

Audible Bobby chants in Colorado this weekend over the broadcast.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I can't begin to understand the genius of Matheny, but Singer throws the best Royals game in two years and is sent back to Omaha? Matheny won't hit and run, kept around a slow roster in a big park, and has made a hash of the batting order. Yost seems like Einstein to me now.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Procedural move. He won’t pitch for 5 days. They’ll bring him back up.